Today is the day - Finally (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Tjalfe -> Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 11:22:29 AM)

Okay false alarm. Somebody made a mistake and put in a wrong release date...

Sorry to bother with this - but iīm thrilled with the news: http://www.matrixgames.com/games/game.asp?gid=285

Today we get to engage the digital download and play our favourite game. I havenīt been very active on this forum but i have following the discussions pretty closely.

Iīm living in Copenhagen Europe. Do anybody out there know if Matrixgames have any particular time of day where they usually release a game. I canīt wait to get going stomping around Europe with my armies and get to know the game before I engage human opponents

Cheers

Adraeth -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 11:38:00 AM)

WOOOOOOOOOOW

I need to replenish my credit card [&o][&o]

Ursa MAior -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 11:47:22 AM)

No download at the moment among napoleonics, but alas stil have 12 hours to go. Bah what are these couple hundred mintues compared to years!

Adraeth -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 11:55:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

No download at the moment among napoleonics, but alas stil have 12 hours to go. Bah what are these couple hundred mintues compared to years!

Yes i think in USA are the 5:00 am..... WAKE UP!!!! Ring the Bells [:D][:D]

anyaway... i am sooooooooooo happy [X(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 1:13:36 PM)

Good grief, who the heck put a release date in there? Sorry folks, that was not intentional, whoever did that screwed up. EIA is still a week away as a post-Thanksgiving release. [:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 1:16:12 PM)

Just fixed it - looks like someone checked one of the boxes accidentailly that they shouldn't have, which auto-fills the release date field with today's date. Apologies for the confusion, there was no intention to cause any distress. Right now, we're looking at a timeline centered around next Wednesday (28th) for release of EIA.

Tjalfe -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 1:19:06 PM)

Ok. Fine with me.

I think I can wait a little while longer.

Cheers

Adraeth -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 1:23:08 PM)

Ok a week is enough:

"i can lose time but i won't lose this game" (a sort of napoleon statement [:D])

eg0master -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 1:59:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just fixed it - looks like someone checked one of the boxes accidentailly that they shouldn't have, which auto-fills the release date field with today's date. Apologies for the confusion, there was no intention to cause any distress. Right now, we're looking at a timeline centered around next Wednesday (28th) for release of EIA.

"Doh!" But also "Wohoo!"

Ursa MAior -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 2:25:36 PM)

In line! Aim! Fire!

Commands to the firing squad. ;)

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 5:24:31 PM)

Eric:

Thank you!
I'll put the defib back in the corner.

PunkReaper -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 5:28:28 PM)

Just booked a week off with the stress of it all.......can your in house lawyers tell me whether I have a right to stress related compensation..
Or is that not a good joke to make to an American company? [:(]

cdbeck -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 5:54:37 PM)

"Those responsible have been sacked."

Empire at Arms is a wargame for the PC set in the time of the Napoleonic Wars. Players have their chose of six sides, France, England, Prussia, Austria, Russia, and the Moose. Mind you, Moose bites can be pretty nasty...

"Sorry, those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

[;)] SoM

Ursa MAior -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/20/2007 11:18:00 PM)

Last year we were on Sweden. [;)]

New York Jets -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 7:19:45 AM)

Is the 28th a firm date?

Will those who download on the 28th get a PRE-PRINTED rules manual with shipment of the CD?

New York Jets -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 7:23:55 AM)

By the way.

I'm so happy about this release I could spit.

I've been waiting 20 years for this.

jamo262 -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 11:31:04 AM)

Alas- I have grown old,

and can no longer wield a sword llike I used to.

ess1 -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 11:44:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Just booked a week off with the stress of it all.......can your in house lawyers tell me whether I have a right to stress related compensation..
Or is that not a good joke to make to an American company? [:(]

Careful, we are talking about a litigation to America![X(]

It has been so long I can't remember what I have been waiting for.
A silver surfer...

Stewart -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 3:30:47 PM)

I used to play this game with friends years ago (Boy I'm old[8|] Since I no longer have anyone to play with I've been looking forward to this game coming out. My wife's going to buy it for me for Christmas[:D][8D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 3:32:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Trog
Is the 28th a firm date?

Nothing ever is, but in the scale of such things, yes.

quote:

Will those who download on the 28th get a PRE-PRINTED rules manual with shipment of the CD?

Nope, we're all backed up on printing right now due to a debacle with our printed that took a month to resolve right as the flurry of recent releases began.

We do expect that we'll have EIA physical stock in time for shipments to arrive before Christmas, but it will be a download-only release at first. If you want the box and the printed manual, you should wait until those options are available in the store about 2 weeks after release.

Regards,

- Erik

Stewart -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 3:35:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

Is the 28th a firm date?

quote:

Nope, we're all backed up on printing right now due to a debacle with our printed that took a month to resolve right as the flurry of recent releases began.

We do expect that we'll have EIA physical stock in time for shipments to arrive before Christmas, but it will be a download-only release at first. If you want the box and the printed manual, you should wait until those options are available in the store about 2 weeks after release.

Regards,

- Erik

Boy I post my second post and Erik posts with great (Possibly?) News. Hats off[&o]

tgb -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 4:25:09 PM)

How big is the manual? That will influence my decision on which way to go.

YohanTM2 -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 10:48:48 PM)

Please offer the manual in 8.5x11 format for download

Erik Rutins -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/21/2007 11:02:39 PM)

The manual is 128 pages and the printed copies will be in full color. Given the price point, we wanted to go all out for the physical release.

SkyElf -> An Other Question? (11/22/2007 12:55:09 AM)

How much will the game cost with CD & Manual please?

sabre100 -> RE: An Other Question? (11/22/2007 4:37:09 AM)

Erik -

Can you tell us that price of this game ?  I am hoping it is not like WiTP and cost $79.99 or something similar.  I can understand not giving out release dates as they can change but I am not sure why keep the cost a secret until release ?

Any info is appreciated thanks so much.

New York Jets -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/22/2007 9:28:46 AM)

quote:

quote:

Is the 28th a firm date?

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

I guess what I'm asking is this...

Can we pre-pay for the CD when we download the game and have a manual shipped when the CD ships?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/22/2007 2:11:35 PM)

EIA will be priced at $59.99 Download and $69.99 Boxed. The Physical/Boxed versions should be live either on the day of launch or later in the same week and we expect to have physical stock to ship out by December 14th.

tgb -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/22/2007 4:22:24 PM)

That's unfortunate. At $49.99 this would have been a day-one download for me.

Eric, you may want to rethink that pricing before release. I suspect you feel that anticipation is so great people will pay almost any price, but for most gamers $49.99 is the "magic number", and very hard to get past.

If you offered a $10 discount for pre-orders before Wednesday, I (and many others, I suspect), would jump on it. Otherwise I will be waiting for feedback and AAR's before making a decision.

JimMerson -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/22/2007 4:41:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

That's unfortunate. At $49.99 this would have been a day-one download for me.

Eric, you may want to rethink that pricing before release. I suspect you feel that anticipation is so great people will pay almost any price, but for most gamers $49.99 is the "magic number", and very hard to get past.

Snipped...

Yes, I falter at spending over $50.00 for a computer game, but that is a price point set 20 years ago as well....

I did purchase War in the Pacific when it came out and it was a $60.00 game or more (I can't remember) EiA will be purchased as a download when it is available, I have waited to long for this.

Jim Merson

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI