RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Andrew Brown -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/3/2009 10:34:44 PM)

quote:

If it not too nitpicky, caould you guys change it from PH to Oahu? I have always hated this. The bases on the Island are far more than just PH (hickam, Wheelr, Ewa, Bellows, etc, etc, etc)

Not nitpicky, but I think it should remain as "Pearl Harbor" given that the name is so well known in the context of the Pacific war.

Andrew

wworld7 -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/3/2009 11:02:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

quote:

If it not too nitpicky, caould you guys change it from PH to Oahu? I have always hated this. The bases on the Island are far more than just PH (hickam, Wheelr, Ewa, Bellows, etc, etc, etc)

Not nitpicky, but I think it should remain as "Pearl Harbor" given that the name is so well known in the context of the Pacific war.

Andrew

+1

bradfordkay -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/4/2009 5:21:46 AM)

After all, those other installations were attacked on Dec 7 but the rallying cry did not become "Remember Oahu!"...

SuluSea -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/4/2009 4:04:36 PM)

quote:

Andrew

Agree 100%

Andrew, thanks for your dedication!!!

In the upcoming weeks or months is there any chance at all you can post a pic of the lower solomons for us to salivate over?

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/4/2009 7:54:28 PM)

Reminds me of playing UV for the first time and wondering: "Wtf is Lunga and where's Guadacanal?"

ny59giants -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/4/2009 9:20:42 PM)

Map questions from jrcar's AAR

His screenshot on post #38 shows a road vs trail (found in WitP-1) between Chungking to Sian. If true, this should help get supplies and troops from southern China to the northern half.

His screenshot on post #78 shows no trail or roads connecting Burma with India. It seems to show that there are breaks between the two. I don't think there is any way to build roads, so how will the Allies be supplied in '43 or later when they counter-attack into Burma??

Thanks in advance!

Panther Bait -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/4/2009 10:12:09 PM)

RE: Burma, I wonder if those big, hexside rivers count as a supply path.  There is a road to the river from Imphal, and the river flows by the main Burmese bases.

herwin -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/4/2009 10:41:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

RE: Burma, I wonder if those big, hexside rivers count as a supply path.  There is a road to the river from Imphal, and the river flows by the main Burmese bases.

They should, but I think you need AKs.

W T Door -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/5/2009 10:22:10 PM)

Is it known if there will be a hard copy map or a compendium of screen shots to make one's own?

Andrew Brown -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/5/2009 11:08:06 PM)

quote:

Rivers do not count as supply routes. Doing this was originally discussed, but it was not included in the project scope.

Andrew

Terminus -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/6/2009 3:45:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

Was looking at the AAR's belwo and .....

Do you really mean that???? You know this will set the timetable back by at least 60 days, and that's if Terminus doesn't get ahold of it before the others...

I don't care it they call it Tishamingo as long as the game gets out....

Pleeeeeeaaazszze. open file, click base name, back space twelve times, O-A-H-U. Done

Not going to happen.

Yamato hugger -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/6/2009 3:51:31 PM)

quote:

You can run AKs all the way up the Yellow river to Wuchow, but not in Burma.

witpqs -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/6/2009 3:57:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

Was looking at the AAR's belwo and .....

Do you really mean that???? You know this will set the timetable back by at least 60 days, and that's if Terminus doesn't get ahold of it before the others...

I don't care it they call it Tishamingo as long as the game gets out....

Pleeeeeeaaazszze. open file, click base name, back space twelve times, O-A-H-U. Done

Not going to happen.

Anybody who wants to can do the click-backspace-type shuffle on any base they want to just as soon as AE is released. [:)]

AW1Steve -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 8:42:06 PM)

Will the map change significantly? I use the map that Matrix sells of WITP for planning operations and plotting signit and other report info. I'm wondering if it will any use with AE. Does anyone know if Matrix will sell a map for AE?  Thanks.

bradfordkay -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 9:03:36 PM)

Steve, of course the map will change significantly. It starts out as 40 miles per hex instead of 60 and includes several off-map bases. Thus I have to say that your old operational wall map will be fairly useless, except as a general planning device.

jwilkerson -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 9:10:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Will the map change significantly? I use the map that Matrix sells of WITP for planning operations and plotting signit and other report info. I'm wondering if it will any use with AE. Does anyone know if Matrix will sell a map for AE?  Thanks.

Don't know if Matrix plans to seel a map - but if not - then worst case - pull the AE map panels into a photoshop like application - stitch them together - resize as desired - and take to Kinkos if want it printed!

AW1Steve -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 9:59:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Steve, of course the map will change significantly. It starts out as 40 miles per hex instead of 60 and includes several off-map bases. Thus I have to say that your old operational wall map will be fairly useless, except as a general planning device.

Thanks Brad.I should have figured that out on my own. [8|]

AW1Steve -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 10:01:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

quote:

Don't know if Matrix plans to seel a map - but if not - then worst case - pull the AE map panels into a photoshop like application - stitch them together - resize as desired - and take to Kinkos if want it printed!

Thanks Joe. Am I right in assuming that I could do the same thing with the current WITP? I'm not all that photoshop proficent, but if it's possible , I can find someone who is. [&o]

Terminus -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 10:17:07 PM)

You can certainly do the same thing with stock. The file format is exactly the same (AE is just much purtier)...

AW1Steve -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/20/2009 10:25:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

You can certainly do the same thing with stock. The file format is exactly the same (AE is just much purtier)...

Thanks T.

bradfordkay -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 5:54:38 AM)

quote:

quote:

Thanks Brad.I should have figured that out on my own. [8|]

No problem, Steve, that's what friends are for... to razz us when we stumble!

We are so detail oriented in our obsession with this game that I'll bet every single one of us have regularly overlooked the obvious while searching for the solution to some problem he is having.

wdolson -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 1:05:07 PM)

quote:

No problem, Steve, that's what friends are for... to razz us when we stumble!

We are so detail oriented in our obsession with this game that I'll bet every single one of us have regularly overlooked the obvious while searching for the solution to some problem he is having.

You only do that in the game? I'm impressed.

Bill
Who has been known to have done this waaaay too many times in the real world...

witpqs -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 2:53:41 PM)

Bradford,

I found an advance copy of the new AE map. Please don't tell Erik Rutins about this!

[image]local://upfiles/14248/DE310B4763214A599C74D3AB3AF0F973.jpg[/image]

51st Highland Div -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 3:02:11 PM)

Ha ha very funny..can i have mine laminated please complete with greasy pencil for updating the progress of the game lol [:)]

bradfordkay -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 4:52:45 PM)

Brings back memories of AH's 1776...

AW1Steve -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 9:27:00 PM)

So , can anyone tell me how to get either map, AE or WITP into a format that I take to a KInko's? CD-R? Flash-drive? Floppy disk? (stop laughing!)

HELP!! [&:]

witpqs -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 9:29:29 PM)

Steve,

Do you want to print in pieces then trim and tape them together or do you want to pay for one big printout?

AW1Steve -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 10:15:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Steve,

Do you want to print in pieces then trim and tape them together or do you want to pay for one big printout?

Either....both. I can invest in tape. Or I can take the big one to Kinko's. For the small scenarios , I've already starting printing 8x10 maps and that works well. Now I'm trying to do something for the Whole theatre.

witpqs -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/21/2009 11:13:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Steve,

Either....both. I can invest in tape. Or I can take the big one to Kinko's. For the small scenarios , I've already starting printing 8x10 maps and that works well. Now I'm trying to do something for the Whole theatre.

OK. Let me look into it to see an easy way to do it. I (obviously) don't have AE so I'll use stock and write down a generic procedure. It might involve software that you don't have, but I am only using free & open source software for this kind of thing anyway.

I'm no expert like some of the guys are. I have, however, been fooling around with the free downloads of topo maps from usgs.gov and getting them ready for printing in pieces (even after little editing). There are some steps in common with what you want to do.

Dili -> RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread (2/22/2009 7:06:59 PM)

You can have Gimp if you don't have Photoshop. http://www.gimp.org/

Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI