Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

michaelincolorado -> Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (1/23/2007 3:06:36 AM)

The poll has been out for over two months - when will you announce what the next game will be? This one is great and I can't wait for another! Thanks.

Michael

HussarGames -> RE: Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (1/24/2007 2:50:12 PM)

I cannot tell you this time, we want to have some screens to release when we announce the game. It is progressing nicely and we are planning for a spring release.

Hint: It is the first campaign of a great ruler and it is on the list.

HussarGames -> RE: Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (1/24/2007 3:09:03 PM)

A few of the new features:
- The map is based on satellite radar height data and will look much better
- There will be no black edges on our sprites anymore
- We have a new graphic artist for 2D and he will redo all screens
- A whole new soundtrack is in production
- Cohesion is introduced, it will represent things like stragglers, lightly wounded soldiers and the like
- There will be all new random events

James Ward -> RE: Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (1/24/2007 3:13:26 PM)

I have a suggestion for the random events.
Make "no event' one of the events.
While the events are a nice touch they tend to repeat themselves after 150 or so turns. [:)]

jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com -> RE: Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (1/24/2007 10:58:25 PM)

quote:

Hint: It is the first campaign of a great ruler and it is on the list.

It must be "The Wars of Dracula"!!! [:)] [:D] (Hungarian-Turkish Wars, featuring Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes (later Dracula) Prince of Wallachia)

Actually I expect that it is Frederick the Great, an excellent choice in my opinion. Intriguingly though it might be Napoleon's first Italian Campaign which would also be a very exciting choice. In any case, it's a lot of fun to speculate.

sol_invictus -> RE: Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (1/29/2007 5:13:06 AM)

Must be Napoleon.[&o]

jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com -> RE: Ok, Hussar, what will the next game be? (2/5/2007 12:27:10 AM)

quote:

A few of the new features:
- The map is based on satellite radar height data and will look much better
- There will be no black edges on our sprites anymore
- We have a new graphic artist for 2D and he will redo all screens
- A whole new soundtrack is in production
- Cohesion is introduced, it will represent things like stragglers, lightly wounded soldiers and the like
- There will be all new random events

Hussar:
I think that in the next game you should also consider revising the way in which the computer decides where to retreat an army after losing a battle. The current system makes choices that I consider problematic. On occasion I've had it retreat me out into open country, or even into the woods, when there was an open road behind me, leading to a friendly town. I would suggest adding a feature, like that used by Frank Hunter in Campaigns on the Danube, where the player can designate a retreat point to which he wishes to retreat in the event that he suffers a defeat. The path path followed would be whichever is the shortest in terms of movement points. The player could set a retreat point for all units in the hex together, or set retreat points for each commander individually, or leave it for the computer to set the retreat point. I think this would help to make an excellent game even better, and I hope you will consider it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI