RE: Europe map? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Europe map? (4/25/2013 7:12:49 PM)

3rd in a series of 4.

Here is the real test for the supply routines. The Axis excursion into Iraq, heading for Perisa, has a string of HQs stretching back to Italy for supply. Although Baghdad, as the capital of an aligned minor country is a secondary supply source for Italy and Germany, it is OOS because it can't reach the HQs using 4 basic path hexes (desert hexes cost 2 BPH).

I had the code working correctly here last week, but I made a ton of changes to the data structure for supply so that it could be recalculated quickly as units move about the map. This morning I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the code for finding Balbo's and Guderian's paths back to Graziani. Once Balbo is in supply, he serves as a tertiary supply source for Guderian, who, in turn, puts the eastern most units in supply.

[image]local://upfiles/16701/CDBBC77C37DE42F79EFB396A1BF80AEA.jpg[/image]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Europe map? (4/25/2013 7:17:40 PM)

4th and final in a series of 4.

I thought you might like to see what the rest of the Med looks like in this game. I had to debug code to get the various territorial units on this part of the map in supply. Even though their home countries have been conquered, they can be built by the conquering major power (which is what has happened here) and can get supply from all the cities in their home country. The territorial unit in Aswan (on the Nile in southern Egypt) is doing just that.

[image]local://upfiles/16701/828A7CBE26E740E6948BAB54CFF7D7AA.jpg[/image]

paulderynck -> RE: Europe map? (4/26/2013 5:21:55 AM)

deleted

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Europe map? (4/26/2013 5:39:20 PM)

The problem with Balbo (who is shown in post #451 NW of Baghdad) was that he was functioning as a secondary supply source for Iraqi units. That's because he can find a railway path to Baghdad - a primary supply source for Iraqi units.

My code was assuming that once an HQ had found one primary supply source it did not have to look any further. That wasn't true in this case since Balbo was still not providing supply to the Italian and German units - for whom Baghdad is not a primary supply source.

I have since made the correction and the program continues searching for supply sources for Balbo and finds that he can trace supply back to Italy by going through Graziani. That enables Guderian to trace supply through Balbo back to Italy (a primary supply source for Germany). And then all the Italian and German units near those two HQs are in supply.

Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI