looking to start a new game im based in uk (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted

luckythangood -> looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 1:12:14 PM)

Am an experienced eia player well from the past however cant wait to get a game going.
Want to set an evening aside each week or something like that.
Will need some help to get things going however i am very commited to seeing a game to its conclusion.

So whos in

praem -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 2:06:33 PM)

I'd bee interested - gmt +1.

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 2:16:06 PM)

hi

your in thats two

just keep regularly visiting and lets move things forward

any suggestions would be great

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 2:23:07 PM)

hi praem i see from your previous posts you can host would you be prepaired to do that in this one

regards

praem -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 2:44:41 PM)

I would prefer not to host, as I'm hosting another game - but if no one ells will, then sure...

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 2:49:39 PM)

thanks for that

well lets see what happens if you can guide me im happy to pick up the reigns

regards

praem -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/6/2008 2:55:19 PM)

sure - it isnt dificult

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 10:53:14 AM)

hi and morning

who wants in?

eske -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 11:24:34 AM)

I would like to be in... [:)]
GMT+1 (Denmark) should work fine with UK base, right ?

EiA'er from years back, but new to PBEM, so plz don't ask me to host just yet...

/eske

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 11:27:30 AM)

hi aske your in thats three so far

anything you feel we should do all views welcome

argaur -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 11:33:13 AM)

I´m interested too ;)

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 11:35:19 AM)

hi baren your in thats four can you host? i will help

bresh -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 2:30:59 PM)

Hi, there :)

Im from Denmark to, though only experience with EIA I had was one afternoon.

Im not sure how pbm works with this game, but im open to try it out, UK-based seems fine for me. GMt only +1 :)

Regards
Bresh

General von Alien -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 3:20:59 PM)

Hi all,

I'd like to play but I'm a new player.

At the moment I'm playing another game.

I'm italian, GMT +1.

Do you want to wait the patch?

Regards

bresh -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 3:43:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: General von Alien

Do you want to wait the patch?

Regards

Well patch is dated atm for wednesday 9/1. I doubt we can manage to start before.

Cheers
Bresh

General von Alien -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 5:35:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

Well patch is dated atm for wednesday 9/1.

I hope so! [:)]

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 9:20:32 PM)

hi all

general your in thats five plus bresh thats six need one more

yes we will wait for the patch

however when we have the seven we can discuss countrys etc and who will host ect

praem -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/7/2008 11:04:36 PM)

Lets discuss options:

Me vote would be:

Winter land movement: disabled (ho says infantry cant move in the mountains during winther when cavalry can?)
Guard commitment: enabled
Allow PBEM Host GA functions: enabled
Allow options change during game: enabled (if we change our minds during play)
Third paty combat system: disabled
PBEM-Hotseat password: enabled
Economic manipulation: enabled
GB and France start at war: enabled (and as a house rule - must demand unconditional)
Leader casualties: disabled
Privateer: enabled
PBEM quick combat: disabled

As for country selection - make the bids in GAP and send it to the host (when we have dicided who that is)

Regards
Praem

General von Alien -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 12:14:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: praem

Lets discuss options:

Me vote would be:

Winter land movement: disabled (ho says infantry cant move in the mountains during winther when cavalry can?)

Yes disabled or only cavalry.
Or if we simply add one movements point (except crossing rivers and sea crossing arrow)?
So, to enter in mountain or marsh areas cost three points, to enter in normal area cost two point.

OK

Ok

Wise

Ok

Ok

Ok

GB and France start at war: enabled (and as a house rule - must demand unconditional)

I don't have particular preference, all one

Ok

Ok

Ok

As for country selection - make the bids in GAP and send it to the host (when we have dicided who that is)

Ok

Regards
Praem

What do you think about another two house rules?

1- Supply limits per depot (four?)
2- Remove the Bernadotte leader (August 1810)

Cunctator -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 6:26:43 AM)

Hello,
I'm very interested on playing a multiplayer game.
I'm an italian player (GMT +1) who never played the boardgame version.
I tried this pc version completing 4 campaigns at hard level.
I would be very happy to join you.
I agree with all the optional rules you discussed, with the only exception of privateers (I never tried them).
If I'm accepted i will need an explanation on the Gap system.
Best regards

bresh -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 8:01:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: General von Alien

quote:

ORIGINAL: praem

Lets discuss options:

Me vote would be:

Yes disabled or only cavalry.
Or if we simply add one movements point (except crossing rivers and sea crossing arrow)?
So, to enter in mountain or marsh areas cost three points, to enter in normal area cost two point.

OK

Ok

Wise

Ok

Ok

Ok

I don't have particular preference, all one

Ok

Ok

Ok

Ok

Regards
Praem

What do you think about another two house rules?

1- Supply limits per depot (four?)
2- Remove the Bernadotte leader (August 1810)

Hi my ideas atm.

Winterland movement you cant add +1 move cost yourself(lets say you wanna forage?]. Eighter we play with it enabled or disabled. [unsure]
[Houserules]
1- I dont like it honestly. Lets say someone has 5 corps in the area with a depot, and another depot 1-2 areas away. How will you make the game pay ½ for 4 corps but 1-2$ for the 5+ ? Its to time consuming to administrate, and to check up on. [no]
2- I would add Bernadotte can still be used if Sweden is French free-state. [yes]
3- House rule British channel crossing on or off ? I dont remember if Marshall was gonna add it as a feature in the patch 1.01.[off]
4- Darnelles channel blocks movement unless Granted (dont remember the specific saying of the rule) [yes]

Other house rules dow on minors...
What prevents a nation to dow so that his "non-allied" pal doesnt get a cheap free-state ?

I dont know anything about GAP eighter.

Regards
Bresh

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 10:46:37 AM)

Hi all here is my take based on all your opinions so far

However i do feel that leader casualties should be enabled but i am in the minority. I like the randomness it makes every combat interesting. I to would like an explanation about privateers and there use.

Also Cunctator your in thats seven.

If everyone can just confirm there interest please we can get some bidding going.

Regards

General von Alien -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 12:18:17 PM)

Winterland movement
Unfortunately, the game can't to calculate the point less for the forage, but it isn't a big problem. I think that winter land movement penalty is too constrictive, IMHO.
Anyhow, normal option: I prefer enabled.

1. Ehm...no, I thought only four corps although in supply chain, so for the 5th corps you must to use "attempt to forage"; but you are right, this isn't practicable.

2. Much better.

3. Off

4. Yes. DARDANELLES CONTROL: Normally, the major power controlling Constantinople controls access through the Dardanelles sea area, but if Constantinople is besieged, no one controls access through the Dardanelles. Note that this makes it possible for any major powers to pass through the Dardanelles and also makes it possible for enemy fleets to enter the area to reach the Constantinople blockade box.

DOW on MC. How do you plan to do?

GAP, I need an explanation too.

Ciao Cunctator, un altro italiano fa sempre piacere.

luckythangood -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 12:24:15 PM)

Hi all

1. Ehm...no, I thought only four corps although in supply chain, so for the 5th corps you must to use "attempt to forage"; but you are right, this isn't practicable. (Agreed)

2. Much better. (agreed)

3. On  (it should be used in my view so on)

4. Yes. DARDANELLES CONTROL: Normally, the major power controlling Constantinople controls access through the Dardanelles sea area, but if Constantinople is besieged, no one controls access through the Dardanelles. Note that this makes it possible for any major powers to pass through the Dardanelles and also makes it possible for enemy fleets to enter the area to reach the Constantinople blockade box. (agreed)

i am also going to suggest that in the end who ever hosts gets final say on all options

my view on those points

eske -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 1:16:48 PM)

Going to have my vote too. But will go with the flo on all options):

Winter land movement: enabled (Think slightly better with than without...)
Allow options change during game: enabled
Leader casualties: enabled (like the randomness too, so minority on this growing ...)
Privateer: enabled (Never used it. Don't mind trying it out)

House rules:
1. 4 corps supply limit. No. Fine idea but not practical. (Same view on the +1 movement point in winter, by the way.)
2. Bernadotte. Yes. All of it. Adds historical flavor.
3. British channel crossing On - I think. But depends on what happens for naval in the patch. (Hence the 'options change during game')
4. Dardanelles Control. Yes. (Would enjoy being asked permission as Turk [:D])

DoW on allied minors: I think we should go with the game here. There's six other majors to limit number of allied minors, right
The GAP: works fine, I believe.

... and that was the votes from the jury of .... ?! Well, I'll know that after the bidding [;)]

/eske

argaur -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 1:45:12 PM)

Everything fine for me

General von Alien -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 2:43:27 PM)

Privateer:I never tried it.

While we're waiting the patch we can to start the bid procedure.
Host? Who is the volunteer?

Also, we need a name for the game [:)]
a. "The Old Europe"
b. "E.S.O. Campaign": Eleven years, Seven Kinkdoms, One Lord
c. "War & Peace" [:'(]
d...???
Any idea?

bresh -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 3:05:01 PM)

Hi, I wont bid before we know what options, sorry but some options/houserules could probably affect game.

As i said i dont know how pbm-game works, I only using webmail.
Havent checked if the game tries send with outlook or something.

Regards
Bresh

Cunctator -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 3:05:32 PM)

I suggest: Europe in Arms.

I confirm my interest, but i need explanation on Gap.

maximum bid?

what happens if 2 or more bids are identical on the same nation?

Sorry for those rookie questions...

bresh -> RE: looking to start a new game im based in uk (1/8/2008 3:09:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cunctator

I suggest: Europe in Arms.

I confirm my interest, but i need explanation on Gap.

what happens if 2 or more bids are identical on the same nation?

Sorry for those rookie questions...

Cant be sure, but think you put in bids as host when starting the game. Then add identical bids in the bidding order it has, it choses random.
Though maybe somebody could confirm it :)

Regards
Bresh

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI