RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/17/2007 4:20:35 AM)

I finally got mine in the mail today. Twenty seven days from order date to arrival.[X(]

Curious -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/17/2007 5:53:44 AM)

Got mine today (01/17).  And the manual is printed in color.  That was a pleasant surprise since I was led to believe that it was going to be in b&w.  Very nice.  Good work Matrix.

CB

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/17/2007 5:56:54 AM)

Yeah, but what a manual. I thought it was supposed to be in B&W only, but I was pleasantly suprised to see that it was in full color. Only thing I don't care for is the covers. A little frail as mine has 2 tears in it already(just got it today). I am rather envious of those with the free time to play as mine is so limited now. Got the game before Thanksgiving and have only played a few hours so far. I do enjoy what I have seen though. It is not unusual for me to sit on a game for a while before I really start playing it a lot. Had CoTA for 4 months before digging into it. Same with WiTP, though I never fully grasped that beast and it started collecting dust rather quickly.

mo reb

Marc von Martial -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/17/2007 11:55:00 AM)

quote:

Yeah, but what a manual. I thought it was supposed to be in B&W only, but I was pleasantly suprised to see that it was in full color. Only thing I don't care for is the covers. A little frail as mine has 2 tears in it already(just got it today).

David negotiated full color manuals during the little "delay" time DR had with getting the production rolling.

We are already on top of the covers, we would like them thicker ourselves. Not a game breaker though, considering the fact that we got 4c manuals from the printer at no extra charge [;)]

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/17/2007 8:25:43 PM)

[:)]Mine is "out for delivery"...yipeekayyeamutherf......
EDIT: Gorgeous Manual & Package[&o]! Superb job guys![:)]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/18/2007 12:27:00 AM)

Any news on UK manuals upgrade offer, David?

Artmiser -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/18/2007 10:12:13 AM)

Just checking I read through everything and didnt see anything on the deal about upgrading the digital download to get the physical copy.  Did I just miss it?

JudgeDredd -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/18/2007 10:22:38 AM)

Yes...as a one-time-only offer, Matrix very kindly said anyone who bought the DD copy of this game can upgrade to boxed copy with manual for the price difference....when the option is ready, they will inform ppl...I was just checking if they had heard anything.

See this thread
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1332734

decaturkev -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/19/2007 2:46:07 AM)

Excellent manual! Mine is with me 24/7, I just hope I do not lose it. I think I will tie it with three cigars just in case.

desertstorm -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/19/2007 3:00:34 PM)

Any news when the EU orders will shipped?[&:]

CTB123 -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/19/2007 8:18:08 PM)

I just got mine today.  It was a huge surprise to see color.  Very, very nice.  I might be interested in paying extra for color in the future if it were an option.  Whoever put the manual together did a great job in layout, color choice and so on.

I was one of the folks that bought FOF via download before the printed manual option was announced.  I was one that complained about that fact here on the forums.  I now want thank Matrix for working out the option for us early purchasers to have a printed manual.  I am very satisfied.  The color manual is that much more of a bonus.  I'm sure the folks that have had to wait for their box that did not have a D/L will find the wait worth it.

Tony

desertstorm -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 1:19:32 AM)

i ordered my copy 2. Jan. copy over the EU schop from DR, via PayPal and is still backordered. All what the european customers hears is, "when the US orders are shipped, we hope, with luck. I think the EU orders have mutch less priority at all. We have to wait!

JudgeDredd -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 1:59:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: desertstorm

i ordered my copy 2. Jan. copy over the EU schop from DR, via PayPal and is still backordered. All what the european customers hears is, "when the US orders are shipped, we hope, with luck. I think the EU orders have mutch less priority at all. We have to wait!

To be fair, this game isn't nearly as popular in the UK as it will be in the US. So you have to understand the econocmics of fulfilling the US orders before the "rest of the world" orders, if indeed that is happening.

Matrix will come good. They've already posted (here or in another thread?) that they underestimated the popularity of the game. It's a simple case of underestimation...I know that doesn't help people who don't have the game...but they will get it to you.

Dadaan -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 7:21:23 AM)

Just got it! I've never had such a heavy game before. As others have mentioned, the paperback novel or manual as some call it is pretty awesome.

desertstorm -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 11:52:12 AM)

How mutch pages have the manual ?

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 12:08:45 PM)

the pdf contains 252 pages iirc

desertstorm -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 1:19:31 PM)

Thank you Oliver, thats a lot to read. I hope my copy comes soon!

Marc von Martial -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 1:27:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

the pdf contains 252 pages iirc

The printed manual is exactly 200 pages. The Appendix (which is part of the eBook version manual) is available as a PDF on the disk. We had to do this splitting since we have a 200 pages limit on the manuals.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 1:27:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CTB123
Whoever put the manual together did a great job in layout, color choice and so on.

Glad you like it.

wzh55 -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/20/2007 8:19:58 PM)

Erik or whoever,

Just a question. I emailed support twice and no response. I ordered the $9.99 hard copy w/manual on December 28, 2006. I tried to check on the order and realized I have gotten no order number for my order. Can you check your records to see if indeed I did order the upgrade? Thanks. and Thanks for a great game and great support.

desertstorm -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/21/2007 12:43:11 AM)

Hallo Erik, any news when the EU orders will shipped?

Wardyr -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/22/2007 1:34:02 PM)

MY only question is have NWS's copies been sent to them for shipment?[&o]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/22/2007 3:31:28 PM)

Hi Bill,

quote:

ORIGINAL: wzh55
Just a question. I emailed support twice and no response. I ordered the $9.99 hard copy w/manual on December 28, 2006. I tried to check on the order and realized I have gotten no order number for my order. Can you check your records to see if indeed I did order the upgrade? Thanks. and Thanks for a great game and great support.

I'm not sure why people are having trouble hearing from support@matrixgames.com, unless these are all weekend issues, in which case you should hear back today.

I would check your spam filters to see if that order e-mail exists. It's tough to track down an order without an order number. If you want to e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com, if you don't have your order # I'll need your personal info to try to track it down that way.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available! (1/22/2007 3:32:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: desertstorm
Hallo Erik, any news when the EU orders will shipped?

Any day now... please see my reply in your other thread.

Masayuki -> I can not receive my order. (1/27/2007 5:32:59 AM)

I don't receive an article though I ordered on January 7th.
Will it not reach because it is Japan?
In any degree, there was e-mail but there is not an answer.
It doesn't understand whether or not it is good why and it posts a message to this place.
Anyhow, tell a solution.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI