Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

POW's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> POW's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
POW's - 2/17/2007 6:40:10 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Soldiers moved around behind the Ruskies and 5 german troopers out of the squad gave it up. I am going to have to reread the manual.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 6:43:28 AM   
Titanwarrior89

oops sorry my screen save didn't work. Ole well, I was just wondering why they gave it up. If anything the russians were taking fire from both directions. However the german(me) were in the woods and receiving some fire. Russian's were in trenches.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 7:06:22 AM   
Randall Grubb

The German team's morale was very low and one or more of the soldiers were Cowering, Paniced or Broken. They were not in the vicinity of or in the command radius of a command team (press the Space Bar on your keyboard to view command radius circles, denoted by color and size for effectiveness).

Instead of Deserting, they Surrended. To forstall this from happening in the future, add more command teams to your force mix and keep your teams within a command team's command radius.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

Post #: 3
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 4:35:18 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Thanks for your answer. I figured it probley was one of the areas you mention. When it happened I must have missed something.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

The German team's morale was very low and one or more of the soldiers were Cowering, Paniced or Broken. They were not in the vicinity of or in the command radius of a command team (press the Space Bar on your keyboard to view command radius circles, denoted by color and size for effectiveness).

Instead of Deserting, they Surrended. To forstall this from happening in the future, add more command teams to your force mix and keep your teams within a command team's command radius.

(in reply to Randall Grubb)
Post #: 4
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 5:54:09 PM   
Beeblebrox

This is definately going to happen to more players.

Good!  

It will teach you not to take stupid risks, and rely on high risk/kamakaze manouvres to try and clinch a situation.  Desperation is a dire taskmaster to be sure, and you may get away with some really dodgy stuff, but it will be much more difficult in CoI than it was in CC3 (on the whole).

Post #: 5
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 6:34:23 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

This is definately going to happen to more players.

Good!  

Whether it should happen when the only enemy team nearby is in a single storey building under continuous fire from three friendly machine guns I'm not sure! That was my first experience of surrender in CoI

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 6
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 7:07:50 PM   
Beeblebrox

I did not intend to describe your particular experience as 'stupid', but I can see how that connection would be made from what I said.  No offense I hope?  I was describing what I think is a difference between CC and CoI when it comes to unit reaction, having had this issue arise a few times from others already (usually expecting a lone Team well out on a limb, to perform Rambo like against the odds).

What is boils down to is that the morale status of your own Teams must be monitored carefully.  The fact a suppressed enemy is nearby may not be that important.  They are there for one.  Was your Team in Command influence, or out of contact with other Teams?  Were their flank(s) exposed/insecure?  Were there damaged frindlies in the area?  What other enemy units were around (any Tanks?).

Combinations of these, the Team's casualties and other influences can come to bear on the Morale, and if it's too bad, they will either flee or surrender, or go beserk I guess.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 7
RE: POW's - 2/17/2007 7:42:06 PM   
Titanwarrior89

No problem, group therapy may help Please don't be to rough, or I may fire you as my Dr. Seriously, I didnt take it that way. Don't mind the help in the forums. Found one of my problems was operating a Independent squad out of command. I left them out on their own for awhile(out of contact). I will watch for the things mentioned in this thread.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

I did not intend to describe your particular experience as 'stupid', but I can see how that connection would be made from what I said.  No offense I hope?  I was describing what I think is a difference between CC and CoI when it comes to unit reaction, having had this issue arise a few times from others already (usually expecting a lone Team well out on a limb, to perform Rambo like against the odds).

What is boils down to is that the morale status of your own Teams must be monitored carefully.  The fact a suppressed enemy is nearby may not be that important.  They are there for one.  Was your Team in Command influence, or out of contact with other Teams?  Were their flank(s) exposed/insecure?  Were there damaged frindlies in the area?  What other enemy units were around (any Tanks?).

Combinations of these, the Team's casualties and other influences can come to bear on the Morale, and if it's too bad, they will either flee or surrender, or go beserk I guess.

(in reply to Beeblebrox)
Post #: 8
RE: POW's - 2/18/2007 1:21:10 AM   
Beeblebrox

quote:

group therapy may help Please don't be to rough, or I may fire you as my Dr.
LOL!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> POW's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI