POW's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Titanwarrior89 -> POW's (2/17/2007 6:40:10 AM)

Soldiers moved around behind the Ruskies and 5 german troopers out of the squad gave it up. I am going to have to reread the manual.[:(]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 6:43:28 AM)

oops sorry my screen save didn't work. Ole well, I was just wondering why they gave it up. If anything the russians were taking fire from both directions. However the german(me) were in the woods and receiving some fire. Russian's were in trenches.

Randall Grubb -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 7:06:22 AM)

The German team's morale was very low and one or more of the soldiers were Cowering, Paniced or Broken. They were not in the vicinity of or in the command radius of a command team (press the Space Bar on your keyboard to view command radius circles, denoted by color and size for effectiveness).

Instead of Deserting, they Surrended. To forstall this from happening in the future, add more command teams to your force mix and keep your teams within a command team's command radius.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 4:35:18 PM)

Thanks for your answer. I figured it probley was one of the areas you mention. When it happened I must have missed something.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

The German team's morale was very low and one or more of the soldiers were Cowering, Paniced or Broken. They were not in the vicinity of or in the command radius of a command team (press the Space Bar on your keyboard to view command radius circles, denoted by color and size for effectiveness).

Instead of Deserting, they Surrended. To forstall this from happening in the future, add more command teams to your force mix and keep your teams within a command team's command radius.

Beeblebrox -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 5:54:09 PM)

This is definately going to happen to more players.

Good! [:D] 

It will teach you not to take stupid risks, and rely on high risk/kamakaze manouvres to try and clinch a situation.  Desperation is a dire taskmaster to be sure, and you may get away with some really dodgy stuff, but it will be much more difficult in CoI than it was in CC3 (on the whole).

Hertston -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 6:34:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

This is definately going to happen to more players.

Good! [:D] 

Whether it should happen when the only enemy team nearby is in a single storey building under continuous fire from three friendly machine guns I'm not sure! That was my first experience of surrender in CoI [:D]

Beeblebrox -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 7:07:50 PM)

I did not intend to describe your particular experience as 'stupid', but I can see how that connection would be made from what I said.  No offense I hope?  I was describing what I think is a difference between CC and CoI when it comes to unit reaction, having had this issue arise a few times from others already (usually expecting a lone Team well out on a limb, to perform Rambo like against the odds).

What is boils down to is that the morale status of your own Teams must be monitored carefully.  The fact a suppressed enemy is nearby may not be that important.  They are there for one.  Was your Team in Command influence, or out of contact with other Teams?  Were their flank(s) exposed/insecure?  Were there damaged frindlies in the area?  What other enemy units were around (any Tanks?).

Combinations of these, the Team's casualties and other influences can come to bear on the Morale, and if it's too bad, they will either flee or surrender, or go beserk I guess.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: POW's (2/17/2007 7:42:06 PM)

No problem, group therapy may help[:)] Please don't be to rough, or I may fire you as my Dr.[:-] Seriously, I didnt take it that way. Don't mind the help in the forums. Found one of my problems was operating a Independent squad out of command. I left them out on their own for awhile(out of contact). I will watch for the things mentioned in this thread. [X(]
quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

I did not intend to describe your particular experience as 'stupid', but I can see how that connection would be made from what I said.  No offense I hope?  I was describing what I think is a difference between CC and CoI when it comes to unit reaction, having had this issue arise a few times from others already (usually expecting a lone Team well out on a limb, to perform Rambo like against the odds).

What is boils down to is that the morale status of your own Teams must be monitored carefully.  The fact a suppressed enemy is nearby may not be that important.  They are there for one.  Was your Team in Command influence, or out of contact with other Teams?  Were their flank(s) exposed/insecure?  Were there damaged frindlies in the area?  What other enemy units were around (any Tanks?).

Combinations of these, the Team's casualties and other influences can come to bear on the Morale, and if it's too bad, they will either flee or surrender, or go beserk I guess.

Beeblebrox -> RE: POW's (2/18/2007 1:21:10 AM)

quote:

group therapy may help[:)] Please don't be to rough, or I may fire you as my Dr.[:-]
LOL!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI