RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jwilkerson -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:10:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Norm3

Will ships that were historically captured appear in the Japanese OOB?

We answered this earlier, but decision was made not to do this to avoid risk of hundreds of duplicate ships wandering around the map. BTW stock does bring in a bunch of the captured ships for the Japanese. We are not. Instead, we are bringing in even more hundreds of ships on the Japanese side that stock left out. So net/net, I think we see an increase in Japanese vessels over stock.

jwilkerson -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:11:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

A fairly easy question for you [:D]

How are the various ships that start the game in refit going to be modelled?  Are they simply going to have 'x' amount of 'damage'?   Or will the new damage syatem be used to give them something more representative?  For example HMS Mauritius was (IIRC) capable of making full speed but she had no weapons at the time she left Singapore.

Up to the OOBer in question. On the Japanese side, for the ones I am doing, I am either delaying bringing in the ship, or giving it some damage, depending on the complexity of the work being done. For Allied warships, Tankerace would have to comment on those.

NormS3 -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:23:10 PM)

Thanks,

Will the naval slots be increased as a whole?  I think its 3000 ship slots for Japan and 7000 for Allies.  I have done heavy modding, so more slots would be fantastic.  Sorry if I am repeating somebody's previous questions.

jwilkerson -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:41:39 PM)

quote:

Thanks,

Will the naval slots be increased as a whole?  I think its 3000 ship slots for Japan and 7000 for Allies.  I have done heavy modding, so more slots would be fantastic.  Sorry if I am repeating somebody's previous questions.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if we've published the numbers, and I don't recall them off the top of my head, but the slot counts are going up considerably. Some ranges are doubled, some five fold, a few even higher.

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:46:22 PM)

quote:

Thanks,

Yes, there will be more slots. more, more, more!!!

NormS3 -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:49:37 PM)

You have just made a grown man cry.

Just kidding, but again fantastic! Thank you all for all of your work. Modding Bliss here I come . . . sometime this next year. [8|]

I always kind of dread the election years. Are any of you running for office? I have experiance campaigning.

Thanks many times again. [&o]

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 10:59:10 PM)

To misquote Groucho Marx: "I wouldn't run for office anywhere that would let me run for office..."

Don Bowen -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 11:19:55 PM)

quote:

Just kidding, but again fantastic! Thank you all for all of your work. Modding Bliss here I come . . . sometime this next year. [8|]

I always kind of dread the election years. Are any of you running for office? I have experiance campaigning.

I am not qualified to be an elected official - my parents were married.

I might just sneak in on a technicality, they were not married to each other.

VSWG -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/17/2007 11:42:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

A fairly easy question for you [:D]

How are the various ships that start the game in refit going to be modelled? Are they simply going to have 'x' amount of 'damage'? Or will the new damage syatem be used to give them something more representative? For example HMS Mauritius was (IIRC) capable of making full speed but she had no weapons at the time she left Singapore.

Up to the OOBer in question. On the Japanese side, for the ones I am doing, I am either delaying bringing in the ship, or giving it some damage, depending on the complexity of the work being done. For Allied warships, Tankerace would have to comment on those.

A ship can start with disabled and missing devices, right? So HMS Mauritius could start the game with few sys damage, and all weapon devices disabled or missing.

Brady -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 12:27:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

I am not qualified to be an elected official - my parents were married.

I might just sneak in on a technicality, they were not married to each other.

Acording to a recent NPR radio story about 75% of kids today dont live with both their parents, only 25% do live with their natrual parents, so "Normal" would be about the opset of what one might think.

Mike Scholl -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 2:20:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady
Acording to a recent NPR radio story about 75% of kids today dont live with both their parents, only 25% do live with their natrual parents, so "Normal" would be about the opset of what one might think.

This is amazingly coherant and well-spelled for BRADY. Maybe he's the one running for office..., a Seat on the Board of Education.

Sonny II -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 12:39:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady

This is amazingly coherant and well-spelled for BRADY. Maybe he's the one running for office..., a Seat on the Board of Education.

After 10 years of schooling I found a seat on the Bored of Education. And no, I am not using Brady's spell checker.[:D]

Andy Mac -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 2:55:55 PM)

Posted the complete list on the land thread thought I may as well double up and post the currrent draft of the HQ and naval TF list here as well.

I am looking for a couple more junior flag officers to add so if anyone has any preferences let me know.

Dixie -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 9:06:20 PM)

It's an unlikely one, but:
Will there be any of the LSTs equipped with the Brody device which allowed launching and recovery of Grasshopper spotter a/c?

A more likely one though. Will there finally be seperate art slots for the USN minelayers Terror and Oglala?

[image]local://upfiles/20142/443C9522B9B842C4B06D31D6B42614E1.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 9:20:23 PM)

quote:

It's an unlikely one, but:
Will there be any of the LSTs equipped with the Brody device which allowed launching and recovery of Grasshopper spotter a/c?

A more likely one though. Will there finally be seperate art slots for the USN minelayers Terror and Oglala?

[image]local://upfiles/20142/443C9522B9B842C4B06D31D6B42614E1.jpg[/image]

No and yes.

Sardaukar -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 10:57:40 PM)

Will the subs have air-search/warning radars in AE ? :) I had to add them myself and also contribute to CHS to have them added.

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 11:05:06 PM)

All submarines get the full historical radar fits.

Mike Solli -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 11:17:42 PM)

Will the Japanese air search radar be fixed?

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 11:20:39 PM)

Already done.

JamesM -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 11:21:17 PM)

In the task force selection screen could you add tab that only shows ships due for an upgrade? When you have a large number of ships at a forward base and you want to send ships back for a refit it is a bit if the task to select the appropriate ships.

Terminus -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/18/2007 11:22:11 PM)

Eh, that's already part of stock WitP, so it's obviously going to be in the AE.

witpqs -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 2:59:57 AM)

I think he means in the ship selection screen when creating TF's or transferring ships to a TF.

JamesM -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 9:34:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I think he means in the ship selection screen when creating TF's or transferring ships to a TF.

That is exactly what I mean.

JamesM -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 9:35:16 AM)

tsimmonds -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 2:41:59 PM)

Has any consideration been given to limiting somehow the number of AKs that can unload supply over a beach (as for an invasion)? As it is, an infinite number of AKs can all unload simultaneously.

herwin -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 2:51:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

Has any consideration been given to limiting somehow the number of AKs that can unload supply over a beach (as for an invasion)? As it is, an infinite number of AKs can all unload simultaneously.

Same issue for ports.

Mike Solli -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 3:04:52 PM)

Good question.

jwilkerson -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 3:35:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Good question.

One of our "complete rewrite" areas for AE is the ship/beach/port load/unload system. Navy Team can provide more details (and have) but safe to say the inital tests of loading and unloading rates may have been changed to be TOO slow - though we are tweaking further, last round was much better.
[:)]

Mike Solli -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 3:52:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Good question.

One of our "complete rewrite" areas for AE is the ship/beach/port load/unload system. Navy Team can provide more details (and have) but safe to say the inital tests of loading and unloading rates may have been changed to be TOO slow - though we are tweaking further, last round was much better.
[:)]

Is there still an unlimited number of ships that can unload and that they can unload less per day or is there now a cap on the number of ships that can unload at one time? I sure hope the latter....

el cid again -> RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread (12/19/2007 5:06:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

Actually - this seems confused. OVER A BEACH the number SHOULD BE unlimited! It is in a port - at the much more efficient port loading rates - that restrictions are needed - both for number of ships - and also for size of ship. [My first ship - AKA-249 USS Francis Marion - was the last APA the US ever built. She carried 22 landing craft - and could land almost anywhere cargo as large as an M-60 tank - beach or not. So long as "anywhere" means "some suitable site near the objective" and not literally every meter of coast. If you have more ships, you do two things: spread out over more "beach" - wether or not it is actual beach; phase the landing craft: no reason you cannot have wave upon wave of them coming ashore from ships anchored out.]

Now theoretically a beach might be too small to permit an infinite number of ships to land. Normally - you just pick additional beaches. But some places there are no beaches at all - and what there are are very limited. Since we have no way to rate beaches - or even say "no landings here" (the entire west coast of Kerguelin Island - well actually most of the island except in the east - has NO suitable landing points - and we are talking over a thousand square mile island here - a wierd one I happen to know in detail). As a general rule, our hexes are so large there is a landing point. The only reason to limit landings might be for very tiny atols/islets.

Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI