RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

Brigz -> RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS (12/8/2007 8:44:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Looks like Friday week (Dec 7th) is gonna be busy.............indications are that HPS is gonna release another ACW or Nappy title that day & Matrix is doing something with WITP!!!!

Unfortunately (for me) HPS has released another of their Modern Campaigns - Danube Front '85. Guess I'll just have to wait for another ACW title.

Even though I consider the HPS Civil War series much more comprehensive than the TS titles offered by Matrix, I still give Matrix a big endorsement for releasing these older versions. They are still great games and an excellent bargain. HPS has yet to release Bull Run or Antietam (if ever) so the Matrix bundle is the only way to get those battles. I still have my old Talonsoft versions of these games and even though the HPS titles I own give me much more detail, I'll never part with my original Talonsoft games. If I didn't have them, I'd buy the Matrix bundles in a heart beat.

sparty_slith -> RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS (12/8/2007 9:16:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs

I still give Matrix a big endorsement for releasing these older versions. They are still great games and an excellent bargain. HPS has yet to release Bull Run or Antietam (if ever) so the Matrix bundle is the only way to get those battles.

That's exactly why I picked em up. The Matrix games actually inspired me to pick up the HPS games. I remember lusting after these games when they were originally released, but at the time I was in High School and all my extra cash went towards hanging out with my friends. I'm really happy these have been re-packaged and released. [&o]

Wilhammer -> RE: John Tiller's ACW and Nappy games at HPS (12/13/2007 6:14:49 PM)

quote:

Another problem/desirable improvement for the HPS games is hex size. With modern screen resolutions (1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200,...) hexes and units are too small for me. I much prefer the three 3D zooms of BG. This is also why I can't play HPS 2D: the hexes are just too small, it's like watching a boardgame from a 3 meter height.

This is my biggest complaint - I want to zoom in in 2-D view, and 3-D view is of almost no interest.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI