Combat Mission series (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Major SNAFU_M -> Combat Mission series (10/5/2007 9:46:21 PM)

Hi all,

Out of curiosity I have done some searching looking to see if anyone has ever written a comparison between SP:WaW and the Combat Mission series from Battlefront.

I wasn't able to find anything. A few references, but no comparissons. I was curious because I own all of the CM series and am just starting to mess about with SPWaW.

Has anyone else played both? What, besides the obvious graphical differences and the WEGO, do you find most different?

m10bob -> RE: Combat Mission series (10/7/2007 6:49:33 PM)

I too have both, and each has its' own merits.
CM puts you in a first perspective on the battlefield of whatever unit you choose to "jump to", and once you start a unit moving, you need to constantly go to another unit to give orders as all movement is simultaneous, real-time.
I prefer the turn-based top-down play of SPWAW which allows more freedom to plan strategic and tactical actions on a changing battlefield where you have some control over the events in relation to time.
I love both games but keep SPWAW on my hard-drive, the other in the CD case, in spite of the VAST(!) availibility of GREAT(!) graphic mods available for literally every unit,structure, tree, of CM.

Major SNAFU_M -> RE: Combat Mission series (10/7/2007 8:26:13 PM)

I think, having played through the tutorials and having even being a mod maker for the CM series, that I see exactly where your are coming from.

SlowHand -> RE: Combat Mission series (10/7/2007 11:35:55 PM)

I too liked both very much. The ability to generate random maps and choose forces was a big plus for both.

I was very keen on the H2H internet play of CM for a while, and even PBEM, but ultimately I stuck with SPWaW longer because you could play "bigger battles" much more easily, and because the PBEM structure suited it better.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI