Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ottoman surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Ottoman surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ottoman surrender - 3/20/2008 11:50:42 AM   
boogada

is there any specific reason why the british troops disappear off the map after the OE surrender, while the russians, french, germans, and the british HQ units are still there?

Post #: 1
RE: Ottoman surrender - 3/20/2008 7:40:30 PM   
FrankHunter

None at all. Is the save available?

(in reply to boogada)
Post #: 2
RE: Ottoman surrender - 3/20/2008 9:25:44 PM   
boogada

youve got mail

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 3
RE: Ottoman surrender - 3/23/2008 3:48:58 AM   
wargamer123

Good thing you might like to know is lost about 100,000 men trying to Reinforce and hold Western Turkey during this game. Only due to attrittion alone!

Quickly Supply dissipates inside the newly formed Turkey, but some places kept enough to prevent total disease and dessertion

(in reply to boogada)
Post #: 4
RE: Ottoman surrender - 3/31/2008 6:44:31 AM   
jomni

I dont think they disappear. I think they are transported outside the borders of OE.
When I played a game as TE and conquered Germany, my troops shifted to their starting positions within their national borders. But the victory condition is already met so it doesn't matter. Can developers comment?

< Message edited by jomni -- 3/31/2008 6:45:11 AM >

(in reply to wargamer123)
Post #: 5
RE: Ottoman surrender - 4/1/2008 5:06:12 AM   
wurger54

In a recent game I had 3 Brit corps and a couple of cav units disappear when Turkey rolled over. The HQs in the area remained. I'm not sure but I think these units showed up a turn or two later in Greece, which was the nearest active theater. Unfortunately I don't have the saves.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

I dont think they disappear. I think they are transported outside the borders of OE.
When I played a game as TE and conquered Germany, my troops shifted to their starting positions within their national borders. But the victory condition is already met so it doesn't matter. Can developers comment?

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: Ottoman surrender - 4/2/2008 7:36:15 AM   
Sabre21

Ok..I don't mean to derail your thread, but how do you get British forces into Turkey. I know you could walk them there from Egypt, but can you do an invasion like what was done at Gallipoli?

(in reply to wurger54)
Post #: 7
RE: Ottoman surrender - 4/2/2008 7:54:01 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

Ok..I don't mean to derail your thread, but how do you get British forces into Turkey. I know you could walk them there from Egypt, but can you do an invasion like what was done at Gallipoli?

have control and send amphibious missions in Atlantic, Eastern Med, and Western Med. Then you can send your Corps from England to Turkey , or Alexandria.

< Message edited by jomni -- 4/2/2008 7:55:03 AM >

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 8
RE: Ottoman surrender - 4/2/2008 7:19:55 PM   
talldwarf

Or, take off from an Italian port.  Then you only need one amphib to get them from England to France, then another from Italy to Turkey.  It takes longer, but it is cheaper in terms of ships.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 9
RE: Ottoman surrender - 4/3/2008 2:15:44 PM   
SMK-at-work

Sabre the mechanism for amphibious assault is that you can launch as many as you have transport ships on "Amphib" in the sea zone.  If launching from outside that sea zone then you need to have a continuous chain of transports on amphib connecting the troops to their target - ie in every sea zone in between.

So if launching from England to Turkey you need them in the North Atlantic and also both halves of the Med.

Each ship can only transport 1 unit - corps, cav, art or HQ.  So to amphib 2 corps from England to Turkey you'd need 6 transports - 2 in each of the 3 sea zones.

You can only amphib attack ports.

What's more you can only ampib a single corps onto any enemy controlled hex in a turn - so yuo can only attack with 1 corps.

If you lose the combat then you corps is destroyed.

(in reply to talldwarf)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Ottoman surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI