Second Beta Update Available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

Erik Rutins -> Second Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 6:34:15 PM)

UPDATED: We have now posted the second public beta, which incorporates quite a few more fixes based on your reports and those of the testers. This should be the final released update, but we'll give it a couple of days to percolate just to make sure.

Please Note: Although this is likely the official update, this is still a beta version and as such is not officially supported. We are however very interested for those of you with issues, particularly sound issues, to download and install this update and post your comments here and in the support forum as far as whether this update helps resolve them or not.

Here is the link:

v1.10 Beta Update:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/GunsOfAugust/GunsOfAugust-UpdateSetup-v110DR.zip

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 6:51:21 PM)

Here's the readme for the beta update, including the full change list.

flintlock -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 7:01:27 PM)

The above link to the changelog seems to go in circles.

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 7:29:07 PM)

It works fine for me - it's a PDF file, do you have a PDF reader installed?

Munro -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 7:29:30 PM)

In the FAQ, I don't understand what you're saying about HQ continuing an offensive with Corps that have moved 2 hexes from it.

flintlock -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 7:45:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It works fine for me - it's a PDF file, do you have a PDF reader installed?

I do, yes.

I can see it's called "readme.pdf," though for some odd reason the link doesn't work for me. I thought perhaps it was just Firefox doing something odd. It appears to download, but nothing actually gets downloaded. Odd, I'll have to check my browser settings.

flintlock -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 7:47:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Munro

In the FAQ, I don't understand what you're saying about HQ continuing an offensive with Corps that have moved 2 hexes from it.

I've removed that particular Q&A.

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 8:00:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: flintlock
I can see it's called "readme.pdf," though for some odd reason the link doesn't work for me. I thought perhaps it was just Firefox doing something odd. It appears to download, but nothing actually gets downloaded. Odd, I'll have to check my browser settings.

Hm, have you tried right-clicking on the link and choosing "Save Target As" to see if that helps?

Moltke71 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 8:29:48 PM)

Many thanks, Erik!!![&o]

Snowbart1943 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 10:52:07 PM)

Can you install this and it not mess up your current game?

Moltke71 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 10:59:47 PM)

Yes, the new corps refit worked on a saved game.

Snowbart1943 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 11:02:50 PM)

Thanks Bizmark, ill install it now!  [8D]

FrankHunter -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 11:03:53 PM)

Some of the fixes are in data so you will need to replace your scenarios.  But games-in-progress should run fine with the new exe.

Snowbart1943 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 11:25:41 PM)

The new resolution is awesome!  Looks great on my screen!  Thank you Frank!  [:D]

seaforth7 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 11:32:37 PM)

Ran a quick play test of the patch and I think I ran into a problem with cavalry. Cavalry moves seem to have become overly restrictive. I can't get a cavalry unit to move in mountains, even in your home territory, I also can't get cavalry to move into a friendly occupied hex in enemy territory? Doesn't seem right, any one else run into this?

Snowbart1943 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 11:35:46 PM)

I think I read something about cav and mountains in the readme file released with the patch....check it out. 

flintlock -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/19/2007 11:49:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hm, have you tried right-clicking on the link and choosing "Save Target As" to see if that helps?

I tried that initially, but noticed it was saving an HTML file. Then I realized what the issue was. I need to stay away from the KB on low caffeine levels. :)

SMK-at-work -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 12:13:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7

Ran a quick play test of the patch and I think I ran into a problem with cavalry. Cavalry moves seem to have become overly restrictive. I can't get a cavalry unit to move in mountains, even in your home territory, I also can't get cavalry to move into a friendly occupied hex in enemy territory? Doesn't seem right, any one else run into this?

Yep - it's enforcing the rules properly now!! :)

Cav can always strat move to/from mountain hexes (to them provided they're friendly of course)

uncc -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 12:20:14 AM)

Thanks! 

p.s.  Hope you got your basement dried out!

seaforth7 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 1:08:04 AM)

I thought that was in relation to an enemy mountain when cavalry were moving after being stacked with an infantry corps, didn't realize they just couldn't move in any mountains. So of you set up cavalry in a mountain in the mobilization phase you can't move them out of the mountain unless you move a strategic move?

However, I am still seeing cavalry not even able to move into non-mountain hexes, I had Activated German cavalry not able to move onto a friendly corps in Russian territory? 1 hex across the boarder?

thanks [:)]

seaforth7 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 1:35:42 AM)

quote:

s: seaforth7
Users viewing this topic: seaforth7, buffewo, bssybeep, 06 Maestro, Matto

I was able to recreate it, see attached file, not sure how to paste in the image, sorry.

If it works you can see the cavalry isn't given an arrow to move to the attack with the infantry? Stacking is 7 of 14 so it's not caused by that,

thanks

SMK-at-work -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 1:39:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7
However, I am still seeing cavalry not even able to move into non-mountain hexes, I had Activated German cavalry not able to move onto a friendly corps in Russian territory? 1 hex across the boarder?

Yes I've noticed that and mentioned it too - seems to be a glitch with activated cavalry - I can't think of a reason why they should not be able to do a "normal" move just because they're activated.

You can change the way the picture is displayed in your message by editing the message, and then clicking on the box "No change in picture embedding" underneath it, then select "Embed picture in post"

Munro -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 1:54:20 AM)

With the patch and no sound, at the Sep-Oct 1915 Strat move, Gemany is conguered but the only choice is to End Game. There is no Continue button, to keep after Austria. Also, the busy sign is the upper right hand corner stays busy, hehe.
Clarification: I using the Normal patch with the sound off.

IronDuke_slith -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 2:04:54 AM)

I started playing as entente and attempted to amphib the BEF. I got the new screen with posible destinations and first time it wouldn't let me because it said Turkey or Belgium/Holland need to be in the war. Okay, that's a rule, but when turkey entered it gave me the screen, allowed me to select Dunkirk, shifted the troops and then they promptly re-appeared back at Southampton after turn resolution.

Am I missing something (I've only just started playing entente so may have missed doing something with the amphib option).

I've also found Russian Cavalry a little reluctant to move.

Regards,
IronDuke

FrankHunter -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 2:06:43 AM)

When Germany surrenders the game ends in a decisive victory, you don't get the choice to continue.  On the Entente side the same happens when France and Russia both surrender.

Munro -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 2:12:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

When Germany surrenders the game ends in a decisive victory, you don't get the choice to continue.  On the Entente side the same happens when France and Russia both surrender.

Thanks, it gave me a Major Victory tho. Also the Busy Sign forces me to Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit the game.

Snowbart1943 -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 8:44:44 AM)

Im having issues with the little movement option arrows when you LC on a unit.  The arrows are not showing all movement options, although you can move where you want to go it seams.  Also, if you select and deselect a unit it is showing different movement options (arrows) each time you try.  The arrows cant be trusted! 

Cyrano~ -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 9:38:05 AM)

The way you can now refit individual units on the map is fantastic.

Thanks

FrankHunter -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 10:31:30 AM)

seaforth,
quote:

If it works you can see the cavalry isn't given an arrow to move to the attack with the infantry? Stacking is 7 of 14 so it's not caused by that,

From the image it looks like the cavalry was alone and that the hex with other German units are units that just moved this impulse?  If that's right my guess would be the cavalry couldn't enter a hex belonging to the enemy because of the rule that says cav must start stacked with inf in order to enter an enemy hex.

The other rule is that cav can't enter cities which is what its in that hex.

Hope that helps

Munro -> RE: New Beta Update Available (8/20/2007 7:54:57 PM)

Just for clarity, the only hexes Cav can enter are Open and Forests, but not Cities, Rough and Mountains, and how about Marsh hexes ?

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI