RE: worst movies ever! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

lancerunolfsson -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/16/2008 11:57:43 PM)

quote:

Fantasy Mission Force

This sounds like the kind of movie everyone has to have in their collection of DVDs just to brag on but never watch.

quote:

Totally worst movie - any WW2 John Wayne movie,

Have you ever seen "Singing Sandy"? Movie starts with a very young John Wayne riding his horse playing a guitar and singing a cowboy song. A guy comes stumbleing out of the brush on to the trail and falls over in the middel of the trail (can't swear to it But I think he had a knife in his back). The Duke gets off his horse walks over to the guy and asks "Are ya hurt?"

Arctic Blast -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/17/2008 1:11:20 AM)

For me, I don't count movies that are undoubtedly awful, but end up being so hilariously bad they're entertaining (eg Battlefield Earth, Extreme Ops, 99% of ninja movies ever made).

So, for me, immediately coming to mind are...Pearl Harbor, Batman & Robin, Independence Day, the Hollywood Godzilla flick and Bandits (I hated the fact the 2 guys spent the movie fighting over the whiny, screaming harpy.)

anarchyintheuk -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/17/2008 6:04:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jnier

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Flash Gordon is up there.

Flash Gordon was a tongue-in-cheek tribute to the comic strip, radio show, and tv show that originally inspired the movie. Camp at its best. I think some folks took it a little too seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8KVG8j68I&feature=related

And Max Von Sydow as Ming the Merciless was awesomely cartoonish over-the-top evil. Almost as good as his character in Strange Brew.

There's a fine line between kitsch and crap. I think that film went way, way, way over that line.

JAMiAM -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/17/2008 6:31:19 PM)

Anything with Adam Sandler.

fvianello -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/18/2008 12:54:40 AM)

Nothing can be worse than an Italian trash movie titled: "A werewolf against Mafia"

Charles2222 -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/18/2008 12:07:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

Nothing can be worse than an Italian trash movie titled: "A werewolf against Mafia"

You obviously haven't seen Turkish Star Wars then.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/18/2008 9:49:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

omg, Master and Commander may be the BEST movie in its genre, Why? The relationships between the officers, the junior officers men of the gun crews, and the MAster and sergion are developed in greeat detail, with a great score and riviting drama.. just to show U to each his own lol!!!

I especially like how real the scenes are as my house shakes under the subwoofers roar of cannon!

I'm with you 100% on that movie. Crank up the Denon recviever with 5.1 on and let the subwoofer shake the floor ! Great movie with the sounds cranked way up.

JamesM -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/18/2008 10:59:41 PM)

I liked Flash Gordon, it was a tongue and cheek film with some great one liners!

Worse file, I agree that the Thin Red Line is one of them, but the file that I walked out of after on 5 minutes was National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1, it was garbage!

JudgeDredd -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/19/2008 3:03:30 AM)

Oh...that's on telly at the weekend, but I'll doubt I'll be watching.

mjk428 -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/19/2008 6:23:15 AM)

quote:

Curse of Bigfoot (1976).
A ridiculously sloppy pastiche of film from different decades and genres, all cobbled together into a barely coherent narrative about a back-from-the-dead Bigfoot mummy, or something. There are remnants of a half-finished, early '60s horror film combined with '70s high school classroom footage, along with stock Hollywood wildlife footage from all different climates and decades, and what appears to be an industrial logging film. Bigfoot himself looks like a fifth-grader's papier mâché project... Anyway, some creep lectures a class of '70s high schoolers about how -- extended flashback here -- in the early '60s a teacher and teenage archaelogy students find a Bigfoot mummy in a Southwestern cave. The Bigfoot mummy comes to life and attacks a sheriff in an orange grove, then the teens douse Bigfoot with gasoline and set him ablaze. The end

http://www.stevemandich.com/otherstuff/bigfootonfilm.htm

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen. Should never be viewed alone but worth a watch with friends and libation.

Canoerebel -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/19/2008 7:08:58 AM)

Worst movies ever?

Thin Red Line
Wind Talkers
Pearl Harbor
The Eagle Has Landed (Larry Hagman's character - awful)
Napolean Dynamite
E.T.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
2001 A Space Odyssey

All those are bad, but the worst movie I've ever seen was the movie sequel to Gilligan's Island (Return to Gilligans Island, Escape from Gilligan's Island, or something like that).

Edited to add other incredibly bad movies:
Dances With Wolves (Paternaski's post reminded me of this one - I hate it)
Cold Mountain
Water World
Soylent Green
I Dismember Mama

ilovestrategy -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/19/2008 7:13:41 AM)

The worst I can think of right now is MegaForce. Canoerebel, I agree with ya on ET.

06 Maestro -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/19/2008 4:56:02 PM)

I'm not changing my vote for MegaForce, but there is another that must be mentioned. It may have been a Steven King film, the "Langoliers". there were a couple of decent actors, but the movey was off cue and just plain dumb.

E19A -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/20/2008 6:25:02 PM)

you guys are missing Hitch HIkers Guide. Hollywood should not redo Brit comedy!!!

ezzler -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/20/2008 7:09:47 PM)

Spaceballs

Any movie where people jump from height and go ' WHHHOOOOOAAAAA' [ basically lethal weapon 1-4 ]

Jevhaddah -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/20/2008 10:09:41 PM)

'The Money Pit' With Tom hanks and wossname woman from Cheers... Absolutely dire and I sat thru the whole thing, but was safely intoxicated by the end of the film sooo my sanity was partialy protected. [:D]

Cheers

Jev

zaquex -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 4:15:33 AM)

Worst movie: Bad Taste, its so bad in everything, acting, props, Camera mistakes, you name it, that it in the end actually makes me giggle hystericly

Most boring movie: Solaris

Anything with Chuck Norris would have a spot on my worst list.

Marauders -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 8:15:50 AM)

The worst movie I ever saw in a theater: Deadly Friend.  My friend liked campy horror flicks, so we went, but it was pure crap!

The film Ed Wood was really bad, as are the Batman films done by Tim Burton.

Star Wars, The Phantom Menace made me want to kill Jar Jar and strangle whom ever casted Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker.  I am not sure it would have made that much a difference, as the film was poorly written and directed by George "let's change Star Wars into Roger Rabbit" Lucas.

As for Close Encounters of the Third Kind and 1941, those are classic films.  The DVD edit of 1941 isn't as good as the original film.  The added scenes should have stayed on the cutting room floor.

Master and Commander?  In my opinion, it is a great film with a very good script and superb acting.

Canoerebel -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 5:04:47 PM)

Some other nominations for bad films:

Day of the Dolphin (starring George C. Scott) - I doubt anybody remembers this movie; my mother was an extra, and when we went to see it we were the only people in the theater).

Ice Station Zebra - Great book, lousy movie.

The second and third Jurassic Park movies.

marcusm -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 7:12:04 PM)

2001 is only the most realistic Sci Fi movie ever made. Script written
by the best Sci Fi author alive. Arthur C. Clarke. Yes, it might not appeal
to those who think Teddy Bears(aka Star Wars) has anything to do with Sci Fi.

Some perspectives
IMDB Rating 8.4/10 (rated no 80 best movie in history).

Same with Thin Red Line. 7.4
Making both these among the top tier rated movies in general.

Dances with Wolves 7.9/10

Terminus -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 7:43:40 PM)

All three films are HORRIBLE!!!

Are you going to say that Bullit was good as well?

Mike Scholl -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 7:47:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezz

Spaceballs

Any movie where people jump from height and go ' WHHHOOOOOAAAAA' [ basically lethal weapon 1-4 ]

I thought SPACEBALLS was a hoot. The "We Brake for Nobody!" bumper sticker alone was worth the admission.

Terminus -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 7:49:57 PM)

Hysterically funny, along with Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.[:D][:D][:D]

marcusm -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 7:50:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

All three films are HORRIBLE!!!

Are you going to say that Bullit was good as well?

Let's put it this way. There is no way someone like you could appreciate Bullit.
Fair enough? Toilet humour ala Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein seems more like your fare.

Nevermind trying to grasp advanced concepts like 2001 :).

Obviously Steve McQueen was a crap actor compared to your hero, Jean Claude Van Damne?

Arctic Blast -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 11:27:31 PM)

Wow, maybe I'm just tired, but, seriously, marcus, if your self importance grows much more, you're at serious risk of exploding.

Anyway, back to the point...I had forgotten how truly awful Windtalkers is until somebody put it on during an extended break at work. Actually, Nicholas Cage, period, tends to star in movies that are dreck.

marcusm -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 11:38:05 PM)

But seriously Arctic. Slamming 2001? Stanley Kubrick? Steve McQueen. How can anyone be taken
seriously after that. This is the result of being grown up with junk culture, I can see no other explanation.

Arctic Blast -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/21/2008 11:51:18 PM)

I dunno, I seem to fall in the middle. I like 2001, and I also like Blazing Saddles.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/22/2008 12:01:07 AM)

Except for the fact that it inspired the first scene in History of the World Part I, 2001 belongs in the steaming pile category.

marcusm -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/22/2008 12:03:49 AM)

quote:

Except for the fact that it inspired the first scene in History of the World Part I, 2001 belongs in the steaming pile category.

Yeah and such unimportant things like HAL ;).

Kubrick is one of the greatest director ever, everyone with even the tiniest knowledge of movies knows this. If you don't then you simply haven't focused enough.

2001 is one of the few actual <b>Science</b> Fiction movies made. It has inspired thousands of real actual scientists. How many movies can brag about that?

I Have come to the realisation that this is probably an age thing. Some people are brought up with Star Wars and thought that was Sci Fiction. I read the books instead. 2001 is one of the few movies that pays attention to real physics but still has a compelling visionary story to tell. To understand the impact HAL had one has tobe somewhat older.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/22/2008 12:23:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

quote:

Yeah and such unimportant things like HAL ;).

Kubrick is one of the greatest director ever, everyone with even the tiniest knowledge of movies knows this. If you don't then you simply haven't focused enough.

2001 is one of the few actual <b>Science</b> Fiction movies made. It has inspired thousands of real actual scientists. How many movies can brag about that?

I Have come to the realisation that this is probably an age thing. Some people are brought up with Star Wars and thought that was Sci Fiction. I read the books instead. 2001 is one of the few movies that pays attention to real physics but still has a compelling visionary story to tell. To understand the impact HAL had one has tobe somewhat older.

I thought he was a very hit and miss director. I never saw much of his early work, but I loved Paths of Glory, Barry Lyndon (I'm not sure why actually), The Shining, Clockwork Orange . . .

Was ok with Dr. Strangelove.

Hated 2001, Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut (its only saving grace was full frontal nudity) and Lolita.

Don't know any of his other movies offhand.

My enjoyment of a movie is not directly related to the number of scientists inspired.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI