Review @ Out of Eight (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

JaguarUSF -> Review @ Out of Eight (11/30/2006 10:31:16 PM)

A review of For Liberty! has been posted at Out of Eight PC Game Reviews:
http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2006/11/for-liberty-review.html
Enjoy!

rhondabrwn -> RE: Review @ Out of Eight (12/1/2006 5:05:22 AM)

I think he was a bit overly critical and the rating should have been 6/8 rather than the 5/8 he assigned.

I think he is on the money to indicate that you really need to enjoy the period to maximize your enjoyment out of this game. I'm fascinated because I just finished teaching my 7th graders about the Revolutionary War and "For Liberty" does capture the feel of the era. If interested at all in the Revolutionary War, this game is a "must buy". If your primary interest is tanks careening across the Russian Steppes, then this game probably isn't for you. On the "8 out of 8" rating scale, I think a 6/8 would be appropriate ("buy it if you like the genre").

HussarGames -> RE: Review @ Out of Eight (12/1/2006 11:33:18 AM)

The reviewer also had issues with some missing features that are actually present in the game.

1. Simulated battle speed.
In the review there is a complaint, that these are too slow. However you can adjust the speed when you start a battle during your turn. At very fast, it is really VERY fast.

2. Stances and tactics
The reviewer makes a point that this is too much micromanagement. Well, there is the option of the Simple rule set when you start the game. With this you do not have to adjust stances, tactics and formations (in battles). It makes the pace of the game much quicker.

3. Showing units that have moved
All units that were moved have the leader's name grayed out. This makes it quite easy to tell which units have moved and which not.

On the other hand, not having smaller campaigns is a valid point of the reviewer. A new demo is coming out soon and it has a smaller but challenging campaign - ideal for new players to get started.

Bottyan -> RE: Review @ Out of Eight (12/1/2006 12:27:27 PM)

micromanagement: me it is not high (for example: we don't must to select armory, or weapons for our regiments).

robpost3 -> RE: Review @ Out of Eight (12/1/2006 7:46:41 PM)

I disagree on the tutorial part.  I thought it was well represented and clear. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI