RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

PDiFolco -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/7/2007 12:58:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

I'm having wierd problems with this.  When I'm in the editor I see the full set of graphics mod changes; looks great but I replaced the cities and forifications with the original images.  That works in the editor as well.

I replaced the generic file with the renamed 'Real' master file.  I also selected 'generic' as the file for the scenario to use.

When I exit the editor and run the scenario it seems to be using a mix of images.  For example, forests, mountains and coastlines are in the 'Real' format, but plains (most of the map) are in the old default format.  I've even done a reinstall of AT today and the same thing happens after I add the Real graphics folder.  I'm 100% positive I didn't paste the wrong images anywhere.

Any suggestions?

If you're playing the Russia scenarios (and I bet you are !), they use "additional" graphics for the weather effects, that uses hardcoded "vanilla graphics" files, each turn they're drawn according to weather tests.
So you need to edit the scenario and change the graphics files links in the weather events. Same for Ardennes. The modified scenarios were in the mod zip file. If you want to adapt your modified Russian scen you have to edit it the same way (pretty simple).

Juergen -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/7/2007 11:20:24 PM)

So can someone advise on how to edit a scenario[&:]  I downloaded the file into the bin and now what??  When I play the scenario and hit the edit I sont see anything reference the files.  I'm new to this editing stuff.  Thanks for any help

seille -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/7/2007 11:40:15 PM)

The scenario has to be in the scenario folder.
I think when you choose "Load scenario" you see directly the content of your scenario folder.
Maybe you should read the guides and tutorials first. The editor is not that easy to handle.
Need some learning to use all the power there.

Vic -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/8/2007 12:43:18 PM)

@juergen,

lets keep it easy for starters: you'll find two already modified new ww2 scenario's inside the WW2 directory. I think endsieg2 and ardennes2, Also if you make random games you can press the "M" button and select Real.ptmaster as alternate masterfile to use.

kind regards,
Vic

marcusm -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/8/2007 6:36:11 PM)

This is one of the best terrain mods I have seen for any wargame.

Great work. I actually think this terrain mod should be incorporated as official terrain, looks 1000 times better than the original.

Hopefully this mod gets supported/improved upon in the future as well.

Marcus

rickier65 -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/8/2007 7:17:48 PM)

I like the real terrain mod, it looks really good for some of the scenarios. But I also enjoy the original for other scen.

So please, leave the original. It's easy to change to the new when we want it.

Thanks.
Rick

Juergen -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/9/2007 1:45:18 AM)

ok I moved the files to the WW2 folder and I get an error message saying it cannot find that program.  What did I do wrong??

PDiFolco -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/9/2007 1:10:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juergen

ok I moved the files to the WW2 folder and I get an error message saying it cannot find that program. What did I do wrong??

Huh, what did you try to do ?? Please explain what you try to achieve if you want to get useful help ! [&:]

Juergen -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/9/2007 10:46:03 PM)

OK I down loaded the file into the bin file.  Then when I try to play the game I see the new scenarios in the bin file but when I try to play them it says error cannot find the file.  So I tried to move it into the original WWII file and it still gives me the error message that it cannot find the scenario.

BlackSunshine -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/19/2007 9:41:13 PM)

Nick,

How do you get this to work in a PBEM game if both players dont have the mod installed?

I created a random game using the real terrain mod.  Took my turn, and sent to him and he had some missing .bmp errors or something.

Do both players need this mod for it to work properly in PBEM?

PDiFolco -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/19/2007 11:31:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlackSunshine

Nick,

How do you get this to work in a PBEM game if both players dont have the mod installed?

I created a random game using the real terrain mod. Took my turn, and sent to him and he had some missing .bmp errors or something.

Do both players need this mod for it to work properly in PBEM?

Yes, all players must have d/led all necessary external files, setup the same way (iesame dirs).

Juergen I don't understand much to what you did... The ok procedure is just to open the scenario ".pt2" file from where it is (Adv Tactics/bin/scenarios or wherever it is, just browse for it), the hit "edit scenario" ,and ..well, edit the scenario ... [:'(]

gnrss -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/23/2007 12:21:53 PM)

very good job.is the vision 2 final?shall we wait for the new vision?

NickGen -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/23/2007 12:28:51 PM)

thanks,
This is the final version, already available on the website http://www.advancedtactics.org/
I have a more elaborate version, but is not compatible with the existing scenarios. She ought to be soon available on the site ...

Rander -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 1:35:11 AM)

Hello.

Sorry for bring this post to the front a year after :P

I have installed the mod (excellent job) and when I try to play a random scenario I get a window with the next message:

Version Check

You are loading a saved file from a lower version ( 100) than the current version ( 110).

Any advice?

Thanks.

P.S. I have updated the game to the v1.20b

rickier65 -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 2:29:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rander

Hello.

Sorry for bring this post to the front a year after :P

I have installed the mod (excellent job) and when I try to play a random scenario I get a window with the next message:

Version Check

You are loading a saved file from a lower version ( 100) than the current version ( 110).

Any advice?

Thanks.

P.S. I have updated the game to the v1.20b

This shouldnt cause a problem. There is a way to get rid of the msg, but I don't recall it off the top of my head.

Rick

Rander -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 2:37:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

This shouldnt cause a problem. There is a way to get rid of the msg, but I don't recall it off the top of my head.

Rick

Well... it causes a problem... I can't select some options of the random scenario (like rebellions or seasons).

But thanks for the help!

Bye.

82ndtrooper -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 2:55:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nick69

thanks,
This is the final version, already available on the website http://www.advancedtactics.org/
I have a more elaborate version, but is not compatible with the existing scenarios. She ought to be soon available on the site ...

Hi rander and welcome to the forums.

is it possible that you need to get this version posted by nick in this thread ? its supposed to be the one compatible with version 2

Rander -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 3:29:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper
Hi rander and welcome to the forums.

is it possible that you need to get this version posted by nick in this thread ? its supposed to be the one compatible with version 2

Hi! :)

I downloaded the file (RealMod2.zip) from www.advancedtactics.org.

Here are two screens of the problem:

[image]http://s1.subirimagenes.com/fotos/previo/thump_1681506at01.jpg[/image]

[image]http://s1.subirimagenes.com/fotos/previo/thump_1681507at02.jpg[/image]

Thanks for helping.

Bye!

82ndtrooper -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 4:08:30 AM)

ok thats beyond my meger knowledge  just hang on and one of the wizards should reply and help you fix it.

Rander -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 4:13:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper

ok thats beyond my meger knowledge  just hang on and one of the wizards should reply and help you fix it.

No problem. Thanks for help.

Bye.

Vic -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/24/2008 7:31:24 PM)

This is a mod of the generic.masterfile, not of the advanced.masterfile, which was released quite recently. Henced a few of those extra options are not in.

Kind regards,
Vic

Rander -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/25/2008 8:56:32 PM)

Ok. I understand. :)
Thanks for the clarification.

And the strange window with the message? What it means?

Bye.

P.S: Merry Christmas for everybody!

Casus_Belli -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (12/27/2008 10:09:08 AM)

OK, what and where is a master file, and can I install this graphics mod on a game I'm already playing. If so, how?

Looks great, by the way, which is why I'm keen to get it to work.[;)]

BK6583 -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (1/8/2009 11:09:39 PM)

Ok - Registered and logged on to this site - where is this mod? I saw Buldog's mod in the scenario section but can't seem to find this one.

BULLDOGINTHEUK -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (1/9/2009 1:43:05 PM)

Here's a link to Nick's excellent mod:

http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenario.php?nr=16

I've updated the Bulldog mod to work with Nicks mod. Download Nick's and why not try mine as I think they both complement each other well I think:

http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenario.php?nr=76

Remember you must be registered and log into the AT site in order to download the files. Hope this helps

Regards

BK6583 -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (1/10/2009 4:10:40 PM)

Bulldog,

Thank you very much. I'm taking this one step at a time. I understand with realmod that after extracting to the Bin folder, I delete the generic.ptmaster and rename the realmod file to the same name. So far so good. Do I now delete this newly remaned file and rename your file to generic.ptmaster to complete the install?

BK6583 -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (1/10/2009 5:00:10 PM)

Ok disregard I think - everything seems to be working. However, still being new to this game perhaps there are ways to tweak an already existing scenario? I'm starting out with the Ardennes2 scenario. Right off the bat graphically I have some gripes. These primarily center on two things: It's very hard to see roads in this winter terrain. Doubly hard to see is when I click move - I have to really stare at the screen to see the highlighted terrain that I can move to. As I said, I'm a total newb right now - can I alter this (and I'm not talking about going into the scenario editor - geez, I'm just trying to get the fundamentals down)?

BULLDOGINTHEUK -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (1/12/2009 1:49:26 PM)

Hi Bk, I can't really answer your query about the winter graphics, Nick would be the one for that unless you feel like trying your hand to some art.

It sounds like you've already successfully downloaded Nick's mod. My graphic mod only works for random maps, although you can use the graphics if you want to create your own scenario.. Just download it as normal, same as you did for Nick's mod and then follow the instructions on this link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1976292

BK6583 -> RE: New graphic mod, version 2 (1/12/2009 4:25:23 PM)

BULLDOG,

Fact is I downloaded both this past weekend and they both work fine. Being an old wargamer from way back I'm trying to like this game but it's not intuitive, plays weird with historical scenarios (production for an Ardennes battle?) and as I said, even with these good mods, winter terrain, roads, and movable hexes highlighting are just dismal.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI