Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

Chris Wilson -> Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (6/25/2007 7:46:30 PM)

Folks,

For my sins Matrix have invited me to join the Beta Brigade and like yourselves I've noticed one or two little eyebrow raisers that I've passed on. Jason ('Gor bless 'im) with his usual incisiveness has replied to the effect of "Well stop carping on about it - do something!".

So for starters I'm collating a list of anomalies in the various unit files and for my sins am working through the files unit by unit, nation by nation, game by game and you can help me.

Please reply to this thread if you notice a perceived problem with a unit. I say "perceived" as there could be a good design reason why the unit does not appear as you suspect it should.

This could be anything from say flamethrower icons appearing on the wrong unit, bicycles thrown in the ditch and abandoned ambushing passing tanks to missing entries on the unit text (the bit you read when you press F2).

The information I need is as follows

• GAME
  • NATIONALITY
  • UNIT NAME
  • SCENARIO IN WHICH THE PROBLEM WAS FIRST NOTED
  • NATURE OF THE PERCEIVED PROBLEM

So far I have ...

Engineering units blowing themselves up in minefields.
Horses and bicycles shooting people up.
Soviet SMG platoons with different fire values even though they are from the same period and same over-riding organisation.
Virtually indestructable Grant Tanks.

So come on folks don't be shy ...

jamespcrowley -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (6/25/2007 8:54:15 PM)

Right...lets try that again.

West Front

Commonwealth

Engineers

No time for training (WF Tutorial)

Yes, you guessed it .... the engineers enter a minefield and are promptly attacked rendering them disrupted and unable to clear the mines.

Digger70 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (6/26/2007 10:25:48 AM)

Chris,

I too am working with the Beta Brigade as soon as I get that NDA faxed.

I am happily debugging unit graphics at the moment. WF has a plethora of units with .bit and .bmp file errors, not to mention some of the missing range values.

Why Unit graphics, well because I like it, I'm good at iit and this is the bit that I can fix, edits to the unit files are alot safer than if people are attempting edits to the platoon.oob and obx files these are best done by Matrix off a single master.

It may be an idea to split alot of this work up and tackle this as a coordinated approach

That way there is a reduced duplication of effort.

Like I said I am primarily focusing on WF at the moment, I have created sample scenario files and I am adding every possible unit to the scenario in order to debug, how they look and how they behave in game play. It seems alot of the WF PB#2 and PB#3 units are the biggest culprits.

As Matrix stated these were taken as is and added to the game.

Matt ~Digger

jamespcrowley -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (6/26/2007 11:25:41 AM)

Chris and Matt

I am also a fledgling Beta tester awaiting authorisation from Matrix.

Unfortunately I have no technical skills as far as the PC is concerned, so fiddling with files and other such esoteric practices are out of my, limited, league.

However, I am happy to help where I can and so, depending on what Matrix want me to do and time constraints, if there is anything useful (but probably simple!) that you can think of, let me know.

Chris Wilson -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (6/26/2007 7:12:25 PM)

Yes I quite agree, I've chatted with Jason and he's working on getting us all together. For my part I'm not even going to start to attempt any fixes, I'm confining myself to rooting out all the bits and pieces that need or may need fixing.

XLVIIIPzKorp -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (6/30/2007 7:15:48 PM)

Alrighty then;

Something minor, just graphics

Game: West Front
Nationality: German
Unit: PzJg Lorraine(f) 75mm Tank Destroyers
Scenario: Through the Eye of the Needle

Problem: When compared to other vehicles in 3D view thse units appear to be "hovering" over their bases. Either that or the vehicle lower chasis is missing.

Digger70 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/2/2007 5:16:22 AM)

This has been noted and has been fixed for the upcoming patch, great to see there are others that notice the unit graphics

Matt

Elwro -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/11/2007 1:41:09 AM)

EDIT: sorry, disregard that, I'm blind and/or stupid, everything's OK

qbert55 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/21/2007 6:09:25 PM)

Hey Chris,

Here's one:

GAME: EF
NATIONALITY: Allies (Russians)
UNIT NAME: Leaders
SCENARIO IN WHICH THE PROBLEM WAS FIRST NOTED: Red Storm at Solan
NATURE OF THE PERCEIVED PROBLEM: Russian side has no leaders whatsoever

Thanks!

qbert55 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/21/2007 6:11:19 PM)

I should have noted that the Russian engineers also tend to get disrupted by mines fairly easily in the "Red Storm at Solan" scenario.

John in SoFla -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/24/2007 6:56:16 AM)

East Front
Russian (Allied) side
Engineers (Mine Clearing Units)
Scenario: Tightening The Noose (Although it happens EVERYWHERE)
Engineers go into Minefield...and promptly blow themselves up...NOT GOOD!

Ps,

Although this is the most recent incident...it has happened in every game (WF, EF, RS) within any scenario, and with all Engineer\Mine Clearing Units whenever I have moved them into any strength minefield (M1, M2, etc.)

Will this be fixed shortly? It makes the game virtually unplayable. This unit, as you know, is one of the most tactically important on the battlefield. I plan attacks and assaults around these units...without the mine clearing capabilities...it takes a vital component away from the game.

Thanks!

XLVIIIPzKorp -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/26/2007 2:52:33 AM)

Back again [:D]

Installed the 1.02 patch and the German Flak 28(e) 40mm anti-aircraft gun in WF" Towards Futa Pass" still has no soft or hard attack factors. The boys have a breathtaking view of the action but they sure wish they could partake.

Game: WF
Unit: Flak 28(e) 40mm anti-aircraft gun
Scenario: Towards Futa Pass
Problem: Can't fire hard or soft. No weapon data?

Thanks

Jason Petho -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/26/2007 3:34:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: XLVIII Pz. Korp

Back again [:D]

Installed the 1.02 patch and the German Flak 28(e) 40mm anti-aircraft gun in WF" Towards Futa Pass" still has no soft or hard attack factors. The boys have a breathtaking view of the action but they sure wish they could partake.

Game: WF
Unit: Flak 28(e) 40mm anti-aircraft gun
Scenario: Towards Futa Pass
Problem: Can't fire hard or soft. No weapon data?

Thanks

Strange, thought it was fixed.

Too much schnapps!

Jason Petho

SilverRain -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/26/2007 9:47:56 AM)

I installed the 1.02 patch. Now.........

West Front Scenarios 'In the Virgin's Name ' and 'Indicision at Brunete'
Playing either side against the AI
Fog of War

All of the AI's units appear as questions marks........ can't shoot at them, can't assault them, can't fire artillery at them. When they move, they can be seen for what they are but then they revert back to question marks......... and they never fire (although they will assault, during which time they can be seen for what they are...... which is nice cuz then you know what killed ya[:)]) but then they revert back to questions marks. Am I missing something?

SilverRain -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/26/2007 10:01:23 AM)

Another one.......

West Front Scenario 'And we shall stand'
Playing Axis against the AI
Fog of War

Before patch 1.02, when you tried to drive a truck up the main road on the left, hidden enemy units always fired at you......... after 1.02, nothing. When I move a tank right up next to the hidden guys, they appear (no question marks[:)]) but they refuse to fire. Assaulting the little rascals before the patch, they defended with a strength of something like 63..... after the patch, they defend with a strength of 0. Even the AI shouldn't be that easy!!![;)]

Erik2 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/26/2007 5:46:54 PM)

The WF 'Dotrmund' scenario is similar with the AI not using opportunity fire at all,even when units embarked on truck or MCs drive next to the enemy.
So it looks like something was broken with the 1.02 patch.

Jason Petho -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/26/2007 5:53:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Nygaard

The WF 'Dotrmund' scenario is similar with the AI not using opportunity fire at all,even when units embarked on truck or MCs drive next to the enemy.
So it looks like something was broken with the 1.02 patch.

Thanks for letting me know. Something must have been crossed.

Jason Petho

yeats -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/27/2007 5:06:56 PM)

I've applied Patch 1.02 and tried playing Race to Neva?  I believe is the name of the scenario - at work now and don't recall the exact name in East Front.  The Finns have bicycle troops and they still can't "ride the bikes".  They have to get off and walk - defeats the purpose somewhat.  What gives?

Jason Petho -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/27/2007 5:45:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yeats

I've applied Patch 1.02 and tried playing Race to Neva?  I believe is the name of the scenario - at work now and don't recall the exact name in East Front.  The Finns have bicycle troops and they still can't "ride the bikes".  They have to get off and walk - defeats the purpose somewhat.  What gives?

Probably an error in the movement code of the bicycle platoons.

I will look it over during the weekend.

Jason Petho

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/27/2007 8:24:24 PM)

GAME : East Front

NATIONALITY : Roosky

UNIT NAME : 82mm Mortars

SCENARIO IN WHICH THE PROBLEM WAS FIRST NOTED : 1st scenario in Black Hearts LCG

NATURE OF THE PERCEIVED PROBLEM : picture and outline don't match

[image]local://upfiles/16419/98C1F24985CF4491B7754415746F132A.jpg[/image]

I prefer the original graphic....it's the same size as all other nationalities mortar teams.

Jason Petho -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/27/2007 8:25:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

GAME : East Front

NATIONALITY : Roosky

UNIT NAME : 82mm Mortars

SCENARIO IN WHICH THE PROBLEM WAS FIRST NOTED : 1st scenario in Black Hearts LCG

NATURE OF THE PERCEIVED PROBLEM : picture and outline don't match

[image]local://upfiles/16419/98C1F24985CF4491B7754415746F132A.jpg[/image]

Duly noted, thank you. Will be a 1.03 fix

Jason Petho

sub jockey -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/28/2007 6:10:39 PM)

Chris,

In WF DCG Campaign, when you get to the medal awards, its coming up with part of the writting, but at the end its -1, space, space, 9 at the end. Also, ask Jason what this new stuff in the patch is to do? Like the trains, or is that just for looks![:D]

Sub Jockey

XLVIIIPzKorp -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/28/2007 11:41:59 PM)

West Front
Dutch
Unit Name: see below
Battle of the Outposts

Problems with the F2 info screen.

The following Dutch units have no info or pic.:
Grenadier platoons
All officers
All HQ's

The following Dutch units have a pic but no info:
MG Platoon
Wagon
57mm Inf. Gun
47mm AT Gun
81mm Mortar

qbert55 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/29/2007 4:59:58 AM)

Patch 1.02

Scenario: Battle of the Outpost
Allies (Dutch): All spotted Axis Units appear as ? and artillery is unable to fire.

Jason Petho -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (7/29/2007 9:53:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: qbert55

Patch 1.02

Scenario: Battle of the Outpost
Allies (Dutch): All spotted Axis Units appear as ? and artillery is unable to fire.

Go here, follow the instructions:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1525143

Jason Petho

Erik2 -> Laying smoke reveals hidden minefield (7/29/2007 11:02:51 PM)

This is in the 2nd scenario 'Advance on Tebourba' of the LCG '10th Pz in Tunis' (I think its called).
Just revealed hex 30,25 the instant I called for smoke in the hex.

Erik

Edit: patch 1.02

Jason Petho -> RE: Laying smoke reveals hidden minefield (7/30/2007 3:34:24 AM)

quote:

This is in the 2nd scenario 'Advance on Tebourba' of the LCG '10th Pz in Tunis' (I think its called).

Erik

Did you add the 1.02a temporary update as well? Not that it should matter, but maybe!

Jason Petho

Erik2 -> RE: Laying smoke reveals hidden minefield (7/30/2007 5:38:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

Erik

Did you add the 1.02a temporary update as well? Not that it should matter, but maybe!

Jason Petho

Yes,I did.

qbert55 -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (8/1/2007 3:49:16 AM)

Thanks. Here's another:

Panzers on the Pcic.

Allies (Russians) played by AI.

Mounted calvary units take opportunity fire on German PVs and get caught in an endless loop (repeat firing, game effectively locks up).[X(]

Jason Petho -> RE: Disrupted engineers, bicycles that shoot back and all that ... (8/1/2007 3:57:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: qbert55

Thanks. Here's another:

Panzers on the Pcic.

Allies (Russians) played by AI.

Mounted calvary units take opportunity fire on German PVs and get caught in an endless loop (repeat firing, game effectively locks up).[X(]

This is noted, I will be trying to fix this this evening, or tomorrow night.

Jason Petho

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI