What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

PAEZ -> What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/4/2007 11:12:47 PM)

Ok, I order the 21th, " two day shipping"
I called and the order still backorder

ummmm, I thought that everything was all done and ready, what is going on ??

I need the manuel [:D]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 12:18:40 AM)

nope[:(]

AP514 -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 1:12:36 AM)

I have also been wait'n for mine to come in the Mail.
I ordered it on the 20th of Dec..........thought it was X-Mass delay [&:]

AP514

Dadaan -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 3:01:01 AM)

Ditto

Queeg -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 4:41:39 AM)

Me too.

Erik Rutins -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 4:57:40 AM)

Hi everyone,

We've been working furiously behind the scenes on this. We also thought things were ready to go when we posted the option to order and left for Christmas. Due to a number of screw-ups on DR's side, they were not ready to go as we were told. In fairness, these are the kinds of things that can happen when a new process like "on demand printed manuals" is inaugurated, but we regret the additional delays and are as frustrated by them as you are.

We're now told that January 9th will be the absolute final date, beyond which there will be no further delays. I'm passing that along here. We're also working on an arrangement for those of you who ordered faster shipping options in good faith that the physical orders would be shipping soon. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Regards,

- Erik

Adam Parker -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 6:54:16 AM)

Hi Erik I just sent you an email using the address link listed under your name here - I forgot I could send a private message. Please let me know if it doesn't reach you.

ckk -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 7:56:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We've been working furiously behind the scenes on this. We also thought things were ready to go when we posted the option to order and left for Christmas. Due to a number of screw-ups on DR's side, they were not ready to go as we were told. In fairness, these are the kinds of things that can happen when a new process like "on demand printed manuals" is inaugurated, but we regret the additional delays and are as frustrated by them as you are.

We're now told that January 9th will be the absolute final date, beyond which there will be no further delays. I'm passing that along here. We're also working on an arrangement for those of you who ordered faster shipping options in good faith that the physical orders would be shipping soon. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik
You guys always do good. But I just got my credit card bill and DR has taken my money and still hasn't performed. Maybe next contract they have to deliver before they can take the money????!!![:'(][&:]

Erik Rutins -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 8:04:49 AM)

Agreed, ckk. I'll bring this up with them in the morning, they should not have charged you already.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 8:12:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Agreed, ckk. I'll bring this up with them in the morning, they should not have charged you already.
FYI they charged me too, obviously for the dd, but for the Physical as well(David's Manual Offer). No biggie, just supplying information[8D].
UPS 2nd Day was my choice![sm=00000506.gif]

Mike Scholl -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 2:20:17 PM)

Eric.   Digital River was pulling the same crud back when WITP was new.  Matrix really needs to think about finding someone else for this function.

Adam Parker -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/5/2007 3:52:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Digital River...

Symantec is using Digital River now for its Norton 2007 download range.

The buggiest edition of Norton Internet Security I've ever used (not DR's fault of course)!

But Matrix does have a much friendlier store front and user interface linked to DR. A real gem making shopping so easy.

IronX -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/6/2007 2:51:43 AM)

lol, I've been checking my mail box daily expecting to see the game but will relax now that I know there has been a delay. I'm looking forward to get my hands on the printed manual before launching myself fully into a game (I dislike reading lengthy pdf files).

Thanks, Erik et al, for keeping us informed and trying hard to resolve the problem.

Andrew

freeboy -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/6/2007 5:46:00 AM)

I t is too bad tha Matrix needs DR, I would rather the funds spent there go to M, yet I know there would be some start up needs and DR is already a working , sic, service... thanks for taking care of us end users Matrix, even if we have to deal with the likes of DR

Erik Rutins -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/6/2007 5:53:03 AM)

Thank you for understanding, everyone. I can only hope we've got all the "first time" stuff ironed out now so that the next release's physical version will go smoothly.

Adam Parker -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/6/2007 9:05:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I would rather the funds spent there go to M, yet I know there would be some start up needs and DR is already a working , sic, service...

Not some. I've been discussing this with some friends and apparently the costs of running an in-house download service are huge. The merchant, inventory and storage costs for physical supply, require economies of scale too if growth is a goal.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/6/2007 8:03:14 PM)

[8D]It is a marriage of necessicity, Matrix has a big enough "stable" and more work than they could have dreamed of. Digital River is the "Black Hole" of internet bandwidth, a few extra hundred thousand downloads is like a flea being flicked off their arm.
They both are extremely adept at what they do, although DR is very singular in the adept department[;)].
Now, how to make this marriage a perfect one? One that will last 'till death do they part?
Dr. Phil?...You out there?[:D]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What happend with the Phisycal orders?? (1/6/2007 8:29:27 PM)

A good one.[:D]
quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

[8D]It is a marriage of necessicity, Matrix has a big enough "stable" and more work than they could have dreamed of. Digital River is the "Black Hole" of internet bandwidth, a few extra hundred thousand downloads is like a flea being flicked off their arm.
They both are extremely adept at what they do, although DR is very singular in the adept department[;)].
Now, how to make this marriage a perfect one? One that will last 'till death do they part?
Dr. Phil?...You out there?[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI