End of Battle question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

cyberwop36 -> End of Battle question (12/29/2006 11:45:15 PM)

I am trying the demo and thinking about buying. I noticed when I m winning a engagement the battle suddenly ends and all the enemy troops escape. Even the ones I have surrounded escape.

No matter the tactical situation all enemy troops automatically beam out unscathed. You have to physically kill all the enemy troops before the computer decides to beam all his forces to safety intact. No one ever surrenders?

Are battles handled the same way? What is the difference between a engagement and a battle?

Besides that it seems like a great game. And I can see part of the reason for the abrupt end of battle. Decisive battles that completely destroy a enemy army were rare in this time period, weren't they?

Thanks

HussarGames -> RE: End of Battle question (12/30/2006 10:55:05 AM)

Routed units are considered to be dispersed and thus they cannot be effectively surrounded. Units may surrender after the battle if their morale, supply and readiness are low (morale being the key factor in this).

These things are deliberate design decisions. Due to the turn-based nature of the game, you can achieve set-ups which would not be possible in real life (eg: surrounding an enemy unit).

Yes, it was very uncommon for a force to be totally destroyed. Surrenders did happen though when the situation was desperate and this is modelled.

cyberwop36 -> RE: End of Battle question (12/31/2006 6:34:16 AM)

Thanks, I bought the game. About my 4th or 5th matrix game ;] .
I look forward to figuring it all out.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: End of Battle question (12/31/2006 7:55:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HussarGames

Surrenders did happen though when the situation was desperate and this is modelled.
[:D]Yes indeed, and thanks for the Heavy Cannons General[:D]! I"m loving this game...I'll never look at a dollar bill(George Washington) the same again[;)].

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI