RE: Free games to good homes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

LarryP -> RE: Free games to good homes (12/23/2007 4:45:24 AM)

Well, she's staying now anyways. My wife needed a helper... [X(]

pixel8 -> RE: Free games to good homes (12/29/2007 11:03:16 AM)

Hi again! Dad loved getting your game for Christmas, his eyes lit up to receive something new! JudgeDredd, you made a Christmas morning spectacular!! He was amazed it came all the way from England, via Royal Post. I guess I sound younger than my 38 yrs making a post like that, but you knew better from our pm's, JD! The happiness you sent will be remembered for a lifetime, and passed on.

Loved the laptop, too, didja have include an iPhone? You are so generous!!   [sm=happy0065.gif]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Free games to good homes (12/29/2007 2:11:15 PM)

Pixel8

I very pleased you got it and your dad is enjoying it. And thank you for your detailed pm...it was nice to hear how your Christmas went.

Take care.

Billy

cdbeck -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/22/2008 6:47:26 AM)

Using my powers of Necromancy, I am raising the thread from the dead!

So, I was digging through my game collection tonight, and I realized that I have a ton of things gathering dust. Knowin that I will be moving soon, perhaps for an extended stay in France, I decided to come here and see if anybody might like to take these off my hands (I must admit that I didn't want JudgeDredd make it look like Scots where more generous than us bloated Americans) [;)].

Here is a list of games I have, that can be given new homes:

Matrix Games
  • Crown of Glory taken: mmcot
  • Uncommon Valor taken: marcusm
  • Flashpoint Germany taken: apathetic lurker
  • Korsun Pocket (Retail CD with Player's Guide) taken: elcidcd
  • Supremacy taken: Marauders
Other Games
  • Ground Control II (CD and Manual) RTS - by the makers of World in Conflict: taken: Nim8or
  • Halo - PC edition (CD) FPS
  • Conflict Zone (CD and Manual) RTS
Chances are, as I keep digging, I will come up with more.

So here is the small caveat. I am a graduate student living on a stipend and my wife's income. So, although I am not technically selling these games, if you could help with the $3-5 of postal fees (envelope and postage) that would be great. I am willing to send to Canada (which is sometimes cheaper than domestic) but I can't afford the heavy costs of overseas. I don't expect anything in return really, but if you feel like giving a donation to help fund a fellow wargamer, that is up to your discretion. Also, I wouldn't be adverse to a donation/trade of Hornet Leader, Napoleon in Italy, or For Liberty, if someone is so inclined. Again, that is all up to you!

So if anyone is interested in these games, let me know. I have a post office pretty nearby (one on campus) and I can send them out after getting a PM. It is a first come, first served basis here, so if you are interested, let me know!

I'll update, like JD, when things get claimed!

Best,
SoM

JudgeDredd -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/22/2008 10:07:53 AM)

quote:

I must admit that I didn't want JudgeDredd make it look like Scots where more generous than us bloated Americans

I like SoM.

The love has spread!! [:D]

mllange -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/22/2008 6:28:08 PM)

Would love to try Crown of Glory if it's available... please PM me [:'(]

cdbeck -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/23/2008 12:31:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nim8or

Would love to try Crown of Glory if it's available... please PM me [:'(]

Doh! Sorry, got a PM that snatched it up. Anything else?

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
I like SoM

Thanks JD! It's all because of what you started!
SoM

marcusm -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/23/2008 12:37:22 AM)

I would love Uncommon Valor. Flashpoint seems interesting too.
Gotta take the chance when given :).

Btw. Can you recieve via PayPal? Would work best for me since I am in Sweden.
Looks a bit silly when you exchange 3 dollars :D.

I actually gifted two games to New Yorkers, one was History of the World and the other was Planescape Torment(kinda regretting that now).

mllange -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/23/2008 4:26:48 AM)

Any chance of Ground Control II then? (Wonderful thing you're doing here, BTW)

cdbeck -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/23/2008 10:04:41 PM)

Update:

Most of the Matrix games are gone. I mailed out Ground Control II to nim8or. I uploaded Crown of Glory to a private filetransfer site and I am currently uploading Uncommon Valor. Let me know if you have trouble getting these files. Once these are DL'ed and safely installed, I will get rid of my backup copies (so be sure to check this over before giving me a full report).

SoM

cdbeck -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/24/2008 8:38:09 PM)

Mailed out Flashpoint Germany and Korsun Pocket an hour ago.

SoM

marcusm -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/25/2008 12:52:49 PM)

Everything worked out, thanks a bunch.

I have some myself. If anyone knows how to transfer a Steam game I can offer all DoW games.

cdbeck -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/25/2008 8:14:54 PM)

Great marcusm!

Well, all the Matrix games are claimed. I'm embarassed a little, because Gogamer.com is offering Halo for about as much as I could ship mine! Bah, big corporations trying to steal my thunder.

Marcusm, I'm not sure Steam games can be transferred. Would be nice, but I think they forbid it (otherwise you could just transfer back and forth when each person wanted to play it). You might look at the FAQ or support area for sure, but I think this is ultimately fruitless. Not everybody has such an open an customer friendly method as Matrix!

Thanks guys for all the shipping help, donations, and just well wishes. I partially used this as a test of file-transfering, and now I have a better idea of the ups and downs there. So far, I see that most people are having success, which is great. I'm just happy that I can pass some fun on to those who deserve it! It brightened my day to brighten your day!

SoM

elcidce91 -> RE: Free games to good homes (1/28/2008 12:06:11 AM)

I bought the Orange Box around Christmas. They let me "gift" my extra copies of Halflife 2 and Episode 1 I had in the Orange Box. I think you can do it, but Im not sure how to do it for a single game. It came up as an option after you registered the extra game. Hope it helped.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI