RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports

Yogi the Great -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (5/17/2007 7:54:00 PM)

Yes, thanks much for the great and complete AAR!

Also thanks for your wrap up and suggestions of where you went wrong.  Some us need alll the help we can get.

Greyhunterlp -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (5/18/2007 12:17:06 PM)

Thanks, Its good to know people enjoyed it. - and its always great to watch others play a game, its a good way to learn. shame there are fewer AAR's, and even fewer who can get to the end.

Also a shame that my computer died on me last night. loosing all the prep work for the next AAR. I should be able to get a new system sometime next week. (thank god for savings) but it'll be a bit longer until I can rebuild the work I'd done.

The confederacy will rise though. that much is certain.

ChuckK -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (5/20/2007 4:27:50 AM)

Encore!  Encore!

[sm=00000436.gif]

netjam99 -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (5/30/2007 2:27:59 PM)

I enjoyed your AAR, you did a fine job on it.

Zakouski -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (5/30/2007 2:59:25 PM)

That was a great and interesting AAR ! Thanks a lot [&o]

It was fun to read, full of tips, rich in action and suspense [8D]

Greyhunterlp -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (5/31/2007 12:25:52 AM)

Thanks.

New computer has arrived, (finally) and I've got FoF and Photoshop back on, now to restart the prep work for the confederate side.

Greyhunterlp -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/1/2007 12:32:02 AM)

Just flicking through the AAR to get some ideas before I start the next one and I came across this.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Grey Hunter,
Great AAR you have going. I thought you (not to mention your devoted fans) would like to know that it looks like we're going to be having an AAR contest once the new patch goes gold. Nothing officially announced, but it seems that first prize will be a cavalry saber. Note that this is absolutely not a reason for you to stop with this one, of course. And I'll also say that as far as I'm concerned (and I'd be one of the judges), the concept of going back in time, incapacitating Lincoln, hiding him behind a fake wall and then taking over is your intellectual property, so if anyone tries to use that one they'll be starting off with a substantial penalty...

I this still going to happen? If so I'll hold off on the next AAR untill then, if it was just an idea, I may well throw myself into the next one this weekend.

Erik Rutins -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/1/2007 12:33:19 AM)

Yes, we're planning to announce the AAR contest next week.

Gil R. -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/1/2007 1:29:43 AM)

The formal announcement will provide all the details, but I'll add that the contest will not involve people writing up massive, multi-page AAR's with 60 megs' worth of screenshots. There will be a limit of just a few thousand words and a relatively small number of screenshots. (This will keep the judges both sharp and sane.) So, you (or anyone else) can certainly work on a major AAR in addition to preparing an entry for the contest -- in other words, don't let the contest hold you up from starting a new AAR, since the sort of AAR this thread features and the sort that will be submitted for the contest are quite different in scope.

Greyhunterlp -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/1/2007 7:41:05 AM)

Righty ho!

One over the top After Action report coming up tommorow morning!
Stay Tuned for something a bit special.

BigJ62 -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/1/2007 2:13:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

Righty ho!

One over the top After Action report coming up tommorow morning!
Stay Tuned for something a bit special.

Go get'em Lee. You know you can put your name in the game with a picture, check out the mod forum.

cerosenberg -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/1/2007 10:54:05 PM)

Wonderful,

You have a talent.  One wonders what you do in the real world.  Mind you, I am not asking.  I look forward to your posts.

BigJ62 -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/2/2007 2:41:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerosenberg

Wonderful,

You have a talent.  One wonders what you do in the real world.  Mind you, I am not asking.  I look forward to your posts.

If you're referring to me is there a problem?

Gil R. -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/5/2007 2:59:51 AM)

quote:

The formal announcement will provide all the details, but I'll add that the contest will not involve people writing up massive, multi-page AAR's with 60 megs' worth of screenshots. There will be a limit of just a few thousand words and a relatively small number of screenshots. (This will keep the judges both sharp and sane.) So, you (or anyone else) can certainly work on a major AAR in addition to preparing an entry for the contest -- in other words, don't let the contest hold you up from starting a new AAR, since the sort of AAR this thread features and the sort that will be submitted for the contest are quite different in scope.

Update: the announcement's being pushed back to next week, in case anyone was wondering.

BigJ62, your avatar always makes me think you're angry about something, until I realize that's your avatar and not a giant emoticon. Gets me every time.

BigJ62 -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/5/2007 6:14:59 AM)

quote:

quote:

Update: the announcement's being pushed back to next week, in case anyone was wondering.

BigJ62, your avatar always makes me think you're angry about something, until I realize that's your avatar and not a giant emoticon. Gets me every time.

The angry emoticons are rather popular on the CM forums at BF.C. I think the emoticons are kind of silly depending on context.

jkBluesman -> RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR) (6/6/2007 11:06:43 AM)

quote:

It was pushed so hard, that it was finally announced this week. When will we see the submitted entries and which of them, only the three winners or all of them?

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI