Supply in tactical battles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848

Jaypea -> Supply in tactical battles (2/21/2007 4:16:35 AM)

Can you resupply units during tactical battles?

Thanks
Jaypea

James Ward -> RE: Supply in tactical battles (2/21/2007 5:01:53 PM)

Nope.

I have had some battles where all my units were out of ammo at the end of the battle. Not much to do then but CHARGE!!!!!

Jaypea -> RE: Supply in tactical battles (2/21/2007 7:17:54 PM)

Sounds like an oversight to me. Especially for forces that are within a city or fort. They should never run out of ammo. Maybe the developers can add supply wagon to the purchase units list and add a new function in the tactical battle mode.

BTW - I noticed this forum is very quiet. I own many of the Matrix games and this is one of my favorites. I especially prefer the hex based games vs the "province" games like in FOF. Great game also but it would be much better with some of the features of this game.

Just my two cents

Jaypea

James Ward -> RE: Supply in tactical battles (2/21/2007 7:47:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaypea

Sounds like an oversight to me. Especially for forces that are within a city or fort. They should never run out of ammo. Maybe the developers can add supply wagon to the purchase units list and add a new function in the tactical battle mode.

BTW - I noticed this forum is very quiet. I own many of the Matrix games and this is one of my favorites. I especially prefer the hex based games vs the "province" games like in FOF. Great game also but it would be much better with some of the features of this game.

Just my two cents

Jaypea

It might screw up the tactical combat if you could re-supply during the fight.

Have you tried fighting when some of your units are in low supply? You don't get the full 20 shots!

Jaypea -> RE: Supply in tactical battles (2/22/2007 6:55:03 PM)

I was thinking that the resupply wagons would be another unit and would also "lose" how much they can supply during low supply (up to 10 shots if in 50% supply).   Maybe they could also be used to extend the range of units in the strategic map (they could get used up at some rate per unit supplied).

BTW - I just foiled Clintons attempt to invade NYC in OCt 1776 and then he just sat there outside the city for 4 months, not sure what the AI was waiting for but I hit him in March 1777 and destroyed most of the army (he had no supply for months).   Great game

Jaypea

James Ward -> RE: Supply in tactical battles (2/22/2007 11:47:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaypea

I was thinking that the resupply wagons would be another unit and would also "lose" how much they can supply during low supply (up to 10 shots if in 50% supply).   Maybe they could also be used to extend the range of units in the strategic map (they could get used up at some rate per unit supplied).

BTW - I just foiled Clintons attempt to invade NYC in OCt 1776 and then he just sat there outside the city for 4 months, not sure what the AI was waiting for but I hit him in March 1777 and destroyed most of the army (he had no supply for months).   Great game

Jaypea

I could see extending the supply range on the strategic map. It would make seiges more practical in America, as most of the forts are far from towns. By the time you march to one, you can't stay long enough to starve out the defnders.
I hope when the AI is improved that things like armies sitting for the whole winter out of supply are taken care of. I have seen similiar things and in most cases it just makes no sense. The army could easily move into supply but it doesn't.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI