RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (4/3/2008 11:08:31 PM)

Well, another great season is in the books. Now, taking a break for about a month and a half or more (or less) and then will return to begin season four. Meanwhile, here's what's happening...

- Currently working on an awards page and should have it uploaded soon.

- Waiting for the next MF update as has yet to touch it at all while wrapping up this season. So, will be playing around with the next update to see what it can do. However, also like to wait for jdhalfrack to release his special importer utility that will allow folks to save most of their current league stats and history and import it into the update. He's hit a glitch with it, but hoping he can work things out.

- Once patch/update is applied, will be assessing each team and updating draft profiles based on team needs. Don't know if the game spits out a draft log. If so, will try to post it. If not, will be posting a quick glimpse at the first round draft picks, as usual.

- There won't be any coaching changes this offseason. But, will be doing quite a bit of work on updating game plans and game situations as a result of new features from the MF update.

Stay tuned.

bopboppob -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (4/3/2008 11:39:54 PM)

quote:

- Currently working on an awards page and should have it uploaded soon.

Yes my question has been answered![:)]

garysorrell -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (4/4/2008 1:21:14 AM)

You can view the draft for each year. Dont think it prints out a hardcopy though.

[image]local://upfiles/15334/3E9C925CE6B54F8099B5EC1A48EBE500.jpg[/image]

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (4/4/2008 11:02:51 AM)

Ok. The site has been updated with an awards & season records area.

When at site click on 'Awards & Season Records.'

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/10/2008 10:47:31 AM)

Just finished the draft.

Site has been updated with a quick glimpse at the first round picks.

garysorrell -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/11/2008 2:46:48 AM)

Hey DT, did Cape City lose anyone to retirement?

Reaser -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/11/2008 7:48:13 AM)

yes!!!!!  we got the DB we needed, I was calling all last season for a DB and we get the steal of the draft getting Dayton first round...

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/11/2008 10:35:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Hey DT, did Cape City lose anyone to retirement?

Yes. Here ya go...

Holton OL
Sales DL
Hillock DL
vanHuisen DB

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/11/2008 10:45:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reaser

yes!!!!!  we got the DB we needed, I was calling all last season for a DB and we get the steal of the draft getting Dayton first round...

Great pick up. But the Makos also lost some bigtime players to retirement...

Peppercorn RB (age 30) played 3 seasons
Kennedy QB (age 28) played 3 seasons
Clay WR (age 28) played 3 seasons
Flethcer RB (age 26) played 1 season

Is this normal (NFL wise) for players to retire in their late 20's. I'm not sure why MF is not more tollerant to keep good players around well into their 30's. But, from what I've heard retirement is random.

dreamtheatervt -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/11/2008 7:49:40 PM)

Career lengths in the NFL are usually determined by the teams rather than the player.  Most players who "retire" that early retire uncerimoniously after being cut in camp, which really skews the "4 year career" average the NFL always talks about.  Players 48-53 on the roster are usually "interchangable parts"; a 5th receiver, 4th TB, or a 3rd string LB who plays special teams, someone which can be replaced by someone cheaper and of equal ability next year by a street FA.

In general starters retire due to age (Farve), a serious injury (David Pollack), or a series of nagging injuries; most other people are forced out of the league because they can't find a team willing to take them. 

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/12/2008 11:41:29 PM)

Season 4 schedule just released. It's simply flipped (home/away) from last season.

Once at site click on schedule link for a quick look.

Made a few graphic updates this offseason. Here's what I've been up to...

- Most teams now have alternate pants, but mostly for away games. Also did some slight alterations on a few team unis.

- Phased out the Merenge Stadium (single deck) model. The Tigers, Brahmas, Tritons and Rangers have had their stadiums upgraded to the Merenge Double Deck model. It's just more consistent with the larger stadiums that all the other teams play in.

- The Bulldogs have also been upgraded from the Merenge Stadium model to the Coliseum model (Bulldog Coliseum). Since they represent the largest city it's only appropriate that they play in the largest stadium in the league.

- The Stallions have been switched to the Arena Stadium model. It's a single deck, but such a beautiful model and a perfect fit for the Stallions.

- The Metro Bowl has been polished up a bit with a little more glitz, including festive bunting.

I hope to start season 4 as soon as the hack playbooks 3 are released. I'm quite excited about those.

Stay tuned.

Reaser -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/16/2008 11:02:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DreamTeams

Great pick up. But the Makos also lost some bigtime players to retirement...

Peppercorn RB (age 30) played 3 seasons
Kennedy QB (age 28) played 3 seasons
Clay WR (age 28) played 3 seasons
Flethcer RB (age 26) played 1 season

Is this normal (NFL wise) for players to retire in their late 20's. I'm not sure why MF is not more tollerant to keep good players around well into their 30's. But, from what I've heard retirement is random.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peppercorn, damn...

I was hoping for a new QB soon but Kennedy was awesome so that's a blow but losing Peppercorn pisses me off...

Might be a rebuilding year but hopefully the guys can get it done and get back in the playoffs again...

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/17/2008 9:57:07 PM)

The River Heights Warriors will be playing in a new model.

local8h just released his Metro Field model. This will be the new model for Warrior Field.

chad56s -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/20/2008 11:01:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DreamTeams

The River Heights Warriors will be playing in a new model.

local8h just released his Metro Field model. This will be the new model for Warrior Field.

New stadium, new quarterback, nowhere to go but up...it's a going to be a good season for the Warriors.

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/21/2008 9:58:41 PM)

Just added stadium pages to the sight. Get a quick glimpse at each team's stadium by clicking on the 'Team Locker Rooms' link.

Enjoy.

Marauders -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/21/2008 10:24:55 PM)

Will MacNuir start over Martinez for the Dragons?

Martinez has the ring, but MacNuir looks like the real deal.

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/22/2008 3:19:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Will MacNuir start over Martinez for the Dragons?

Martinez has the ring, but MacNuir looks like the real deal.

Yep. Checked out the depth chart and MacNuir has been given the starting position. Also ran an autofill to confirm and, shure enough, it's MacNuir.

bopboppob -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/22/2008 4:32:47 PM)

[&o]--stadiums

Frido1207 -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/23/2008 1:47:49 AM)

Have to agree with bopboppob, your stadiums are really eyecatchers.
But surprisingly your endzone art wasn´t that originally as i expected. But still nice.

DreamTeams -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/23/2008 4:04:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: th1207

Have to agree with bopboppob, your stadiums are really eyecatchers.
But surprisingly your endzone art wasn´t that originally as i expected. But still nice.

Thanks for the compliments, th1207. You noticed. It's true, my endzones are quite simple. But, that's purposeful as I love a somewhat plain field where the play takes center stage. In fact, I only recently added mid-field art. I'd go with the plain or cross striped endzone and no field art, but that's a tad too simple for my taste. Also, you'll notice that my stadiums have very little to no advertising in them outside team and league ads. Once again, the game takes center stage. Being able to customize the grafics for individual taste is the beauty of MaxF.

Reaser -> RE: Metro Football League - Season 3 (5/28/2008 7:38:07 AM)

Makos even have the best stadium....

Season 4 champions, mark it down....

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI