RE: worst movies ever! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

marcusm -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/22/2008 12:32:55 AM)

Barry Lyndon is a favorite of mine too, it takes up an era almost never shown before on movies.
Good battle scenes too.

It shouldn't be but since it was a Science Fiction movie I felt it had some relevance.

Like I said. Probably an age thing. Most in my generation that I spoken to, love his movies.
AI was his last movie but it was actually finished by Steven Spielberg. It is the only Kubrick
movie I have some issues with. Lolita wasn't my thing either but mostly because the subject matter
is a bit disgusting (I know the book it's based on welll).

Guess there's not much point in mentioning my personal greatest director favorites. De Sica and Fellini.
Italian Neo realism is in my book the best cineastic art there is.

SemperAugustus -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/22/2008 3:57:39 AM)

How about Force 10 from Navarone? I thought it was terrible.

ilovestrategy -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/22/2008 7:43:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SemperAugustus

I hated that movie! Just awful!

Brigz -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/23/2008 5:17:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SemperAugustus

Good call. A horrible movie.

cdbeck -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/23/2008 6:57:40 AM)

It was widely proven by MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000) that Manos: The Hands of Fate was the worst movie ever made. I never saw it, or the MST3K episode, but apparently you lose sanity after seeing it.

I'm a huge fan of of B-grade horror though - which are so "bad" they are "good," particularly Lovecraft based ones.

Such as:
  • The Dunwich Horror (Lovecraft based movie starring Quantum Leap/Battlestar Galactica's Dean Stockwell with an Afro).
  • Evil Dead Series (admit it, they are so bad, they are good)
  • Re-animator (Something about Lovecraft films) - This film has the most twisted scene with a reanimated severed head that you can imagine
  • Phantasm - we literally laughed our butts off - a gateway to Jupiter, revived corpses, gravity making them dwarves?
  • Dagon - Suprisingly good... Lovecraft with NUDITY!
But to answer the question. The worst movie ever was undoubtably, due to its complete lack of continuity, severe disappointment, and the fact it was "written out" of the series, was Highlander 2. Wow... it takes a lot to make a sequel be officially IGNORED as part of the canon of a series. Aliens... Spainard/Egyptian/Immortal/Sean Connery... the sun scorching the earth... not much to like here!

SoM

SemperAugustus -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/23/2008 4:54:46 PM)

B movies are a bit too easy to rack down on though, e.g.

MAC and Me - ET clone meets product placement
Pulgasari: The Legendary Monster - North Korean Godzilla clone made by kidnapped South Koreans

Anything with a skull marking in bad movies http://www.badmovies.org/movies/

Or pretty much any movie with David Carradine in a leading role from 1980s and 1990s

HansBolter -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/23/2008 6:21:48 PM)

Thin Red Line....one of the MOST boring war movies EVER made!

mdiehl -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/23/2008 6:49:20 PM)

MST3K did a very good job identifying stinkers. I can say from viewing that Manos: Hands of Fate is the sort of movie that could lead to insanity if one did not have beer and Mike Nelson to make light of it. It's alot like Plan 9, except, well, alot worse. I once heard it described as a "UCal undergraduate cinematography class project that ran out of money halfway through."

Another stinker that MST3K brought to the surface was "Mitchell" (starring, quite believably, Joe Don Baker).

Arctic Blast -> RE: worst movies ever! (1/25/2008 10:39:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

MST3K did a very good job identifying stinkers. I can say from viewing that Manos: Hands of Fate is the sort of movie that could lead to insanity if one did not have beer and Mike Nelson to make light of it. It's alot like Plan 9, except, well, alot worse. I once heard it described as a "UCal undergraduate cinematography class project that ran out of money halfway through."

Another stinker that MST3K brought to the surface was "Mitchell" (starring, quite believably, Joe Don Baker).

Aaaah, Mitchell. I love the ridiculous 'debates' in that movie...the one between Mitchell and some kid on a bike, and the other, between the crime boss and his butler (played by Merlin Olsen, oddly enough) over whether Olsen can cook or not.

Well, last night at work, some 'genius' threw in Bad Boys 2. I knew this movie would be bad...it was worse than expected. Ugh.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI