Small event mislabling? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

jimwinsor -> Small event mislabling? (12/3/2006 12:56:51 PM)

My British got an event in early April 1776 "French Intervention." Went on about how Louis XIV is now letting us recruit and buy equipment from France, etc.. Except I got some new German generals to choose from as a result (maybe some more men and weapons in my pool too, I'm not sure).

Seems this event is mislabled for the Brits, should be Hessian Assistance, or some such?

A whole lot of German troops landed near NYC a few turns later, too.

Moltke71 -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/3/2006 5:46:48 PM)

Unless you mistyped, the King was also mislabeled - should be Louis XVI.

jimwinsor -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/3/2006 7:54:31 PM)

Yeah...in fact I located the exact text in the files here:

French Aid#Be advised that in accordance to our Monarch Louis the XIV's desires, you are now enabled and allowed to purchase military arms and armaments from France. In consideration of your current financial situation, said provisions will be provided via a preferential load. Furthermore, you are hereby allowed and permitted to recruit French subjects to your cause, with special regards to trained army officers. Do not however look forward to other, more open diplomatic steps, due in part to the currant volatile state of European political affairs.

jimwinsor -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/3/2006 10:42:33 PM)

You know, I was just thinking, what with the Louis XIV reference that this could be an event misplaced from the Hungary scenario.

HussarGames -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/4/2006 4:37:18 PM)

Thanks for spotting, this. There is no explanation text for this event in the current version, there will be 1 in the next patch. This will state that: 'USA now may buy cannons and weapons for influence'

This event only applies to the USA. Reinforcements are a different matter, they are listed in the manual and do not appear as events.

jimwinsor -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/4/2006 6:18:45 PM)

Actually I got the event as British, not USA; it seemed to coincide with the addition of Germanic generals to my leader pool, just prior to all those troops (including many Hessians) reinforcing to New York on 5/3/76.

BTW great game!  :o)

HussarGames -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/4/2006 7:51:36 PM)

Historical events are shown for both sides, that is why you have that event as the British as well.

jimwinsor -> RE: Small event mislabling? (12/4/2006 8:12:41 PM)

Ah!  Yes, now that you mention it I did get to see the Declaration of Independance event as Brits too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI