RE: Call for random game ideas (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Vic -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 4:56:44 PM)

I decided to first to some PRIVATE beta testing on the next patch. Especially to see how the new optional nuclear rules work out.

I hope to move on to PUBLIC beta soon. But it will probably be a week or 2.

Official beta testers still standing and alive. Prepare for some test games.

kind regards,
Vic

tweber -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 5:25:58 PM)

How about a new diplomatic state - ally?  If a regime is in this state, they can move through or draw supply through these hexes.  If two regimes change states units are in a former allies teritory, they flee to the nearest friendly hex.

You could also add unit purchase action cards, pp grant to other regime action cards.  This will allow for aid to other regimes.

Vic -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 6:31:31 PM)

Hi tweeb,

Adding Diplomacy style options to the random game masterfile would INDEED be a boon.
I agree. (the true allies thing is just to much work at the moment)

I'll think i'll start work on that while we test the current extras. (matrix should upload v1.17 private in a few days)

Also PRIVATE v1.17 will bring unit transfer from scenario to scenario for campaigns. This should open up a lot of new avenues for scenario design.

kind regards,
Vic

Arditi -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 6:39:20 PM)

I'm ready to see how Nukes work!  Interesting.[:)]

Regards, Arditi

Delyn Locksmiths -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 7:18:35 PM)

Why does the real mod not work with recent additions to random games like peoples republic?

meskary -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 8:33:26 PM)

How about Torpedo Planes, so the AF does not get decimated by ships

Arditi -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/13/2008 8:33:56 PM)

Hi Vic,
Will that beta testing start today?
    Best Regards, Arditi[:)]

Arditi -> RE: Call for random game ideas (6/14/2008 10:40:43 PM)

[:)]  Got it an hour ago.  I also posted some thoughts to the other forum.
   Regards, Arditi

rhinobones -> Random Allies (6/15/2008 12:32:38 AM)

How about adding a feature where two or more AI controlled opponents join as allies and conduct joint operations against the remaining opponents. Maybe go as far as have them conduct combat operations in a single turn, share manufacturing resources, combine units and share territory.

Regards, RhinoBones

maxfra -> RE: Random Allies (6/15/2008 4:04:06 PM)

In addition to the possibility to build new factories I would really like to have a new research tree for increasing factory production.
Es. lev 1 --> 100% lev 2 --> 10%....

The addition of new terrain type would be nice also.
For ex. Desert or tundra errain could decrease movement speed and increase supply request (mantainign a unit supplied in desert should be more difficult that in normal terrain...)

rome87 -> RE: Random Allies (6/19/2008 2:36:28 AM)

Would it be possible to add this feature to the Strategic Information Map ? (add colour to the squeres that repersent corps of a hq to show each HQ group to make it alot easier to see what corps belong to what Hq on the Strategic Information Map)

Zocker2 -> Start (6/20/2008 2:53:24 PM)

Hi,

wenn I start a new game i create 6 new units and send 1 staff in it.
In the 2 Round  I can move them an send Inf in it and the staff out. Thats sensles work to do that in every new game. I would like a option that all start with 6 (8?) units with1 (10?) inf in it!

Ad Astra
Rainer

BULLDOGINTHEUK -> RE: Start (6/20/2008 3:36:28 PM)

Poor old Vic.... He only asked about testing the nuclear option, lol [:-].

ghoward -> RE: Start (6/21/2008 11:50:46 PM)

In some of the wargames I have played it is possible to start a random game and save it as an editable scenario after a few turns have been played. I dont think this can be done in AT--once you START the scenario can no longer be edited. There are clearly some security reasons for this in AT PBEM games, but if it could be allowed for human-AI games it would allow the player-designer to test various parameter tweaks without having to restart at turn one each time and work his way back to the thing he didnt like. He could peek and see how many (sic:cargo ships) the AI is really building with that setting. It would also allow for the building of scenarios with fully populated armies where the AI had done most of the grunt work. Let the AI play itself for 20 turns and then take over.

Vic -> RE: Start (7/2/2008 4:33:02 PM)

@barerabbit,

i hear you. maybe in a next patch.

@all

The v1.17 has been improved upon in private beta. but there are so little private testers left that i decided to move it to public beta as v1.20. Especially the new advanced random games will require some feedback to finetune. I am not sure if i want to keep nukes in. some more feedback might be usefull.

Matrix is moving though so i dont know when they'll get their servers up again.

but i am sure it will be soon.

kind regards,
Vic

Arditi -> RE: Start (7/2/2008 11:12:27 PM)

Vic,
Why don't you continue to keep the nukes as an optional choice?  There is nothing lost through keeping it as an option, but not in the regular game.  I enjoy the nukes on occasion.
Best Regards, Arditi[:)]

Vic -> RE: Start (7/3/2008 9:48:27 AM)

its still in there. but i want some more feedback. i am not quite sure. it feels like it should be nudged a bit. any good ideas will be welcome. we are still beta testing.. (if matrix gets around to uploading the thing )

british exil -> RE: Start (7/3/2008 3:27:19 PM)

Hi Vic
do you mean nukes as in atomic bombs?

If yes then would it be possible to load them into transporters to drop on the target?
Or do you mean nukes as in the rocket version? Inter contis etc.

Mat

explorer2 -> RE: Start (7/3/2008 6:01:05 PM)

Vic-
Not sure if you're still considering new ideas, but let me add one more.
An option for simplified supply system, and one for simplified unit creation.
Reason:  When I first started on AT, I was sooooo frustrated I nearly gave up, and supply and unit creation were the main reasons.  I would not now use simplified option, but I think it would GREATLY help noobies to decrease the learning curve/frustration level, and thus add to sales.  I've had 2 friends I 've tried to get to use AT with me, and they both found it too difficult to learn and gave up.

How it would work:
Simplified Supply: units are either in supply or out of supply, based on if there's a clear line to their HQ, and HQ has clear line to production center.  No distance modifiers, no level of supply, no different amount consumed, etc...  (I like your system now much better, but it was difficult to learn)

Simplified Unit Production:  Create set units, not SFTypes, for the simplified, or beginner's version.  Armored division, infantry divisions, fighter wings, or whatever.

I believe both of these options would greatly ease learning AT and I believe increase our base of players.  Most would move on to the better, but more complicated and tedious, full rules, but I think it would make beginning far more enjoyable.

Fintilgin -> RE: Start (7/3/2008 11:41:16 PM)

While it might seem like a minor addition, I'd like a 'Real Nations' option, that would make your random opponents real countries instead of generic ones.  For me at least it's much more fun to fight France or the Germans then the 'Caliphate of Generica'.

You could even throw in non-WW2 countries.  A list like: USA, France, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, Poland, USSR, Japan, China, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Mexico, Brazil, Ottomans, Confederacy, Greece, Australia, Canada, etc.

I already go in and change the names manually for random scenarios, but it's a bit of a pain. :)

Magpius -> RE: Start (7/4/2008 5:55:32 AM)

[:D] Agreed, I often enjoy an Australia vs New Zealand or Australia vs Indonesia random scenario.
-related question: How do you change the regime and town names list, that the random generator draws from?

Vic -> RE: Start (7/4/2008 11:40:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

[:D] Agreed, I often enjoy an Australia vs New Zealand or Australia vs Indonesia random scenario.
-related question: How do you change the regime and town names list, that the random generator draws from?

you cant. but i am always making notes of interesting new ideas :)

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Start (7/4/2008 4:41:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fintilgin

While it might seem like a minor addition, I'd like a 'Real Nations' option, that would make your random opponents real countries instead of generic ones.  For me at least it's much more fun to fight France or the Germans then the 'Caliphate of Generica'.

You could even throw in non-WW2 countries.  A list like: USA, France, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, Poland, USSR, Japan, China, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Mexico, Brazil, Ottomans, Confederacy, Greece, Australia, Canada, etc.

I already go in and change the names manually for random scenarios, but it's a bit of a pain. :)

I kind of like the random generated names, let the historical stuff reside in scenarios.

R.E.LEE -> RE: Start (7/7/2008 8:17:49 PM)

Vic i realy think we need the abilty for our enginers to build anti tank ditches/mines/obstacles etc.Also the ability to take prisoners that would go into a prisoner of war camp that our enginers can build.And every certain amount of prisoners would give pp or supply to the side that has them,the other side could also try to break them out to get them back[;)] well mabey that prsoner things abit much[:D]

seille -> RE: Start (7/8/2008 1:07:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

Vic i realy think we need the abilty for our enginers to build anti tank ditches/mines/obstacles etc.Also the ability to take prisoners that would go into a prisoner of war camp that our enginers can build.And every certain amount of prisoners would give pp or supply to the side that has them,the other side could also try to break them out to get them back[;)] well mabey that prsoner things abit much[:D]

You could do all this yourself using the editor in a creative way [;)]
When i asked Vic for a minefield first time in alpha testing he said that minefields
are parts of the fortifications the engineers can build. And i think this is ok.

If you still need them you can add such locations yourself.
I donīt want this to be standard in the game. Same for prisoners. How they should improve that game ?

british exil -> RE: Start (7/8/2008 1:47:09 PM)

If you still need them you can add such locations yourself.
I donīt want this to be standard in the game. Same for prisoners. How they should improve that game ?
[/quote]

Would be nice if an enemy division losing units either through KIA or POW would affect the morale of the other Divisions belonging to the same HQ.That the morale would affect the HQ in control, that they have to give of more supplies to bolster morale in their divisions/Army.
Of course only nice if it happens to the enemy.[:D]

How often did troops go AWOL/desert because of bad morale in their units?
Another way to simulate this would be by giving the divisions with low morale less AP.

I'm no computer ace so I've no idea how much time and effort goes into making such things happen.

Mat

rhinobones -> RE: Call for random game ideas (7/9/2008 2:11:59 AM)

Seems that your request for ideas was based primarily on things that might improve the option selection in the random game generator. Some ideas received apply to the random game, but it would seem that most ideas are directed toward the betterment of AD in the general case. Here are a few ideas that should apply mostly to the random game generator.

1. Make the player sequence random. Seems that the Cheyenne player should not have prior knowledge of when his turn will begin. Let the AI have a few first turns.

2. For the map generator give an option for “All Islands” so that no land mass has a side on the map boarder.

3. For #2 have an option for the minimum size of each inhabited island and the minimum number of cities and ports per inhabited island. There could be smaller islands, however, the small island would not be an enemy nation but could have neutral ports, cities and airfields.

4. Like cities, make an option for the numbers of ports and airfields during random map generation.

Regards, RhinoBones

Grymme -> RE: Call for random game ideas (7/9/2008 8:24:49 PM)

Hi

I cant se anything in the members area since the 1.16 patch on the 17th of may. Is the 1.20 patch really posted? If not, then when?

Vic -> RE: Call for random game ideas (7/10/2008 9:23:17 AM)

it is not posted yet i guess. sorry. matrix will do it as soon as they can.

Arditi -> RE: Call for random game ideas (7/10/2008 9:29:27 PM)

Vic,
  How about an option where an AI side can be picked up by a Human player based on a vote taken, by all players, every ten turns.  I have a great scenario that I am working on.  I think this would solve my house rule intent.  Actually, I have to give credit where due.  I believe Tweber may have mentioned this.
Regards, Arditi

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI