RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/8/2008 6:12:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greg Wilcox

quote:

ORIGINAL: rsharp@advancedgamin

Hey folks,

We had updated the autorun.exe (Game Menu) for 3.9. That patch, and not the full installer which is not available yet, had the old autorun.exe file with the new resource files the exe depends on. This mismatch leads to the error and it was my mistake.

I've made the updated game menu available here.

http://computerharpoon.com/public/UpdatedGameMenu.zip

If you want to use the game menu and shortcut then you can grab that archive and unzip it to your H3 directory. Otherwise, you can wait until the next patch release which will have the proper files.

Thanks for the reports and time.

We've uploaded a new version that includes the updated Game Menu.

-Greg

Thats the one I am using. Like I said, no big deal but the manual and adv manual links on the new menu are broken.

Greg Wilcox -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/8/2008 6:53:18 PM)

It actually seems to be something to do with the way the menu interacts with the latest Adobe Reader. If you do a three fingered salute and check your processes you'll see that Adobe is running but it's not showing anything. We'll get that fixed.

-Greg

Bucks -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/9/2008 4:34:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greg Wilcox

It actually seems to be something to do with the way the menu interacts with the latest Adobe Reader. If you do a three fingered salute and check your processes you'll see that Adobe is running but it's not showing anything. We'll get that fixed.

-Greg

Greg,

I can confirm the issue here as well. I don't believe I've updated the splash screen as I've simply been using the Beta builds internally available to AGSI testers. I'd have to agree with the assumption it's related to the Adobe reader, as I looked at the 16 instances of AcroRd32.exe displayed in the task manager with surprise to say the least [X(]

Cheers

Darren

Aerohead -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/9/2008 3:26:34 PM)

Thank you for all your hard work progressing the game towards a version 3.9 release!

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 1:35:22 AM)

Just an FYI.  I don't get instances of Adobe reader running in the background when I click the manual button on the H3 launcher.  The link doesn't work.  I'm using the MOST recent adobe reader v8.1.2

Does anyone else get the alutdll error when trying to view pictures in the database? 

mgarnett -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 12:55:53 PM)

I get an error that says "This application has failed to start because dtUtil.dll was not found" for HMW.exe when attempting to view pictures in the database.

Bucks -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 2:24:39 PM)

Try looking in your C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare\Delta3d, folder if that exists.

The file you're looking for should be found in there. As well as the colour photos, there's a limited number of 3D models available for some of the platforms.

If this is the only file missing you should be fine and it's possibly a failure in the Beta Installation file. I had a similiar issue myself during 3.9 development and we were able to fix it fairly quickly. I have one question though. Does this happen with all pictures or just a few? Point being that it may be related to the available 3D models as not all platforms that have new photos/images also have 3D models.

I've made the Delta3d directory files available at the HUD3 site and you can DL the nearly 6MB file here: URL REMOVED simply unzip to the ANW directory and see how that goes. I'll be out for the next few+ hours so I hope this works and will check back later.

I also hope that this will solve the alutdll error some people have been having. Again if you have any further errors/issues please let us know and we'll get to work on finding a solution ASAP.

Cheers

Darren

-edit Russell removed the link to an old version of the Delta3d dependencies.

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 5:48:03 PM)

I downloaded the delta3d zip.  Now I get the dtUtil error.

Knaust -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 8:08:05 PM)

Trying to dl the patch, but the server is always busy...anything wrong?

Bucks -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 9:18:55 PM)

Knaust,

Just tried from "Downunder" and it lets me have the file almost immediately. Is the connection timing out or you simply can't connect to the server at all?

Cheers

Darren

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 9:49:19 PM)

There wew many additional files in the new delta3d zip than werent in my delta3d folder.  Apparently many files were missing in the beta patch.  Should I have "ext" folder in the delta3d folder?  It appears to have some duplicate files (such as alut.dll)  This file can be found both in the Delta3d folder and the ext folder.  None of the database pictures work for me.

Knaust -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 11:07:07 PM)

Damn...it was GetRight...strange....downloading with Windows downloader

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 11:31:34 PM)

Howdy folks,

If you are getting an error reporting a missing alut.dll or any other DLL file then first check if the file exists under the game folders \Delta3d\ or \Delta3d\ext\. If it exists, copy the contents of the \Delta3d\ext\ folder into the \Delta3d\ folder and try again.

Also, did you reboot after installation of Harpoon 3.9?

If it does not exist then you can grab the complete set of Delta3d dependencies from here:

http://www.computerharpoon.com/public/Delta3d_Dependencies_For_Harpoon_39.zip

In either case, please remind me what OS you are using, what access you have(do you log in as an adminstrative user?), and if one of these fixed your problem.

Please do not post any of the game files as this leads to corrupted installs. The only sources of the Harpoon 3 game files will be myself or representatives of Matrix.

Thanks,

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 11:38:34 PM)

Concerning the loading of the PDF manual,

You can check for background process by loading the Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL key combo) and looking under the Processes tab.

Also, you can view the manual by going to the game directory and finding the manual files under the \Manuals\ directory.

Please let me know if a) there are still no processes listed after you've used the link in the autorun menu and b) if the manual loads up fine when opened directly.

Thanks,

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/13/2008 11:58:59 PM)

Copied all files from ext to Delta3d.  Still get error when trying to view pictures.  "This application has failed to start becasue dtUtil.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem".  dtUtil is located in botht the ext and Delta3d folders now. 

Rebooted comp after install.

Windows XP SP2 (completely up to date).

I can open the manuals by going to the manual directoty but nothing happens when I click on the manual link on the main menu.  I dont even have any instances of adobe reader running in the background. 

Bucks -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/14/2008 4:18:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rsharp@advancedgamin

Please do not post any of the game files as this leads to corrupted installs. The only sources of the Harpoon 3 game files will be myself or representatives of Matrix.

Thanks,

Apologies to all concerned if I've caused any issues. My intention was simply to help others out and NOT mess up your installation. I wont post any files/links etc EVER again.

Thanks

Darren

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/14/2008 4:58:09 AM)

Question:  After I moved all the files form Delta3D and ext into the main H2 directory, the game works and I can access the database pictures.  I noticed there are many missing.  I expected this as I know its a work in progress but I just want to make sure....the database of pics isnt complete right?  Or...am I still missing files?

TonyE -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/14/2008 5:28:56 AM)

The database of pictures does not cover every platform in the database, that is correct.  It is a bear of a task and Darren deserves every kudo he is given on that front!  I played a minor and very shared (with CV32 and shark7) role using his work on photos for inclusion in HCE and wouldn't want to be in Darren's shoes [:(].

Bucks -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (2/14/2008 5:32:04 AM)

Kegel,

The initial set of photos is limited to those found within the USNI version of the game. I am currently working on making those not shipped with the USNI/H3ANW 3.9 versions.

So far I am about 4/5ths of the way through the preparation and uploading of the aircraft photos now. You can take a look here: http://hud3.harpoon5.com/hud3_aircraft_gallery.htm I'm nowhere near finished but so far here's a breakdown of what the site will contain.

Aircraft 01 - 50 -> 116 images
Aircraft 51 - 100 -> 96 images
Aircraft 101 - 150 -> 102 images
Aircraft 151 - 200 -> Completing it now
Aircraft 201 - 226 -> As above

As you can see there are only 226 individual platform picsets, with multiples for a lot of them.

I'll add extras as I find them and hope to have everything ready to go over the weekend when we all play Harpoon I hope [;)]

Cheers

Darren

Kegel -> RE: Harpoon 3ANW Beta Patch v3.9.0 RC5 Uploaded to Members Only (3/17/2008 8:17:18 PM)

I take it this is still expired? I still have the download available in my private download section. Has it been updated for the expiration issue?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI