The Day the Dutch Navy Died (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

vettim89 -> The Day the Dutch Navy Died (4/20/2008 6:35:46 PM)

12 Jan 1942

Well, the IJN came through the Macassar Straits and the Dutch met them in battle. The results were not good. Cl Tromp is gone, CL DeRuyter is limping back to Soerobaja, and all the DD's are either sunk or highly damaged. The Dutch were able to chew up some of the IJN DD's but none were sunk. Best hope is that maybe 3 or 4 DD's will be out of the war for maybe a month or so.

My attempt to sneak 3 RN DD's into Johore Bahru to get at the transports there also failed. Even though all the RN DD's are now sunk, they actually did more damage than the Dutch CL's. Then S-39 put a fish into a DD and KXVI hit a different DD. So 3 DD's and two coastal subs did more damage than the entire Dutch surface fleet. Go figure.

I have lost track of all elements of KB now so any moves towards the Marshalls with my CV's is off. From a historical perspective, the USN was very lucky in early 1942 for their various adventures. The heroics of Butch O'Hare may have saved Lexington (that and the logistics issues as far as getting drop tanks for Zeroes into Rabaul). When Enterprise raided Kwajalein in February 1942, the USN was lucky that they got in undetected. Do I really want to chance having to have incredible luck to succeed and put my fate into the hands of the fickle WiTP game engine?

[image]local://upfiles/25806/A1C760FCC20840C8A047DF8E5ADC42D9.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> Quiet (4/21/2008 2:23:25 AM)

13 Jan 1942

After an eventful few days, it is quiet. LBA in the southern PI harrassed the Dutch as they witdraw to Soerobaja. Still have a marginal Dutch air presence on SE Borneo so if that SCTF was a prelude to an invasion of most likely Tarakan, I may be able to pick off a few AP/AK's.

I have been keeping all my units in Malaya and PI on "Defensive Stance" as I didn't want to burn through supply too fast. I set every unit to attack this turn just to see what I get.

First actual INF units on now appearing on WCUSA. Slowly moving units forward to my first line of defense which is PH, Midway, Johnston IS, Palmyra

vettim89 -> To be Gamey or not to be Gamey (4/22/2008 12:52:29 AM)

15 Jan 1942

Air: constant bombardment of Manilla and Singapore

Sea: no major engagements

Land: Manilla, another Deliberate Attack fails - its just a matter of time. Well the Japanese Army is on the island - Singapore to be exact. An ineffective attack fails to budge the level 6 forts. I would ask my readers to examine the attached image and note my quandry. Greasylake moved EVERYTHING out of Jahore Bota leaving the hex empty. I have 24 k troops including 2 largely undamaged Aussie Brigades at Mersing. Would it be considered Gamey to try to move my units into Jahore Bota thereby cutting off the Japs in Singapore? From a game standpoint it makes sense but from a RL standpoint it doesn't What do people think?

[image]local://upfiles/25806/342CFA84C1A644D89532FABBE7AAFBD9.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> Never mind (4/22/2008 6:16:37 AM)

16 Jan 1942

Well now intel shows 3 units in the hex I was interested in. I still wonder what is there. What's the worst that could happen, my units die a few weeks earlier? Attached image shows KB West running amok in the eastern Java Sea. Nice.

This war is now 100% about Singapore and Manilla for the moment. there is little or nothing going on elsewhere on the map. I contniue to move small units towards CentPac and SoPac bases. I decided to move a few AVD out to some of the undeveloped bases NE of Samoa. I am going to put small PBY units out here as trip wires to Japanese advances. At least that is what I am hoping. I was looking at the AF at PH and it is stilll pretty anemic.

I was wondering if it is worth upgrading P36's to P-40C vice P-40E as those airframes are accumulating very slowly right now

[image]local://upfiles/25806/ABD319CD54884B0C87ED632C9C4DEBB3.jpg[/image]

jeffs -> RE: Never mind (4/22/2008 10:57:35 AM)

Take Jahore Bota! If he is foolish enough to leave it open, he deserves to be punished. And severely!!

Whip him, torture him, abuse him. He knows your units are there.. You are not doing anything sleazy. He is just being clueless.

Alfred -> RE: Never mind (4/22/2008 3:24:25 PM)

Your opponent should not leave Johore Bahru undefended.  Unfortunately, because of how land movement is implemented in WITP, you cannot move units from Mersing directly to Johore Bahru because you are in contact with enemy LCU at Mersing.  To move your troops you have to give them orders to move up the trail to Kuantan.  That obviously is too slow and accomplishes nothing.

Alfred 

vettim89 -> RE: Never mind (4/22/2008 6:11:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Your opponent should not leave Johore Bahru undefended.  Unfortunately, because of how land movement is implemented in WITP, you cannot move units from Mersing directly to Johore Bahru because you are in contact with enemy LCU at Mersing.  To move your troops you have to give them orders to move up the trail to Kuantan.  That obviously is too slow and accomplishes nothing.

Alfred 

Well that is frustrating because I am almost positive he has nothing but a base force and maybe a few small units. Not fair! My other problem is I have lost track of one of Greasylake's unrestricted divisions. Latest intel shows the unit in Burma to be far too small to be a full div (All this time I thought it was the Imp Guards but they are at Singapore). I have 5 at Manilla, 3 at Singapore, and 1 at Kuching. Where is ole number 10 at????

vettim89 -> Snicker (4/22/2008 8:04:49 PM)

17 Jan 1942

Not much happens except watching the Japanese pilots make ridiculous claims during the combat replay. The KB pilots claim to hit each remaining Dutch DD at least 4 times and to have sunk them all. In reality, one is almost sunk but the other three are undamaged. Lesson learned regarding FOW. I did get confirmation that one Cl and one DD were sunk by the Dutch during the Battle of Balikpapan.

vettim89 -> RE: Never mind (4/23/2008 9:07:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

16 Jan 1942

This war is now 100% about Singapore and Manilla for the moment. there is little or nothing going on elsewhere on the map. I contniue to move small units towards CentPac and SoPac bases. I decided to move a few AVD out to some of the undeveloped bases NE of Samoa. I am going to put small PBY units out here as trip wires to Japanese advances. At least that is what I am hoping. I was looking at the AF at PH and it is stilll pretty anemic.
18 Jan 1942

I quote myself because Greasylake took Tarakan today. Shows you what I know. As time goes on at this pace I am beginning to be almost certain that this is going to be a historical game as far as pace and Japanese objectives. By the time Greasylake wraps up the SRA and maybe makes some gains in Burma, it will be about the time I can start to seriously oppose him. Time will tell as my above quote indicates my prognosticating ability ain't so good

Bombardment attacks at Manilla, Mersing, and Singapore today. No other enemy activity in SOPac.

vettim89 -> RE: Never mind (4/24/2008 4:40:33 AM)

19 Jan 1942

Malaysia Additional units are now coming ashore at Mersing. There are now three Brigades facing my motely crew of Brits, Aussies, and Indians. Continued bombardment at Singapore. Intel show 3500 troops at Jahore Bota but of course I can't move my units from Mersing [:(] Both an S-Boat and a Dutch sub hits juicy targets this turn [:D] The S-Boat is heading to Soerobaja cause it is out of TT's [sm=00000436.gif]

PI Another failed deliberate attack at Manilla. Greasylake has landed troops at Cagayan but his first attack came off at 0 to1 and he lost 1200 to my 300. Troop numbers are about equal here with level 2 forts. It will either take more troops or more time for Larry to get this base.

NEI KB West and Betty's/Nells from Kuching hit the port at Soerobaja dinging up CL Java and more importantly 4 out of 5 Dutch SS's that were replinishing there. Now trying to get all units out ASAP. My Dutch subs are too valuable to me to risk losing. I have a pretty good start of a sub base at Perth (I know it is exposed but I figure I have at least 45 days before the Japanese can turn their attention toward Oz). I will need to set up a refueling base somewhere on the north coast of Oz for the short legged boats to refuel at. Also, fearing that once the IJN is done terrorizing Soerobaja, they may go looking, I sortied the US Asiatic Fleet remnants that were holed up at Titilijap (CA Houston, CL Boise, Marblehead, and 4 DD's) I was waiting until Houstons's Flot Damage was resolved but she goes with 36 - we'll have to keep an eye out for that. That TF will go to Perth then to Eastern Oz for some drydock time.

vettim89 -> RE: Vettim89 vs Greasylake - no oily bodies of water allowed (4/26/2008 3:55:38 AM)

22 Jan 1942

Just a quick update. No news. KB West finally pulled back into the Macassar Strait. He blew it. If he stayed he would have been able to mop up the rest of the Dutch Navy. That will come back to haunt him some day.

Greasylake is landing more troops at Cagayan - he realized his error of just send one Bgd. SHould still be a while for him to crack that small nut. My subs are now heading back to sea after rearming. Should be more action soon on that front.

vettim89 -> CV's to Wake!!!!!!!!! (4/27/2008 12:42:57 AM)

24 Jan 1942

Adm William "Bull" Halsey greets the dawn from the flag bridge of USS Enterprise (CV-6). Tensions have been high over the past 48 hours as 3/4 of the US Navy's striking power has plowed west from PH trying to remain undetected. That point is now moot as the Enterprise and the two carriers accompanying her (Lexington and Saratoga) are about to make their presence known to the Japanese on Wake Island now just 90 miles to the west. The day ends up being much less successful than hoped for but does accomplish two of its goals: getting valuable combat experience for the carrier pilots and letting the Japanese know the US Navy is still here. The SBD and TBD pilots did claim to have sunk 4 japanese minelayers and a small freighter. While Halsey was hoping for more, knowing that the IJN has 4 fewer ML's available for their war plans makes the admiral smile. The US ships turn east and make a hasty witdraw. This is none too soon as US DD's drive off a Japanese sub during the night. [X(]

vettim89 -> RE: CV's to Wake!!!!!!!!! (4/27/2008 8:43:45 PM)

25-26 Jan 1942

Very quiet all of sudden. I'll just kill a quick recp as the end of the month full round up is coming soon

PI: A failed shock attack at Manilla costs Greasylake 6000 casualties to my 2000. Assault goes off at 0 to 1. Suspect we will have a few more days bombarding before the next attack. Larry is bombarding only at Cagayan. He still only has about a 10k to 6 k advantage in troops with forts at 2.

Malaya a deliberate attack at Singapore goes off at 1 to 1 and recuces forts to 2. Seems that this attack is progressing much faster here. I think either Greasylake got a good die roll here or a bad die roll at Manilla. What is interesting is from the image you can see is there are literally no detected IJN at sea anywhere near Singapore right now. Still only bombardment at Mersing - I suspect this will only be sealt with after Singapore falls.

NEI Again no TF at sea near any of the bases here. I continue to mine Batavia and Balikapaypan with subs. My subs are getting slowly ground down with operational damage. Many of them have sys damage in the area of 8 to 15. At what point do I need to witdraw them? Greasylake has shown fondness for attacking the port at Soerobaja whenever there are subs there so I have to take them out of theatre to refit them.

PH/WC The question here is when do I start moving significant ground forces forward? I have several division earmarked to CentPac and SoPac on the WC now. Should I consier moving them at least to HI? I want to reinforce Midway, Johnston Is, and Palmyra at some point. My biggest concern is my lack of LB fighters. I could strip PH but then what happens if Greasylake tries a end run? Also, at some point I need to move the SWPac LBA to Oz. Should I be doing that now? Up to now I have been trying to establlish Pogo Pogo and Suva as fuel waypoints for the Oz runs. AS of yet there is not a lot of fuel down there. Also I seem to be short of AK's on the WC but not TK. Seem to have lots of AK's in Aden. Maybe its time to move some of those to Oz which then could be used to carry supplies from Suva/Pogo Pogo back to Oz.

Burma/China/India Greasylakes lack of attention here is allowing me to move up supplies by sea to Rangoon and Akyab. I have established an inland defensive perimeter SE of Karachi to guard against an invasion of India. With all but one of the 10 free Japanese divisions tied up in SIngapore/Manilla, I probably have nothing to fear at this point. Still I think I best protect myself from the worst case scenario. Larry has reduced almost all of my guerilla units in CHina. That has been the extent of my action ther with the exception of trying to extract my units trapped between Canton and the east coast.

[image]local://upfiles/25806/7590681EE8B442B1B9F6673C76B83306.jpg[/image]

saj42 -> RE: CV's to Wake!!!!!!!!! (4/28/2008 12:24:49 AM)

You should be supplying Oz ASAP while Greasylake is busy elsewhere..

I use Papaete as a refuelling stop for TKs as they can't make LA - Aukland without a top-up.
I would suggest using your TKs on the West coast to:
1. Load up with huge amounts of oil in LA and ship to Sydney
2. Drop about 10 TKs worth of fuel on Papaete as a refuelling stop (I think Canton Is and PagoPago are a bit too close to the IJNs reach).

Oz needs oil to run its heavy industry - it has more than enough resources but very little oil. In simple terms 1 oil point will produce 1 supply and 1 fuel and you will need both in large quantities later in '42.

As for what units to ship to Oz put one of the Brit 22x Base force/Av Regt/Air HQ sets on AKs and ship to Sydney/Brisbane. Then send the Brit AKs to San Fran. The RN gets no auxilliary ships so I convert some AKs to AR/AS/AD. Then after the 180 days delay send them the long way round back to India for when the RN gets more combat power in late 42 early 43.

When you can ship some SWPAC air units to Oz and the 52nd Baseforce and Av Regt when they arrive in SF.

That will do for now.....[;)]

vettim89 -> RE: CV's to Wake!!!!!!!!! (4/28/2008 12:38:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

You should be supplying Oz ASAP while Greasylake is busy elsewhere..

I use Papaete as a refuelling stop for TKs as they can't make LA - Aukland without a top-up.
I would suggest using your TKs on the West coast to:
1. Load up with huge amounts of oil in LA and ship to Sydney
2. Drop about 10 TKs worth of fuel on Papaete as a refuelling stop (I think Canton Is and PagoPago are a bit too close to the IJNs reach).

Oz needs oil to run its heavy industry - it has more than enough resources but very little oil. In simple terms 1 oil point will produce 1 supply and 1 fuel and you will need both in large quantities later in '42.

As for what units to ship to Oz put one of the Brit 22x Base force/Av Regt/Air HQ sets on AKs and ship to Sydney/Brisbane. Then send the Brit AKs to San Fran. The RN gets no auxilliary ships so I convert some AKs to AR/AS/AD. Then after the 180 days delay send them the long way round back to India for when the RN gets more combat power in late 42 early 43.

When you can ship some SWPAC air units to Oz and the 52nd Baseforce and Av Regt when they arrive in SF.

That will do for now.....[;)]

Well I did take as much oil out of NEI as I could when I evacuated the cargo vessels from there. That is all in Oz now. Maybe I'll try another run from the southern islands. Never heard anyone talk about taking oil from WC to Oz. Thanks.

saj42 -> RE: CV's to Wake!!!!!!!!! (4/28/2008 3:23:05 PM)

I try to ship about 100k oil to Oz every month.
Oh and the heavy industry in Aukland could do with a bit as well.

vettim89 -> RE: Vettim89 vs Greasylake - no oily bodies of water allowed (4/29/2008 6:02:15 AM)

29 Janu 1942

PI Failed Shock Attack at Manilla costs Greasylake 6 k to my 1500 casualties. Bombardments at Cagayan. Lots of air activity

Malaya First Deliberate Attack at Mersing came off at 1 to 1 and reduced forts to 2. Bombardment at Singapore. The level of air activity has really increased. I am especially seeing a lot more Army bombers. I suspect Greasylake may have pulled a lot of air assets out of China.

NEI Attached image shows KB and AmpTF in the Celebes. Destination unknown. Remaining Dutch DD's sortie from Kedari to run to Balikapapan. Damged Dutch Cruisers sortie from Timor where there were trying to get Java's Flot damage down and head south. My subs are really out of position at this point.

[image]local://upfiles/25806/5BA9D1D90A874D80AEE84799B1300C83.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: Vettim89 vs Greasylake - no oily bodies of water allowed (4/30/2008 4:11:16 AM)

30 Jan 1942.

Menado - boring. Not that I am complaining but was wondering if Greasylake was gonna try something a little more bold here. Moving some subs around to try to get at him a little. Biggest loss here is my eyes into the area south of the PI. He will be able to get closer without me being able to see him from now on.

Back to bombardments at Singapore and Manilla. Second Deliberate Attack at Mersing reduces forts to 2.

And looky here - the Non-S-Boat US subs can hit something

[image]local://upfiles/25806/AC94E8F9422F4579961EB959F7B8C70F.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: Vettim89 vs Greasylake - no oily bodies of water allowed (4/30/2008 6:41:47 AM)

31 Jan 1942

The second month of the war comes to an end. All and all I am happy with my performance. While I am on the edge at Manilla and can see the handwriteing on the wall at Singapore, I am still kicking. I will recap with thoughts tomorrow. Will dived this report by type of action

Air lots of bombardments going on at Manilla, Singapore, and Mersing. huge numbers of Betty's, Nells, and Sallys involved here. The raid sizes are in the 35 to 50 bombers per sortie range. As I don't know the actual numbers of these units available to the Japanese I am unsure as to total commitment. Still, I have to figure the bulk of his LBA is commited in these too theatres. More on that tomorrow. KB West is between Amboinia and Kendari. My forces did well today: 3 P-40E and 4 Buffalo lost to 3 A6M2, 6 Val and 5 Kate. That is the kind of attrition I am after. If only I could convince my LBA to attack transports instead of BB's I would be better off

Sea No sea battles here. ASW action near Truk leads to no hits

Ground Bombarments at Manilla and Cagayan for minimal effect. Deliberate attack at Singapore comes off at 0 to 1 with no reduction in forts which still are at 2. Deliberate attack at Mersing comes off at 1 to 1 with forts at 2 also.

Big wrap up tomorrow.

One note: Greasylake indicated that he has lost over 70 ships so far - FOW has not given me nearly that number.

vettim89 -> 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:06:44 PM)

Well it is February and I still hold Manilla and Singapore. To be honest I think Greasylake has been the victim of some bad dice rolls at Manilla. He has tried 3 or 4 Deliberate Attacks with forts at 0 and has not gotten better than a 0 to 1 ratio.

Here's the score with a couple of notes. From teh ships sunk section you will see I am feeling a DD crunch. Of course Churchill wants 2 for useless duty in the Mideast of Med. He can have his friggin BB, just leave me the cans. Also, Larry's operation A/C losses are very high. Is he doing something wrong?

[image]local://upfiles/25806/B02EBB2C2E3243A1BA2297802A2D5C08.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:11:59 PM)

My ships sunk screen. Of course I have lots of damaged ships including Repulse at 93 Syst in Singapore Harbor. Situation is really a lot better because Larry told me the other day that he had lost over 70 ships. FOW only showing 60 right now. Wonder who else is dead

[image]local://upfiles/25806/E8637E9ED8B04853BC77567B7453A5F1.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:14:05 PM)

Aircraft losses. Considering Greasylake has 200 Op losses I don't feel like I am winning the airwar in the truest sense. Then again I have over 500 ground losses.

[image]local://upfiles/25806/A8AE4A41339B4F85A99ABF875F2C1B78.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:15:22 PM)

Situation PI

[image]local://upfiles/25806/4D114742F1F44DAC9B23B4A8B4397FA1.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:16:36 PM)

Situation SE Asia

[image]local://upfiles/25806/89B1CC5E7B3A426A92A7835634E090A3.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:17:20 PM)

Situation NEI

[image]local://upfiles/25806/985E9846FC2F41F4A2B77DD53B735A57.jpg[/image]

Alfred -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 3:30:27 PM)

If you don't get some Dutch into Merak, you will regret it.  The Dutch at Singkawang and Pontianak are not going to hold long when the Japs arrive - you should be thinking about thinning out those troops and redeploying them to Merak.

Alfred

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 6:21:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

If you don't get some Dutch into Merak, you will regret it.  The Dutch at Singkawang and Pontianak are not going to hold long when the Japs arrive - you should be thinking about thinning out those troops and redeploying them to Merak.

Alfred

Appreciate the advice Alfred but I think I am stuck where I am. Greasylake has been running KB West in and out of the Java Sea on a near constant basis now for 3 weeks. Because I unwisely choice red as a font color you can hardly see it, but if you look at the NEI situation map you will notice a notation in the lower right corner that KB West is one or two hexes off the map ESE of Kendari. Any shipping I have tried to move into the NEI has died of late - that is why my DD losses are so high. Every game is different and as the Allies I am becoming intimately aware that you just have to make choices as to where you are going to make a stand. Batavia is well stocked and forts are at 3 and growing. Same at Soerobaja. I have covered as much as I can. Most of the bases on Java have a single unit in them to help ward off paradrops, but I just can't be everywhere at once now, and Greasylakes use of KB West as a roaming ship killer has about paralyzed me in this area. With its present location I probably could move stuff around the Western Java Sea right now but just a week ago KB was there. I have to just accept this fate right now.

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (4/30/2008 8:26:35 PM)

1 Feb 1942

Well things continue to intensify at the primary points of interst. From the image you can see the kinds of raids I am seeing on Singapore. KB West has withdrawn from the Celebes Sea to the NE. Supplies are dwindling at Singapore and Mersing. Don't suspect I have but a week or two at most. I did want to show the most recent combat report to give readers an idea on how its going.

Ground combat at Manila

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 171792 troops, 1184 guns, 572 vehicles

Defending force 53567 troops, 205 guns, 322 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese ground losses:
2637 casualties reported
Guns lost 53
Vehicles lost 2

Allied ground losses:
2688 casualties reported
Guns lost 35
Vehicles lost 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Singapore

Attacking force 117790 troops, 957 guns, 118 vehicles

Defending force 56750 troops, 282 guns, 7 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Japanese ground losses:
963 casualties reported
Guns lost 24

Allied ground losses:
2135 casualties reported
Guns lost 63

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Mersing

Attacking force 34461 troops, 248 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 14349 troops, 67 guns, 4 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Japanese ground losses:
625 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Allied ground losses:
203 casualties reported

Ground combat at Cagayan

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 7164 troops, 60 guns, 10 vehicles

Defending force 7664 troops, 63 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Ground combat at Singapore

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 26088 troops, 157 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 116092 troops, 919 guns, 118 vehicles

Ground combat at Cagayan

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 5722 troops, 59 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 10300 troops, 80 guns, 10 vehicles

[image]local://upfiles/25806/06E3342A9A374425922010EDD09A8F53.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: 2/42 update (5/1/2008 3:05:54 PM)

2 Feb 1942

I question this one. I don't know if this is a pre-invasion run up or a raid. As I haven't spotted any AmpTF yet I am leaning towards a raid. If that is true, it makes no sense to me. I don't know if Larry need to prove to me that becasue I raided Wake, he can do the same with much greater force or what. If this is a raid it is a usless dissipation of his force. I raided Wake to get some EXP for my CV air groups. It was not a demonstration. His airgroups are already highly experienced. He lost a bunch of Kates in this raid and he told me via E-Mail that his Navy pilot pool is empty. The other thing is I still have a CV TF near Moratai. Obviously FOW is playing some tricks on me here. Oops, forgot the second annotation - the TF near Midway is a single Damaged ML

Only other action was another failed deliberate attack at Singapore and a 1 to 1 at Mersing with forts being reduced to 1. Things will be wrapping up in Malaya soon I fear. At least for now I know the troops ther will likely be tabbed for the DEI and/or Burma. At this stage I think a Burma Campaign is still several months off.

[image]local://upfiles/25806/7A449A856BAE46059C81D7AD2AB5998E.jpg[/image]

vettim89 -> RE: The Day the Dutch Navy Died (5/3/2008 2:52:50 AM)

4 February 1942

Slow few days. Greasylake attempted another shock attack at Manila - lost 5k to my 2 k. Have to believe his disruption is pretty high. He stayed at Midway one more day then left. My only loss was one ML. Very slow right now. Suspect he is building up for the next push.

Attached image shows a typical raid at Singapore. Wish land based AAA was more effective.

[image]local://upfiles/25806/AB7ACCBF28154120A6D0FC3B60B68148.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI