RE: Editor ideas (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Mardonius -> RE: Editor ideas (1/13/2009 2:24:20 PM)

Marshall:

Can we get a summary of what is editable by the editor and an update when we might see it? 1.06?
Thanks
Mardonius

hellfirejet -> RE: Editor ideas (1/13/2009 3:07:35 PM)

I believe if it is possible to edit something, then we should be able to edit to our hearts content, all that is in the game.
        question is can it be done, and when will the editor be available 1.08 ? this year, next year, when when when feels like christmas all over again, the suspence is unbearable [:)]

Wacky Idea for options ? More unit types ie 2 types off heavy ship construction, namely 3deckers and 2deckers [:D]

iamspamus -> RE: Editor ideas (1/14/2009 1:28:28 PM)

This is EIA...

You want Wooden Ships and Iron Men...

[:'(]

quote:

ORIGINAL: hellfirejet

I believe if it is possible to edit something, then we should be able to edit to our hearts content, all that is in the game.
        question is can it be done, and when will the editor be available 1.08 ? this year, next year, when when when feels like christmas all over again, the suspence is unbearable [:)]

Wacky Idea for options ? More unit types ie 2 types off heavy ship construction, namely 3deckers and 2deckers [:D]

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (1/14/2009 1:32:02 PM)

We'll have the editor in 1.06. I meant to have it in the 1.05 release but it just wasn't stable enough. If you want 3 deckers and 2 deckers then set a fleet counter up to take 30 heavies for 3 deckers and 20 for 2.

Mardonius -> RE: Editor ideas (1/14/2009 2:44:02 PM)

Marshall:

I think I lot of the BS persnickety questions (I am probably the worst offernder) can be forefended by the editor publication...

best
Mardonius

Jimmer -> RE: Editor ideas (1/14/2009 6:30:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: iamspamus

This is EIA...

That would be a GREAT game for computers, if done correctly.

Marshall, got any spare time? :)

Dancing Bear -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 2:55:14 AM)

One thing about the editor release I worry about, is that releasing it will create a wave of bugs, that will keep the Marshall very busy, when perhaps there are other things to work on. Is the editor likely to create a lot of problems?

iamspamus -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 11:24:00 AM)

No. NO. There will be NO problems...at all. Just look into this ligh... [>:]

blank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

One thing about the editor release I worry about, is that releasing it will create a wave of bugs, that will keep the Marshall very busy, when perhaps there are other things to work on. Is the editor likely to create a lot of problems?

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 12:53:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Marshall:

I think I lot of the BS persnickety questions (I am probably the worst offernder) can be forefended by the editor publication...

best
Mardonius

None of this is BS to me! Your questions / ideas have made this game much better!
Don't stop!

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 12:54:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: iamspamus

This is EIA...

That would be a GREAT game for computers, if done correctly.

Marshall, got any spare time? :)

I'll get-r-done tonite, that OK? :-0

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 12:56:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

This is also Marshall's biggest worry about the editor and it will happen to some degree. I will just have to weather the storm at first.

NeverMan -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 2:44:50 PM)

It would be a good idea to release a Classic "base" EiA first, THEN release an editor for that.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (1/15/2009 4:51:54 PM)

Actually, I will be using the editor to make the classic EiA (If we do). The editor will work for ALL base scenarios.
We have some graphics, DB work to do and an the final go ahead from Matrix.

hellfirejet -> RE: Editor ideas (1/16/2009 2:21:27 PM)

Yo Marshall,
               Are you Giving out any clues on what we might be able to edit, with the 1.06 editor release.[8D]

gazfun -> RE: Editor ideas (1/18/2009 12:07:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Hmmmm? Everybody wants more leaders. Should we allow you to create your own OR just expand our list OR maybe both?

Thats going to open a can of worms, allowing to create your own leaders wow I can only imagine the debating society that would create! [sm=character0267.gif] [sm=duel.gif][sm=00000016.gif][:D]

gazfun -> RE: Editor ideas (1/18/2009 12:13:06 AM)

I think with editing there should be a feature regardless of how complex it is, of what actually the options are in play, and something that is displayed in an obvious manner.
There is a lot of issue above.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (1/19/2009 2:40:28 PM)

HellFireJet:

You guys will be able to set nations' diplomacy settings, minor diplomatic statuses, set some units on the board, start money, alter corps strengths, fleet strengths (Both current amount and max values as well!). Start year, VPs, etc.

hellfirejet -> RE: Editor ideas (2/12/2009 3:50:31 PM)

Hi Marshall,
So the editor will be in 1.06,when will 1.06 be available? also how many and what scenarios are planned for the in game CAMPAIGNS MENU as at present we have just the 1805-1815.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (2/16/2009 3:27:44 PM)

I have basically shut down 1.06 and submitted to the testers. Now, there will be some follow up fixes (Testers have already found a few mop up items) but she is locked down for all practical purposes. I do think that 1.06 will need to be tested for a few weeks since it has such a huge number of changes so beware that this may creep into March before we release to BETA.

As far as the Editor, it will be in 1.06 and we will also include the 1812 Russian campaign. I'm not sure what to add after that???? Why don't you guys tell me what you play in the board game?

NeverMan -> RE: Editor ideas (2/16/2009 3:39:36 PM)

quote:

Why don't you guys tell me what you play in the board game?

How about an Empires in Arms scenario? That would be cool!! [:D]

iamspamus -> RE: Editor ideas (2/16/2009 4:01:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan
quote:

I could see that as being next. I think that it will be a big set of changes based on re-working the map.

Also, not sure what, if any, naval changes there were for 1.06. If none, or few, then I'd go with naval changes first then classic EIA scenario next.

Third, many of the optional rules discussed and the editor(?). (We'd have to see other threads for these.)

Fourth, next scenarios such as
- 1792-1802 and simultaneously, 1792-1815. (Revolutionary period and whole Napoleonic period)
- 1740s and/or 1756-1763 (Fred the Gr8)
- 1700/2-1721/25 (War of Spanish Succession and Great Northern War)
- 1809-1815 (don't know if anyone cares about this one, I never did)

Hmmm. That should do it. I have some research on the WSS/GNW scenarios, when/if you ever get to it.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Editor ideas (2/16/2009 6:56:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

quote:

I like!

pzgndr -> RE: Editor ideas (2/20/2009 1:50:53 AM)

quote:

As far as the Editor, it will be in 1.06 and we will also include the 1812 Russian campaign. I'm not sure what to add after that????

Assuming we can all create campaigns with the new Editor, it would be great to see the community start populating a repository with all of the other standard campaigns. Players can then download these and verify their accuracy, and then they could be added to the official game patches? I also understand EiH v5.0 is better than the EiH v3.0 model used for EiANW, so the "standard" campaign could be updated and other EiH scenarios added as well. Marshall, I'd recommend you focus on game and editor enhancements and allow others to do the grunt work of cranking out scenarios?

Grognot -> RE: Editor ideas (2/20/2009 4:02:27 AM)

If you wish to expand the player base to include more people who never played EiA or EiH before, creating really tiny scenarios (fewer counters running around, simpler map if possible) would probably be a good way to illustrate game mechanics without too many distractions. 

Even better if there's a way to eliminate the variability (PRNG lockdown) so that what the novice sees doesn't rapidly diverge from what the novice is supposed to see.  Divergence is less important if each separate 'scenario' is really short, however.

Jimmer -> RE: Editor ideas (2/20/2009 7:30:39 AM)

That is an excellent idea, Grognot!

ndrose -> RE: Editor ideas (2/20/2009 8:24:33 AM)

In that vein, the Peninsular War campaign might be a good one to develop. I always thought that would be a lot of fun to play, there is already an EiA ruleset for it, and the AI might even be in striking range of putting up a decent fight since there are only two sides and a clear set of objectives.

j-s -> RE: Editor ideas (2/28/2009 3:23:34 PM)

quote:

Actually, I will be using the editor to make the classic EiA (If we do).

Yes, please. Original, classic scenario would be nice.

iamspamus -> RE: Editor ideas (3/2/2009 3:14:01 PM)

As long as there are people out there with the enthusiasm and ability to do so, I agree, Pzgrdr.

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

As far as the Editor, it will be in 1.06 and we will also include the 1812 Russian campaign. I'm not sure what to add after that????

Assuming we can all create campaigns with the new Editor, it would be great to see the community start populating a repository with all of the other standard campaigns. Players can then download these and verify their accuracy, and then they could be added to the official game patches? I also understand EiH v5.0 is better than the EiH v3.0 model used for EiANW, so the "standard" campaign could be updated and other EiH scenarios added as well. Marshall, I'd recommend you focus on game and editor enhancements and allow others to do the grunt work of cranking out scenarios?

iamspamus -> RE: Editor ideas (3/2/2009 3:15:25 PM)

I seemed to think that you could play with 3 as well: Brits/Portuguese, Spanish, French. Two would be better though!

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

In that vein, the Peninsular War campaign might be a good one to develop. I always thought that would be a lot of fun to play, there is already an EiA ruleset for it, and the AI might even be in striking range of putting up a decent fight since there are only two sides and a clear set of objectives.

gazfun -> RE: Editor ideas (3/9/2009 12:12:43 PM)

This will be great because you will be able to start from before the Napoleonic Period from from 1792 was it?
Creating Leaders and the appropiate Senior levels of theses commanders how will that work? especially as the older one get retired eventually?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI