Ottoman surrender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

boogada -> Ottoman surrender (3/20/2008 11:50:42 AM)

is there any specific reason why the british troops disappear off the map after the OE surrender, while the russians, french, germans, and the british HQ units are still there?

[&:] [:@]

FrankHunter -> RE: Ottoman surrender (3/20/2008 7:40:30 PM)

None at all. Is the save available?

boogada -> RE: Ottoman surrender (3/20/2008 9:25:44 PM)

youve got mail

wargamer123 -> RE: Ottoman surrender (3/23/2008 3:48:58 AM)

Good thing you might like to know is lost about 100,000 men trying to Reinforce and hold Western Turkey during this game. Only due to attrittion alone!

Quickly Supply dissipates inside the newly formed Turkey, but some places kept enough to prevent total disease and dessertion

jomni -> RE: Ottoman surrender (3/31/2008 6:44:31 AM)

I dont think they disappear. I think they are transported outside the borders of OE.
When I played a game as TE and conquered Germany, my troops shifted to their starting positions within their national borders. But the victory condition is already met so it doesn't matter. Can developers comment?

wurger54 -> RE: Ottoman surrender (4/1/2008 5:06:12 AM)

In a recent game I had 3 Brit corps and a couple of cav units disappear when Turkey rolled over. The HQs in the area remained. I'm not sure but I think these units showed up a turn or two later in Greece, which was the nearest active theater. Unfortunately I don't have the saves. [:(]

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

I dont think they disappear. I think they are transported outside the borders of OE.
When I played a game as TE and conquered Germany, my troops shifted to their starting positions within their national borders. But the victory condition is already met so it doesn't matter. Can developers comment?

Sabre21 -> RE: Ottoman surrender (4/2/2008 7:36:15 AM)

Ok..I don't mean to derail your thread, but how do you get British forces into Turkey. I know you could walk them there from Egypt, but can you do an invasion like what was done at Gallipoli?

jomni -> RE: Ottoman surrender (4/2/2008 7:54:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

Ok..I don't mean to derail your thread, but how do you get British forces into Turkey. I know you could walk them there from Egypt, but can you do an invasion like what was done at Gallipoli?

have control and send amphibious missions in Atlantic, Eastern Med, and Western Med. Then you can send your Corps from England to Turkey , or Alexandria.

talldwarf -> RE: Ottoman surrender (4/2/2008 7:19:55 PM)

Or, take off from an Italian port.  Then you only need one amphib to get them from England to France, then another from Italy to Turkey.  It takes longer, but it is cheaper in terms of ships.

SMK-at-work -> RE: Ottoman surrender (4/3/2008 2:15:44 PM)

Sabre the mechanism for amphibious assault is that you can launch as many as you have transport ships on "Amphib" in the sea zone.  If launching from outside that sea zone then you need to have a continuous chain of transports on amphib connecting the troops to their target - ie in every sea zone in between.

So if launching from England to Turkey you need them in the North Atlantic and also both halves of the Med.

Each ship can only transport 1 unit - corps, cav, art or HQ.  So to amphib 2 corps from England to Turkey you'd need 6 transports - 2 in each of the 3 sea zones.

You can only amphib attack ports.

What's more you can only ampib a single corps onto any enemy controlled hex in a turn - so yuo can only attack with 1 corps.

If you lose the combat then you corps is destroyed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI