RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

AmiralLaurent -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/28/2007 4:20:20 PM)

Hi, GH,

Good luck with this game. Reading the HR, it seems to me most are limitating Allied strategic options and are so rather unbalanced.

By the way your opponent did two things I personally find very gamey:
_ the raid on Manila on turn 1... I doubt many submarines were sitting in port like that and anyway submarines were hard targets to hit... especially with torpedoes at port.
_ using the "magic" first Japanese move to land deep into DEI. If Japanese TF were sailing past Singapore, the Force Z won't be caught there by surprise IMOO.

What you can ask is that a Japanese unit crosses the Soviet border to "activate" Soviet so you can move units around and prepare correctmly the defense. Of course you will have to change air units orders to have then not move.

For your Corsair rule, my personnal HR is that the second Corsair type (F4U-1D) can be used aboard CV, while the first (F4U-1) can't.

I think you have an opportunity with Wake holding and the KB away... but don't take risk. My best advice here will be to have your PH BB sent to the West Coast until they received far more AA. In 1943 with enough CV and LBA to cover them they will be more useful than they are today.

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/28/2007 4:36:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Hi, GH,

Good luck with this game. Reading the HR, it seems to me most are limitating Allied strategic options and are so rather unbalanced.

By the way your opponent did two things I personally find very gamey:
_ the raid on Manila on turn 1... I doubt many submarines were sitting in port like that and anyway submarines were hard targets to hit... especially with torpedoes at port.
_ using the "magic" first Japanese move to land deep into DEI. If Japanese TF were sailing past Singapore, the Force Z won't be caught there by surprise IMOO.

What you can ask is that a Japanese unit crosses the Soviet border to "activate" Soviet so you can move units around and prepare correctmly the defense. Of course you will have to change air units orders to have then not move.

For your Corsair rule, my personnal HR is that the second Corsair type (F4U-1D) can be used aboard CV, while the first (F4U-1) can't.

I think you have an opportunity with Wake holding and the KB away... but don't take risk. My best advice here will be to have your PH BB sent to the West Coast until they received far more AA. In 1943 with enough CV and LBA to cover them they will be more useful than they are today.

Bien trouvè Laurent!
I know these HRs are quite a problem for the allies, but....i really think the allies can stand even such great losses in the DEI-SRA. I managed to save almost all my surface war fleet (except for 1 BB,2 CLs and 4 DDs), so my war assets are almost intact. The quick loss of DEI and SRA gives to Japan the chance of going on the offensive and that's exactly what gives this game the trill i needed to come back to witp[:D]

For what concerns Wake, yes, i will be carefull using my BBs, for sure. I know those battlewagons are slow and not much helpfull without their upgrades, but i think Wake can be a very interesting staring point for an allied counterstrategy. Can be fullfilled with subs, planes and units...this will force him to commit a bit more in the pacific...if he doesn't, well with the KB far away and with my CVs intact i can even think of a landing operation in the Mariannas or at IWO in mid-late 42...would be really interesting!!!!

However, now the first goal is to defend India and Oz and i'm already moving on those fronts...

merci pour ton support Laurent, will be badly needed with the upcoming months[&o]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/28/2007 8:10:30 PM)

Oh Oh....we have a problem.
Noticed few movements on the Russian Border...enemy units are massing at Mutakiang!!!!! Already 15 are there, plus more 6 that are moving from south....what this will mean?
Seems that in every game of mine i have to deal with Russia...[:D]
Hope Trollelite will give me the 30 days i asked after the activation in order to replace my units...otherwise....[:o]

[image]local://upfiles/4162/D541A0CD98E04FEAB9187AAF609987A1.jpg[/image]

Gen.Hoepner -> Naga is back in allied's hands!! (10/29/2007 1:20:00 AM)

Finally some good news!
Today one of our ducth sub scored the first hit of this bloody war...finally!!
The good news is that, while KB keeps suppressing the ships fleeing from Java (very few are left btw) and while the japs launch a serie of air attacks against Sosarbaja and Malaya, our brave phlippine divisions managaed to get Naga back in our hands! The japs only landed a SNLF unit and we managed to take the base back and now the jap unit is trapped...Trollelite now needs to evacuate it or to send some more units to Luzon if he doesn't want to see this precious unit destroyed!
At the same time the operation to reinforce Wake is going on...5 days and a CD marine unit and some supplies will arrive.
Rabaul in the sopac is still holding...
Trollelite told me that i'm moving in a very different way from his old enemy (who, however, quitted by 25th Dec) so he needs to pay more attention to the next moves...good!

What else? ah, the jap advance in Malaya goes very slowly, it seems that only minor units are taking part of it...the better! Java is gonna fall however, let's see if i can make him lose some more time...[:)]

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/12/41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 32,64

Japanese Ships
AP Satsuma Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
SS KXVI

My unexperienced buffalos didn't score a single hit[:@]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Johore Bahru , at 22,50

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 63
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 25
Ki-21-II Sally x 130
Ki-48-I Lily x 50
Ki-15 Babs x 1

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 13 damaged
Ki-21-II Sally: 1 destroyed, 21 damaged
Ki-48-I Lily: 2 destroyed, 16 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 1 destroyed, 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
193 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 12
Airbase supply hits 9
Runway hits 49

Day Air attack on Soerabaja , at 23,66

Japanese aircraft
D3A2 Val x 61
B5N2 Kate x 100
F1M2 Pete x 2

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A2 Val: 2 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed, 7 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 1 destroyed
Martin 139: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
279 casualties reported
Guns lost 5

Airbase hits 21
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 103

Ground combat at Naga

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 16446 troops, 101 guns, 106 vehicles, Assault Value = 484

Defending force 246 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 13

Allied max assault: 478 - adjusted assault: 675

Japanese max defense: 12 - adjusted defense: 7

Allied assault odds: 96 to 1 (fort level 0) [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Allied forces CAPTURE Naga base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
190 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
59 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Wake Island[8D]

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1160 troops, 47 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 8

Defending force 244 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 9

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported

[image]local://upfiles/4162/405BE04E0A4343D7A494000870116B42.jpg[/image]

Fishbed -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 1:21:20 AM)

quote:

Hi all, this will be the AAR of my brand new Pbem game against Trollelite.
We're gonna play CHS scenario 160, meaning the one with Extended AB's map and Experimental Nik's Mod.

CHRIST MAN YOU'RE BACK!

Looking for good old Hoepner's stuff, I'll be watching that [8D]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 1:23:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

quote:

Hi all, this will be the AAR of my brand new Pbem game against Trollelite.
We're gonna play CHS scenario 160, meaning the one with Extended AB's map and Experimental Nik's Mod.

CHRIST MAN YOU'RE BACK!

Looking for good old Hoepner's stuff, I'll be watching that [8D]

hope not to disappoint your expectations[;)]

Fishbed -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 1:33:53 AM)

Ok just read the HR - some of them are way strange man. I wish you good luck, I know as an experienced jap player you won't be unfair to him [8D] but still he's being a little unfair to YOU [:o]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 1:45:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

Ok just read the HR - some of them are way strange man. I wish you good luck, I know as an experienced jap player you won't be unfair to him [8D] but still he's being a little unfair to YOU [:o]

The allies, if they don't make big mistake, won't be stopped in the long run with some limitations. I truly believe that.
And however, i do not find those HRs unfair. Let's say they supposed the brits and the ducths got a bit lazy and didn't notice those hundreds of warships in their backyards[;)]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 11:55:21 AM)

Ok, Naga was taken back and the small SNLF unit(or probably a fragment of it) has been wiped out. Now the south of Luzon is free again from enemy forces. The liberation of Naga means some more supplies for my poor troops at Luzon. McHartur is trying to feed as much men as he can while he keeps training them for the storm to come over...
nothing much more to report.
KB is still around Java,but what remained of my fleeing ships is safe now. He's unloading a lot of troops in the north of Java while i'm falling back to Sosarbaja and Medioen in order to estabilish the last defensive perimeter.
I'm a bit concerned about China...seems that he's troops are not massing in the front line...they are slowly falling back...what the h*** has he in mind???!??!?!however here i'm still re-deploying my units in order to be able to performa re-active defence, so there isn't much i can do for the moment.
The ducth subs scored the second hit of the war, badly damaging an AK near Batavia.
Another hit was supposed to be scored by a Martin, patrolling the skies near Palembang...nothing special indeed.
Heavy jap bomding activities at Manila and Johre Baru.
New jap landings at Hollandia, Tulagi and Funafete(near Fiji).
The "Wake Operation" goes on, while planes,men, supplies and fuel are leaving SF in order to re-supply Oz.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/13/41
------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 20,59

Japanese Ships
AK Yoshu Maru, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage[:D]

Allied Ships
SS KXV

Day Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 95
G4M1 Betty x 90
Ki-21-II Sally x 69
Ki-46-II Dinah x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 destroyed, 5 damaged
Ki-21-II Sally: 4 damaged
Ki-46-II Dinah: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AO Pecos, Bomb hits 3,  on fire,  heavy damage
AK Fortuna, Bomb hits 4,  on fire,  heavy damage
PG Asheville, Bomb hits 5,  on fire,  heavy damage
AK Sagoland, Bomb hits 1,  heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
1021 casualties reported
Guns lost 22
Vehicles lost 1

Port hits 7
Port fuel hits 6
Port supply hits 2

Day Air attack on Johore Bahru , at 22,50

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 62
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 55
Ki-21-II Sally x 137
Ki-48-I Lily x 50
Ki-15 Babs x 1

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 4 damaged
Ki-21-II Sally: 14 damaged
Ki-48-I Lily: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 3 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
51 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 15
Airbase supply hits 9
Runway hits 115

So what to say more? With Java damned, now i really have to think about Oz...Darwin is very close to Java...and i know that if he commits a lot of units there i won't be able to stop him....at least not on the shore!But Oz is a big island and it will take him quite a lot of time to march from Darwin to Alice Spring! While if he goes for Perth...well, there can be more easily stopped imho...he will need KB to cover a possible Perth operation, while for Darwin he will just need to get timor, freeing so the KB for other pourposes...well...we just have to wait and see...in the meanwhile everything i could do to defend Oz has been made...now it's just a matter of time[:o]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 12:58:24 PM)

For what concerns India, i'm quite happy at this stage.He didn't advance in Burma (not even towards Mouleim), and without Burma and its AFs it's gonna be tough for him to invade India... some units have been saved from SRA(mostly base forces) and considering that the RAF is quite intact along with the RN it's not going to be an easy walk the conquest of India. But, you know...it's still too early to tell anything.
What it's clear is that till the KB will stay there, my convoys in the pacific will be safe and that means that i can reinforce Oz quite easily.
With my 4 CVs fully operative and intact and with the threat (which is more virtual than real) of the american BBs, he should have quite some headhaces in the pacific in the next months...

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 2:15:31 PM)

And here's the chinese situation. Till now everything has been slow and sleepy.
His air force hasn't committed in the theatre yet,while his land forces are avoiding any contact with mine.
Here's the general plan for the chinese theatre. The first goal will be to block Canton's production, while at Ichang i'm planning a massive kesseslacht (sp?) movement, creating a big pocket, also considering the great supply problem that Ichang rappresents for the japanese army.
I need to keep him busy here..cannot let him move his troops to Manchukoku...

[image]local://upfiles/4162/70293C2DE26E41B69A1FE0B64CC7C647.jpg[/image]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/29/2007 9:12:11 PM)

Having some spare time, i'll try to get deeper in the analysis of the situation at 13th Dece. 1941

Took a look at the chinese theatre and saw that my units aren't so badly supplied. The air-bridge from India has started and the Burma road is open, so the supplies are flowing smoothly enough.
My vision of the chinese theatre is that the allies cannot leave the japs sitting there, cause every little man we kill, every plane we shot down, every supply spent is an asset that cannot be used elsewhere. I'm quite confident in my comprehension of the witp ground system, so china for me will be an important theatre.
He seems not to care much about it. He has wasted almost a week, letting my units move and now we're not far from the first advances.
The idea, as you can see from the picture above, is to force disturb his supply-communication lines with my guerrilla forces and at the same time looking for a "stop-n'-block" strategy of attrition with my major units. Chinese can efford attrition. Japanese cannot.
And if i force him to face me in china, i can be quite sure he's not gonna open another front(Russia) without having his shoulders covered.
The air force for the moment will stay out of this theatre. I'm planning to use some fighters there in a hit and run strategy, but allied bombers will be confined in India which is a far more important theatre.
The only critical place is, as always, the north of China, where Yenen-Sian isn't a good line of defence.However i can efford to lose those cities if i'm able to hold the southern ones and play an aggressive role in the center (Ichang especially).

Any thoughts?Suggestion?

ctangus -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/30/2007 1:40:56 AM)

I'm not sure how this will go, but this certainly looks like it will be a fun AAR! [:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gen.Hoepner

Any thoughts?Suggestion?

A few thoughts/observations/suggestions re China:

- Instead of evacuating from the Nanchang-Shanghai area you might consider taking Nanchang. It is vulnerable in this scenario if the Japanese don't reinforce. I've taken it in 3 out of 5 attempts. Worst case is that you don't take it, but a lot of Japanese troops are forced to defend it. And then those troops aren't in Manchukuo, the Pacific, etc.

- It's touch & go but Yenan can be defended. Reinforce a little bit & build forts. An extremely strong Jap offensive here is vulnerable to a counter-attack on the Sian-Yangku axis - at least if you can hold off the first few attacks.

- In this scenario supplies are ample in Central China so long as the Burma Road is open. They're tight in the north, however. If you haven't already I'd turn off all replacements in North China & start flying supplies into Sian. Preferably from Ledo but until the Burma Road's closed you can afford to fly them from Chungking or Chengtu as well.

Good luck!

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/30/2007 3:56:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ctangus

I'm not sure how this will go, but this certainly looks like it will be a fun AAR! [:)]

quote:

Any thoughts?Suggestion?

A few thoughts/observations/suggestions re China:

- Instead of evacuating from the Nanchang-Shanghai area you might consider taking Nanchang. It is vulnerable in this scenario if the Japanese don't reinforce. I've taken it in 3 out of 5 attempts. Worst case is that you don't take it, but a lot of Japanese troops are forced to defend it. And then those troops aren't in Manchukuo, the Pacific, etc.

- It's touch & go but Yenan can be defended. Reinforce a little bit & build forts. An extremely strong Jap offensive here is vulnerable to a counter-attack on the Sian-Yangku axis - at least if you can hold off the first few attacks.

- In this scenario supplies are ample in Central China so long as the Burma Road is open. They're tight in the north, however. If you haven't already I'd turn off all replacements in North China & start flying supplies into Sian. Preferably from Ledo but until the Burma Road's closed you can afford to fly them from Chungking or Chengtu as well.

Good luck!

Thxs for the suggestions Ctangus! Will try to see what can be done at Nanchang as soon as the turn comes up...

However, we got the reply and....we started to blow the first hits to the INJnavy!!!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/14/41

Japanese BBs tried to Bombard Singapore. One of them and a DD hit a mine[:D]....then the naval guns at Singa shot back and after a fierce battle, we manage to push back those dreaded ships with some damage! Not a single hit to the Singapore facilities was scored[8D]

Then it came the daylight and with it my subs tried to engage his transports that are unloading troops at Kragen...with no luck. A Ducth SS has been badly damaged by a Val comin' from the KB (which is still around!)
However, during the day what remains of the ducth bombers took of from Medioen...and scored some good hits!!!! 2 CLs were hit (one with severe damage), while some scraps were taken off from a CA...nothing great but it's a start![;)]

TF 9 encounters mine field at Singapore (22,51)

Japanese Ships
DD Mikazuki, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage[:D]
BB Nagato, Mine hits 1[:D]

Naval bombardment of Singapore, at 22,51 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

43 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro, Shell hits 2
BB Fuso, Shell hits 6
BB Hyuga, Shell hits 4
BB Ise
BB Mutsu

Allied ground losses:
682 casualties reported
Guns lost 16

So the nagato is not here...assuming the damage of the mine was enough to bring her out of action[:D]

YES! Go Back to your masters, DOGS![:D]
Naval bombardment of Rabaul, at 62,90

Japanese Ships
CL Tatsuta
CL Yubari
DD Yayoi
DD Oite
DD Hayate

Allied ground losses:
39 casualties reported

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 3
Port hits 1
Port supply hits 1

Rabaul is almost to fall....

Day Air attack on TF at 22,63

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 11

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Katori, Bomb hits 2, on fire[:D][:D][:D][8D]
AP Teiryu Maru

Day Air attack on TF, near Kragen at 22,64

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Nachi, Bomb hits 1[:D]

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Kashima, Bomb hits 1[:D]

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 2

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AK Tatsutake Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire[:)]

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 6000 feet
Ground combat at Rabaul

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 11475 troops, 67 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 188

Defending force 4655 troops, 35 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 29

Japanese max assault: 368 - adjusted assault: 144

Allied max defense: 26 - adjusted defense: 29

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Japanese ground losses:
285 casualties reported
Guns lost 10

Allied ground losses:
95 casualties reported
Guns lost 6

Ground combat at Batavia

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 10076 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 163

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Japanese max assault: 330 - adjusted assault: 269

Allied max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 269 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Batavia base !!!

So batavia is now in japanese hands....[:'(]

He keeps on air bombing Johre Baru, paying for that quite a lot in terms of AA casualities....however forts are not coming up and that's a problem[:(]

Anyway, today i'm quite happy...we managed to give a sign: we are here! we hold the ground. We fight for every single piece of land. It won't be easy for you!

I will evacuate immediately the heroes of the day (the martin squadrons) and fly them to Oz...they do not deserve to get the japanese revenge (that will surely arrive tomorrow...)

[image]local://upfiles/4162/AAA10C5F318F49BABFD72AB73CDBB65E.jpg[/image]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/30/2007 10:00:28 AM)

So,a enemy's DD is reported sunk, along with an AP torpedoed last day. One BB has been put out of action for some days, while the others have recieved some hit. A pair of CLs will probably need some repair and will stay out of the action for few weeks...isn't that bad, right?
I know...these are only minor things compared to the fact that Java is likely fall within 2 weeks and with the overall SRA-DEI situation...Japan is really marching fast and from now on i gotta be very carefull with VPs count, but...well,i badly needed some morale boosts![:)]

On the Russian border i saw some strange things...the troops are not massing anymore at Mutakiang...seems that they are moving somewhere inland (Harbin maybe)....what can this mean?
There are probably 2 options:
1- he's redeploying his units in order to create a massive offensive front somewhere in the middle-north of Russia.
2- He's planning to get some units out of Manchukoku in order to smash China.

The 2nd isn't much likely imho...so,let's analyse what he can do for the 1st option.

He has 2 ways of acting: going for Chita or going for Blagovyeshenks(sp???). The Blagov' plan is the most risky, cause there's a river to cross and he's gonna face, which a shock attack, 800 AVs, well dug in and in wood terrain...can be nasty!  I'd go for Chita, which is in plain terrain and there's no rivercrossing in order to enter into the city. But what puzzles me is that in both of this cases he won't be able to count on the support of his naval assets! In the ordinary way to conquer Vladivostock (i.e. marching with the full army all along the rail-line north-south) the BBs and the CVs play a foundamental role in japanese plans, closing down the AFs and smashing the russian air force, suppressing at the same time the units present at Vladiv.
If you go for Chita you have to rely only on your LBAs , leaving your southern flank open to the soviets!
But however, Chita can be conquered. at least on the plans. There are nearly 1000 AVs present there. Some more 4/500 in the nearby.Nothing more. The rest of the soviet army is deployed in southern bases. a japanese complete army can master something like 10.000 AVs, 500 bombers and some more 3/400 good fighters. So the numbers are with the japs. If the Imperial army manage to smash chita, the bulk of the soviet army will be cut of from its supply, even if there are more than 2,000,000 of supplies deployed south of chita!
It's anyway a very risky chance for Japan. If you get a bad dice and roll in the decisive ground combat, your entire operation can become a boomerang! With the soviet SS active and with the Red air army alive and active, a statlemate at chita can become a disaster in the mid-term...

mmhhmmm...it's gonna be interesting[8D]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/30/2007 10:01:34 AM)

ops...when i was talking about Chita, i meant Bozrya(sp??)...sorry[:'(]

Jim D Burns -> RE: Naga is back in allied's hands!! (10/30/2007 10:47:58 AM)

quote:

[image]local://upfiles/4162/405BE04E0A4343D7A494000870116B42.jpg[/image]

Sweet, free trainning, Have every unit you can afford to bombard this unit every turn. DO NOT DESTROY IT!

Luzon will be a fortress if your units are all in the 55-59 experience range when he finally comes calling.

Jim

Edit: oops hadn't read further down yet.

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Naga is back in allied's hands!! (10/30/2007 10:57:40 AM)

Yes, i hoped they'll survive, but considering they were just a paradropped unit, it was probably just a fragment, so they simply faded away at my first assault. It's however tough to defend Luzon if he commits in mass is troops. The problem here lies in the fact that you have to defend both Manila and Clark and you simply do not have enough AVs...but, however, we'll see[:'(]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Naga is back in allied's hands!! (10/30/2007 11:25:33 PM)

I'm experiencing many problems with the sight in report...grgrgr...in-game, when i click the icon, appear the 4 last report (9-10-11-12 of december) but not the actual one(14th)...what's the point here?!?!?!

However, i just learnt that My opponent set up the first turn of this game 1 year ago and i now fear that the data-base of this scenario (160 CHS-Experimental Nik's Mod) can be corrupted, and so to say that some changes that have been given in the last updates (9.2) aren't in it...

Anyone can give my some tips? Will be really appreciated...thx

Gen.Hoepner -> Bad news (10/31/2007 1:06:35 AM)

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/15/41

Bad news. Tonight, the jap BBs came back at Singapore...and this time we weren't lucky, not at all...12k men disabled or killed and only 8 CD guns shot back[:@]...no way to hold here:-(
Plus, 1 ducth sub has been badly hit by japanese ASW trying to stop the second invasion of Java (Kragen)...
Then i lost 6 more transport ships and a damaged DD(vendetta) who was trying to reach Colombo...[:o]
Lauterm (Timor) is been invaded today, while Kragen, empty, has been conquered, cutting the retreat route of a ducth regiment that for some reasons refused to move in the last 5 days....[:@]...the end of Java is near i feel.

In China we finally managed to engage the first japanese divisions south of Hankow. We'll start the chinese meatgrinder very soon[;)], for the moment a good training camp for my units...

What else?....mmm...ah, yes, baby KB is supporting the Timor invasion...soon at Darwin things will get hot
TF 9 encounters mine field at Singapore (22,51)

Japanese Ships
DD Amagiri, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage[:D]

TF 89 encounters mine field at Batavia (20,60)

Japanese Ships
MSW Takasago Maru
MSW Ataka Maru
PC Showa Maru #3
PC Nichi Maru #1
PC Gamitsu Maru #1
AK Yasukawa Maru, Mine hits 2, heavy damage[:D]
PC Showa Maru #5

Japanese ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Sub attack near Kragen at 22,64

Japanese Ships
DD Shigure
DD Shiratsuyu
DD Wakaba
DD Hatsushimo
DD Nenohi
DD Hatsuharu
DD Hagikaze
DD Arashi
DD Nowaki
DD Maikaze

Allied Ships
SS KXVIII, hits 2, on fire
Missed torpedoes and the counterattack[:(]

Naval bombardment of Singapore, at 22,51 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Catalina I: 2 destroyed
Blenheim IV: 1 destroyed
Buffalo I: 3 destroyed

8 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro
BB Fuso, Shell hits 3
BB Hyuga
BB Ise
BB Mutsu

Allied Ships
AK Kedah, Shell hits 9, on fire, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
12874 casualties reported[:(][:(][:(][:(] OUCH!!!!
Guns lost 140
Vehicles lost 6

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 20
Port hits 10
Port fuel hits 2
Port supply hits 7

Ground combat at Kragen

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 25750 troops, 60 guns, 65 vehicles, Assault Value = 864

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese max assault: 1082 - adjusted assault: 285

Allied max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 285 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kragen base !!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese forces CAPTURE Hollandia base !!!

Soon we'll free Wake from the invader's feet[:'(]

[image]local://upfiles/4162/A3F2A11D58D84C39B9038E9190B7FDF4.jpg[/image]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Bad news (10/31/2007 2:04:06 AM)

Ok, guys, i know...i'm doing Sir Robin...yes, i admit it.
But the more i think about it the more i realize that, given the actual strategic situation, i should have been Sir Robin even more.
If i went engaging with my ducth and brit ships...with the KB around and with his particular opening moves...well, i think my situation would be defentely worse by now... Consider that the whole IJNAF and IJAAF is deployed in the SRA-DEI area...
What d'you think?

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Bad news (10/31/2007 11:39:12 AM)

Here's the Chinese situation. Quite happy about the overall look of the chinese theatre.
Trollelite isn't committing much here...better to force him to face my yellow fellows[:D]

[image]local://upfiles/4162/F087A94D7AF4410A9CAD7C8A6064F68F.jpg[/image]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Bad news (10/31/2007 11:58:36 AM)

Generally speaking the plan for China is pretty simple:
1- cover my southern flank entering in Canton hex, so stopping the production of the Canton facilities and halting the whole southern Japanese flank in order to have free hands in the center
2- In the center of China i plan to create a pocket at Ichang, where 3 japanese units are present, entering in the hex with some 500AVs, while 2 stronger army corps will advance flanking Ichang, interrupting the comm. lines to Hankow, thus creating a no-excaping trap for those 3 japanese units.
While all this happens, 2 strong Chinese corps (each of 800AVs) will guard the river crossing from Kaifeng and the hex north of Sinyang, on the railway line, covering each other's flank and preventing any japanese attempt to break the general flanking manouver.
On the southern flank of the Japanese salient will operate a massive blockade of the rivercrossing south of Hankow, where a 1000 chinese AVs corp is already fighting against 2 jap divisions in the swamp hex. While this position is safe, the bulk of the chinese southern army will mass and enter into Nanchang, in order to threaten his main center in the area.  At the same time my guerrilla forces will keep on operating behind the enemy lines, cutting the supply routes for the front. Main objective for this first campaign are: A)- Create the Ichang pocket and eliminate those 3 japanese units (either for famine or fighting..we'll see); B)- Conquest of Nanchang; C)- Start an attrition war in china forcing him to exchange men for men, supplies for supplies.
3- In the northern area of China my plans are essentially defensive. Will dig in and cover the northern flank of the major center theatre.

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Bad news (10/31/2007 1:38:24 PM)

Ok, guys, i'm pretty sure he's going for Russia, or, being more specific, he's going for Bozrya (South of Chita).
He's moving out most of his major units from China (especially from the Pejiin area), while the units at Mutakiang are moving back to Harbin.
Plus: he has hidden his Land based zeros till now. That can mean that he's preserving his major air assets for the upcoming russian campaign.
Really do not know how will i handle a northern invasion of Russia, especially considering the overall situation of the Red Air Army (which is quite grimm at the moment, being the average exp in their 50s...). And with the actual situation i cannot even move my russian troops...so i just have to wait and hope the forts will grow up quickly....[:o] and keep on pushing in China

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Bad news (10/31/2007 9:28:31 PM)

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/16/41

Another harsh day for the western allies.
Rabaul fell. Was supposed to. Lautem, at Timor, fell too.The ducth garrison abbandoned its position after a double bombardment run made by jap CAs and the assault.
At the same time a British sub got hit near Singapore...too many Vals of the KB flying over those waves...:-(
What else?...Ah, the only good news of the day was the elimination of the SNLF unit at Wake! Our brave boys killed every single yellow bastard on that piece of sand!

Ground combat at Rabaul

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 11101 troops, 56 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 164

Defending force 4182 troops, 16 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 20

Japanese max assault: 312 - adjusted assault: 110

Allied max defense: 17 - adjusted defense: 43

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Rabaul base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
62 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
260 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 2

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Lautem

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 3174 troops, 10 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 83

Defending force 1148 troops, 19 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese max assault: 164 - adjusted assault: 154

Allied max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 5

Japanese assault odds: 30 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Lautem base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
140 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Wake Island

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 3272 troops, 88 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 35

Defending force 185 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 6

Allied max assault: 30 - adjusted assault: 16

Japanese max defense: 3 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 16 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
293 casualties reported

The overall situation is far from being good. With Timor and Ambonia ready to fall, Darwin is in real danger. The reinforcements from southern Oz are taking foreever to get there... For Perth is the same...vulnerable as a nest of little bird.... India is far from being safe and Russia...well...Russia is a damned problem if he attacks me there. The only quiet place seems to be the Pacific, where the Americans are playing alone. Now the first 3 CVs are togheder and the fourth is comin'... The 2nd Marine div is being moving to PH, but i don't think i'll be ready to do anything important here before may, when most of my major ships will be upgraded... and it's a damned long time....

Fishbed -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/31/2007 10:26:48 PM)

What about a possible Aleoutian campaign? The more I read Admiral Laurent's AAR, the more I believe the north is an underrated theater in WitP. Looks to me there is no reason why you should restrain yourself from attacking through any road you may find.

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: RIDERS ON THE STORM - Hoepner (A) vs. Trollelite(J) (10/31/2007 10:37:43 PM)

Nope, the HRs suggested by Trollelite, that i have accepted, forbid any allied offensive in the Northern Sector untill Russia is activated...[:-]

Mistmatz -> RE: Bad news (10/31/2007 11:06:40 PM)

Are you playing till autovictory or for the long haul? If you're playing for autovictory you might have a interesting time ahead of you... [;)][:D]

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: Bad news (11/1/2007 11:20:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

Are you playing till autovictory or for the long haul? If you're playing for autovictory you might have a interesting time ahead of you... [;)][:D]

I always tend to play for the long run, but it's clear that the autovictory is for the japanese who really doesn't have the chance of winning in the long run...so if he gets the autovictory by 1.01.1943 he will have won and if he'll like we could go on however.

Anyway, in China he's not moving as predicted (this guys is smart[;)]),he has moved back to Hankow his 2 divisions which were beyond the river, facing my 4 corps...while he's trying to deal with my partisans in the back lines... The general situation is still much fluid that i cannot tell what will be the result of this first campaign...anyway this is the only theatre where i feel a bit safe.

In Russia,being unable to recon his inland bases, i cannot say where he's massing. I guess Harbin but i cannot be sure. However, i'm doing the only thing i can do: build forts and redeploy my plane in a more defensive way!!

In the pacific i'm planning to send to Wake some Engs and one RCT, just to be sure.... soon planes and ships will be based here, with a clear threat to Kwalajein...[8D]

In India the original defensive plan goes on. Nothing much to report.

In Oz i moved back from Darwin some planes...was overstacking there and i do not like it.150 planes is the Max number planned for Darwin (being a level 3 AF). In Perth, a convoy with supplies and fuel is arriving from Sydney. Hope this could help if an invasion occurs.

In Luzon things are very quiet. My men are resting and the supply situation isn't that bad...untill he will decide to smash my bases with his bombers...

Java is doomed. The ABDA army is in a terrible shape...no way to hold long here...[:o]

Same for Singapore...[:@]

[image]local://upfiles/4162/09D6C28C4EF84C759F92F4736D3D6B25.jpg[/image]

modrow -> RE: Bad news (11/1/2007 1:15:07 PM)

Herr General [:D],

good to see you back in action !!! I enjoyed your AARs a lot so far and will follow this one as well...[sm=00000613.gif].

Hartwig

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI