Turn Based or Realtime (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

V22 Osprey -> Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 12:41:19 AM)

Do you gents like Turn Based or Realtime play better.

I'm doing a study.Please Post vote here.

Thank You.

Frido1207 -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 1:31:07 AM)

TB.

Brigz -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 1:35:04 AM)

You probably don't realize it but you are playing with gasoline by bringing this subject up. This is one of those subjects that can erupt into a wild fire very easily. It's almost equivalent to asking someone what is the best religion.

However, I think you are sincere and really want to know so I'll put in my two cents.

Put me down for Turn Based.[;)]

V22 Osprey -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 1:43:59 AM)

This wasn't suppose to be a discussion,Just voting,big difference.

Guys-Just post your vote.Please do the discusion in another thread.

Thank You

Hertston -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 1:48:30 AM)

A spoiled ballot paper in my case. It all depends on the game, and it's quite possible to design great wargames in both formats, particularly if you extend "real time" to include "continuous time". The hobby benefits enormously from both options being available to designers.

nugeneral -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 2:11:04 AM)

turn based for me

sullafelix -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 2:21:23 AM)

TB, and I'll sneak in hexes also. I hate area movement.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 2:22:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

This wasn't suppose to be a discussion,Just voting,big difference.

Guys-Just post your vote.Please do the discusion in another thread.

Thank You

lmao - as if what you want counts.

turn based

sol_invictus -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 3:37:33 AM)

TB but WEGO.

BvB -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 4:35:17 AM)

Turn based  or turn based wego. 

Gem35 -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 5:45:33 AM)

TB

orwell -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 5:48:58 AM)

Real time. Turn based can be nice, but I prefer what RT offers.

cdbeck -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 6:37:47 AM)

Both... why is it always either or on these boards? [8D]

Moster -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 7:15:35 AM)

Real Time if it allows for real slow settings. This is why I love Sim City 3000 and Patrician 3. If you wanted to you could play one game of Patrician 3 that could literally take your whole life time.

panzers -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 7:44:10 AM)

I don't lnow what wego is, but what I do know is I can't stand anything real time. You might as well be playing action or shooters. Put me down for TB.

Sarge -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 8:40:31 AM)

Both TB and RT

Only problem , I have yet to find titles other then the CC and Panther ’s engines that have IMHO got real-time "right .

Obviously I am forgetting a few titles/engines that have done real-time justice but in the end developers turn real-time into a four letter word ,not the community.

That is if we are talking about “realistic physics time N’ space , nothing worse then watching a squad under suppression loaded with full battle rattle run the ¼ at Olympic speeds or building a Tank factory on Omaha beach to dampen the realistic factor. But on the other hand there is countless titles over the last 5-10 years that havebeen a blast like Dawn Of War for one , that run a real-time engine .

For people that like larger scale like WITP.COG, HOI and so on there realistically is no option other then turn-base.

terje439 -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 11:43:19 AM)

easily TB

Hertston -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 12:53:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzers

I don't lnow what wego is

"WE GO", turn based but with simultaneous turn resolution. Compare with IGOUGO, where one player's turn is followed by the other's.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Obviously I am forgetting a few titles/engines that have done real-time justice but in the end developers turn real-time into a four letter word ,not the community.

At the risk of infuriating V22 Osprey even further 'Take Command' and the Prosim games should certainly be included. Indeed including all of those and CM:SF (which I happen to think shines in RT) I'm struggling to think of a recent attempt at a serious wargame that really messed up RT?

Grell -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 2:15:49 PM)

Turn Based.

Capitaine -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 2:45:18 PM)

Turn, without question

Yogi the Great -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 3:18:42 PM)

Turn based by far

Usually better games as far as tactics and strategy, plus result doesn't rely on quick reflexes or missing action in one area while trying to play in another.

pzgndr -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 4:32:35 PM)

Turn based.

Peter Fisla -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 5:52:15 PM)

I would put a slight edge to hexes and turn-based but if real-time is done well then I like real-time as well (example close combat series, airborne assault series).

Sarge -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 5:59:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
At the risk of infuriating V22 Osprey even further 'Take Command' and the Prosim games should certainly be included. Indeed including all of those and CM:SF (which I happen to think shines in RT) I'm struggling to think of a recent attempt at a serious wargame that really messed up RT?

Yes, another shinning example of how real-time can keep an even balance between enjoyable but realistic game play.

PS: What’s Osprey going to do [:D]

Joram -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 6:13:38 PM)

Neither

06 Maestro -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 6:16:15 PM)

RT vs the ai, wego vs an opponent in a distant location (simply because of convenience), TB when I'm in the mood for checkers, or a checkers like game[:D] I couldn't help myself.

andym -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 7:06:33 PM)

Turn based.

yammahoper -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 7:21:21 PM)

TB.

Though a nice RT is fun from time to time (TA remains a big favorite with me).

yamma

Kuokkanen -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 8:14:06 PM)

Tough question... Steel Panthers, X-Com & UFO seiries, MegaMek and BattleTech makes me want to answer turn games, but Starfleet Command, Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander and even Dawn of War makes me want to answer RTS. AARGH! I can't decide! [:@]

reg113 -> RE: Turn Based or Realtime (6/7/2008 8:17:55 PM)

TB

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI