RE: New Betatesters announced (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

jchastain -> RE: New Betatesters announced (9/3/2007 5:00:35 PM)

Graf -
You have to do what you believe is right, but if you take a bit more time to think about it you might find you have gotten more out of your participation than you might realize. I suspect that like most of us, you are here because WWII and history are of interest to you. And I bet than in doing those write-ups, you learned some things about a topic you enjoy. You can look at my post count and know that I have spent a good deal of time on these forums. I do so because I love discussing both history and good game design. On some projects, I have been a tester. On others not. Sometimes I tire of one time period or project and become interested in another. But regardless of my role, I discuss topics of interest to me and I enjoy it.

I do understand your disappointment. But don't allow it to sour you. If this is a topic you enjoy, then participate in the discussions. The fact that it makes it a better game is just a side benefit. Sure, the devs get something out of us being here. But I think we get something out of it also. Do what you think is right and what works for you. But I suspect that once you think about it, while being a tester would be nice, it isn't the sole benefit and perhaps it might not even be the primary one. At least that is what I have discovered about myself.

Peter Stauffenberg -> RE: New Betatesters announced (9/3/2007 6:58:58 PM)

I just want to say thank you for being selected as a beta tester. [:)] I will try to do my best and hope you won't regret your choice.

I've written several messages in this thread hinting that the number of applicants for beta tester positions is almost the same as the new testers they would need before the end of the world. This means most of us would eventually have a chance to join at the end of the year at the latest. I was fully prepared for the fact I would NOT have been selected now and have to wait for another chance later. This time only 3 guys were selected, but in one month 10 more will be selected. And 10 more in December as well.  It's natural to feel disappointed if you weren't selected now, but 5 out of 6 got such a message this time. The point is that there are new chances soon to join the beta tester team. So being patient may pay off eventually. [;)]

Every time you have more applicants than you have seats some people will get disappointed, i. e. when singing for American Idol, trying for a role in a theatre play, trying to get a place in the local soccer team. If you were not lucky then one can try again next time they want people. It's not easy for the MWIF tester team to select just a few people from a list. They know they would have to disappoint a lot of well qualified candidates. I'm sure almost everyone on the list would have done a great job if they were selected.

In one month's time 10 more people will get the nice PM that they were selected for the beta tester team, including 3 WIF newbies. Soon October will come. So keep up the great contribution to the forums everyone and keep your fingers crossed you will be picked next time. [:)] 

jesperpehrson -> RE: New Betatesters announced (9/3/2007 7:06:59 PM)

Congratulations to all who has been chosen. Sorry to those not selected this time.

To further your own cause for the next round of beta-testers: please send a PM if you are interested in volonteering for doing landunit write-ups. There are several countries in need of attention!

Mziln -> RE: New Betatesters announced (9/3/2007 7:18:55 PM)

What is most important is what the Beta needs at this time.

Starting in October it needs a "super tester" with no WiF experience. Our Newbies are getting too familiar with the game.

All contributors to the write-ups and forums are considered first. This has always been true when selecting applicants for the Beta Team.

10 Applicants For October (or later if the Beta requires it)

4 have been chosen.
3 will be novice (Newbie) WiF players.
3 will be experienced WiF players.

Graph;

You will have to trust me on this. Your contributions are being recognized. Have you contacted Terje?

fiveof6 -> RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters (9/3/2007 8:29:23 PM)

1. Any previous experience in testing software.

I'm involved in system analysis of a new weather/aviation information network/software. My job is/was to try all sorts of unlikely scenarios (asking the system to do things it would never need to do in real life) to assure system stability. The system serves 1,000 users and is still working.

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)

b. Recruit - WiF played a lot a long time ago

3. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
a. CPU speed - 1.73
b. RAM - 504MB
c. Operating system xp pro
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor 1024 x 768
e. Video Ram 128

If you are not sure how to find the specifications of your computer then please ask.

4. COMPLETELY OPTIONAL - NO BONUS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR (OR AGAINST) ENTRANTS WHO PROVIDE THE NEATEST CORRECT ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING TOPIC:
(In fifty words or less) Pick a country and describe an opening strategy you've always wanted to try in the 1939 campaign game eg.

France attacks Italy in 1939. If successful, an easily defended Italian/Yugo border is established to threaten Germany and possibly help Poland last longer. In the dream scenario, the Med becomes a French pond and seriously causes Germany to rethink plans.

Thanks for considering us.

Kevin
hoytk@hotmail (dot) com

Greyshaft -> RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters (9/4/2007 12:47:36 AM)

Thanks for applying 5of6 but the current September selection process is over.
You will need to reappply when the lists reopen in October 

Toed -> RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters (9/4/2007 12:48:33 AM)

Thanks for the pre-selection. I should write something profound here but I will not do that. I'm just happy right now. [:D]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters (9/4/2007 2:11:12 AM)

This thread is now closed.

We will open a new thread in October when recruiting additional beta testers.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI