RE: Trivia #11 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Shark7 -> RE: Trivia #11 (2/2/2008 5:41:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavey

I carried 2 torpedoes ...
[:D]

I guess the keyword is "carried"; looking at the computer model, I can't see how these fish could launch w/o turning the tank into a submarine!

I suppose they could have armed the torps, started the screws somehow, then dropped the things into the water over the sides of the vehicle. At reasonably short distances, they might have been able to hit barriers, or a ship at anchor. Not that this would have been particularly effective, though...

Yes, but desperation will always bring out the best and worst in all of us. Designs such as this are no different. In some ways it is very innovative, but at the same time the chances of it working are pretty slim.

String -> RE: Trivia #11 (2/3/2008 1:10:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

quote:

quote:

I guess the keyword is "carried"; looking at the computer model, I can't see how these fish could launch w/o turning the tank into a submarine!

I suppose they could have armed the torps, started the screws somehow, then dropped the things into the water over the sides of the vehicle. At reasonably short distances, they might have been able to hit barriers, or a ship at anchor. Not that this would have been particularly effective, though...

Yes, but desperation will always bring out the best and worst in all of us. Designs such as this are no different. In some ways it is very innovative, but at the same time the chances of it working are pretty slim.

Well then again, it doesn't look like they spent a lot of resources on those things, so i guess it didn't hurt to try, never know when they might have hit something useful.

rtrapasso -> RE: Trivia #11 (2/3/2008 3:50:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: String

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well then again, it doesn't look like they spent a lot of resources on those things, so i guess it didn't hurt to try, never know when they might have hit something useful.

Actually, the DID spend quite a few resources on these little schemes: for instance, thousands (tens of thousands, iirc) of workers were tied up in the "balloon bomb" project - the crowning achievement of which managed to kill a couple of boy scouts and a den mother and set a couple of minor forest fires.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI