Windows Vista... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America

Gylve -> Windows Vista... (11/13/2007 11:18:08 PM)

A quick question
My new computer will have vista installed and I wonder if this game will work with Vista.

Pocus -> RE: Windows Vista... (11/14/2007 10:17:58 PM)

It should, we have very few issues with Vista. Most was because the drivers was not up to date what's more.

Joe D. -> RE: Windows Vista... (11/15/2007 6:24:10 PM)

Besides, if there was a problem w/Vista, you can go retro w/BoA; start, all programs, BoA, then R click "Config utility" and select properties: choose the compatability tab and set for Win 2000, hit apply, OK, and that should do it.

Adam Parker -> Vista loves AGEOD's games (11/23/2007 2:59:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gylve

A quick question
My new computer will have vista installed and I wonder if this game will work with Vista.

Gylve, I just got my new Vista Ultimate machine two days ago and just loaded up the AGEOD games. Both Birth of America and American Civil War run like butter - in fact Vista is loving everything I'm doing right now - my AV, peripherals, PDA, Nero 8... it is just such a smooth OS right now with all the current Updates, I really am peeved I nearly listened to all the negative hype! Good hardware counts for everything. Updated we basically have SP1 right now.

As for BoA - no prob whatsoever. More RAM and a good video card definitely helps these games and I have 4GB and a 768MB GeForce 8800 GTX.

As for ACW - ditto and it actually scrolls faster - like lightning! On exiting the game I did get a Vista friendly dialog to say that the game was "missing a component". Just go to AGEOD's ACW forum and look in the Technical threads. There's a download link to a DLL Vista needs, you drop in your ACW folder and no issue thereafter.

I am so impressed with this performance. Happy gaming!

Adam.

Gylve -> RE: Vista loves AGEOD's games (12/1/2007 6:45:09 PM)

Sounds really Good! But I actually got two Ctd in my last game... But no harms done because the game autosaves every month [:)] Its happend when I was moving regiments/corps between armies. If it happens again I can send you my save if you want to look at it but it may take I while because of my lack of internet at home... (I`m a poor student)

I really love BOA! I have to try Pbem as soon as I get Internet...(Summer 2008)
Soon to buy ACW or NC but probably both as a christmas present to myself [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI