Two Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Alan_Bernardo -> Two Questions (12/18/2007 5:00:18 PM)

I have two questions that need clarification.

First, what is needed to free a conquered minor country? On page 41 of the manual, it says: "Major Powers can declare that any of their conquered minor countries that can have corps are now minor Free States."

As Prussia I am trying to declare a conquered minor country as free, but get the message "Cannot perform on this minor this phase."

I've just begun the Diplomacy phase and have made no moves toward any minors or major powers. In the selected conquered nation's information box, it says "2/1" under Money/Manpower. Does this mean that the minor can build a corps and as such has met what appears to be the only restriction to creating a free state?

My second questions deals with attempting to influence a minor country already under the influence of another major power.

I am trying to influence one minor which is currently a French ally and another minor that is French influenced. When I select the minor and then select the button "Attempt to manipulate minor nation", I get the message that a diplomatic team has been dispatched. Why am I not getting the screen that allows me to change the "investment modifier"? I have money in the bank.

Thanks,

Alan

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Two Questions (12/18/2007 5:10:55 PM)

Alan:

Good questions.

1. The minor nation needs to have corps counters available in order for you to declare it a freestate. Not all minors have these counters available. Which are you dealing with?

2. You are not allowed to add money when attempting to manipulate another MP's minor nation.

MartNick -> RE: Two Questions (12/18/2007 5:18:59 PM)

Hi

1.Is the minor state one of the countries that can produce corps? Hesse, Bavaria, Saxony, Hanover, Wurtemburg, Baden are examples. To check, click on the minor on the main map, then left click on the counter pool button (top right of the pop-up box, next to the X) if the counter pool is empty then I don't think you make make it a Free state it just stays conquered.

2. If the minor is an enemy Ally, I don't think you can spend money until it becomes neutral. I would like to know this for sure myself as well. And if there is any way to put more influence on that minor to make it neutral.

Marshall just got there before me [:)]

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Two Questions (12/18/2007 6:30:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Alan:

Good questions.

1. The minor nation needs to have corps counters available in order for you to declare it a freestate. Not all minors have these counters available. Which are you dealing with?

2. You are not allowed to add money when attempting to manipulate another MP's minor nation.

I get #2. I didn't realize that was the case. About #1, either a conquered minor has the ability to create a corps or it doesn't, and that doesn't change-- is this correct (gleaning this from MartNick's post)?

Thanks for the help,

Alan

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Two Questions (12/18/2007 7:23:53 PM)

Alan:

No, it doesn't change. Certain minors have corps counters available and some don't. You can click the small icon at the top right of the selected nation box (Top right of screen) which should show you if this minor has corps counters avaialble to be purchased. If they do then you can convert it to a freestate. If not then they can be downgraded to conquered.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI