RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Gray_Lensman -> RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades (6/13/2007 1:47:00 AM)

Hey Gil

Keeping in mind what Rasmus stated above re:combat bonuses from Generals stacked with a brigade, that does give some more impetus to having more (one-stars) available to pair up with brigades.

With that thought, comes to mind the rule about attaching more than one general to a container, and the one (general) used is alphabetically determined. Maybe for the expansion, there should be a way to mark which general is actually in overall command of the container, and thereby allow extra generals to be attached to the higher (division) container for dispersal as brigade commanders on the HW map if someone wants to play that deep. This would kinda give the original poster what he wants, regarding brigade generals, without too much change in the current coding, I would think.

Gil R. -> RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades (6/13/2007 1:57:53 AM)

I think I see what you're saying -- you want the player to be able to designate which of 2+ 2-star generals commands a division, so that one can use other 2-stars with good ratings to command brigades? I guess I can see some value in that -- might as well add it to the Wish List.

Mr. Yuck -> RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades (6/14/2007 7:47:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman

Hmm, would another annoyance have the initials "Butler"?  Nah, he's too politically connected to treat that way, NOT! [:D]

Just stick Butler and that terrible 3 star in Ft Monroe. They'll be sitting in Andersonville by the time Sherman needs Butler's slot. [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI