RE: usernames (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

junk2drive -> RE: usernames (6/19/2008 4:40:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 105mm Howitzer

OH now you've piqued my curiosity..Who is it? Just give us your surname Junk.[X(]

As for my username, that's simply my specialized field of service. ( same caliber, too)
quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

See my thread on 10 years on the www.

For years I had company provided autos. That went away in the late 80s. We had at least one decent car/truck in the household but I managed to collect a few tired, old, cheap, rides for myself. Around the time that I had to setup my AOL account, my Dutch neighbors were always poking fun at me for driving junk cars. Their son would play Adam Sandler's Piece of S*** Car out the house window when I was outside working.

I tried junk2drive at AOL and surprise, no one else was using it. I could use my real name but there is a Canadian politician that could be confused with me.

Paul Martin

Now send me some poutine

cantona2 -> RE: usernames (6/19/2008 8:04:30 PM)

1. Was originally Polynike, my most common nick on other boards. Messed up that log in somehow.

2. Then chose Cantona, in tribute to the great eric.

3. Cantona2, as in the second, messed log in number 2 somehow as well

Brady -> RE: usernames (6/19/2008 8:19:08 PM)

It's my Name, as a Kid nobody had the name as a first name, but nowdays it seams more common. I use it on all forums I am on, and have done so always, even my flight sim name was more or less the same name. WW II online is "Brady", Aces High was Bradys5....

105mm Howitzer -> RE: usernames (6/20/2008 3:38:55 PM)

Paul ???????Is it really you??? Ostie, 'ad kno hidea you weyre on dis forum too, 'stie.

Drop bye somtime, ok la?

Your colleague, Jean Chretien, from Shawinigan Est

ps; lay off de stuff, no good for you, criss.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: usernames (6/20/2008 4:10:51 PM)

I began life on the Net as ivanmoe. The handle is a play on both my real name, and the Walter Scott novel. My dad's first and middle name are those associated with the title of yet another Scott novel.

The whole "prince" thing came to pass because I forgot the password for "ivanmoe" at the BF forums (as whom, and where, I'm not sure that I ever actually posted). Anyway, I sent the admins an email asking for help. No one ever responded, so I re-registered under PoE so that I could post to the Les Grognards group at the BF site.

Not long after signing up as PoE at BF, I got interested in PCOWS, and registered over here as PoE for continuities sake. I have to be pretty fired-up about a game to post anything beyond a bug-report or request help with some sort of issue, btw. I'm really busy, and don't have time to waste on stuff that I'm not genuinely interested in. Life's too short.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Zap -> RE: usernames (6/28/2008 6:10:21 PM)

Who's still missing? Last call Before this thread goes off the radar.

junk2drive -> RE: usernames (6/28/2008 6:16:57 PM)

Who's on first

He's not missing

Zap -> RE: usernames (6/28/2008 6:20:35 PM)

[:)]

MadmanRick -> RE: usernames (6/28/2008 11:03:50 PM)

I "earned" this nic while in jump school at Ft. Bragg. I was really excited to make our first jump from a real airplane, so much so that the Jumpmaster coined me a "madman" and so I've been ever since.[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/image/s2.gif[/image]

Zap -> RE: Usernames (7/17/2008 1:17:48 PM)

Many new visitors recently. Add your reason for your user name

Perturabo -> RE: Usernames (7/17/2008 4:36:57 PM)

I named myself after the primarch of the Iron Warriors - my second favourite Chaos Space Marines legion.

IronWarrior -> RE: Usernames (7/21/2008 11:58:31 PM)

I'm a newcomer so I'll chip in with mine I guess. Pretty self-explanatory as well, the "Iron Warrior" aka Robert "Black Bob" Craufurd had two nics and was the commander of the British "Light Division" during the Napoleonic war. He was quite a character and one of my favorites to read about. My avatar is from the painting of Craufurd's Light Division retreat to Corunna. But it makes me think of the 42 mile march to Talavera in just over a day.

03_walk_alot -> RE: Usernames (7/22/2008 4:25:00 AM)

In the Marines your job is called M.O.S.

01- Personnel and Administration.
02- Intelligence.
03- Infantry.
In Infantry you have 0311 is rifleman,0331,Machine gunner,0341Mortarman.
I was 0311, when you would meet new Marine would always ask what is your m.o.s. ?
They would  say 0422 whatever..0167 Hq blah blah.
Grunts would always say 03-walk-alot.

This was back in the day when we did have to walk everywhere,
if we were lucky to get helo ride... would be dropped off at least 2 klicks from
where we were supposed to be and had even farther to walk.

Was feeling nostlogic...

mbatch729 -> RE: Usernames (7/28/2008 3:23:39 AM)

Simple, M from my first name, batch is a nickname, and 7/29 in my anniversary. (So you can send your sympathies to my wife on Tuesday [sm=innocent0009.gif])

Greybriar -> RE: Usernames (7/28/2008 1:15:07 PM)

I wanted Graybeard as my username but it was unavailable. Ditto Greybeard. Since I equated a "briar" with a (scratchy) "beard" I settled for Greybriar.

Bo Rearguard -> RE: Usernames (7/28/2008 1:35:55 PM)

Bo Rearguard...Beauregard...one of those fun Suth'ern names. I thought I'd make it easier to pronounce anyhow.[:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI