Games you want to see (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Moster -> Games you want to see (7/16/2008 9:54:49 AM)

A pc game based on the Battlefleet Gothic table top game. It doesn't have to be based on the table top game it could also be a real time or combo but just that its about Battlefleet Gothic.

A racecar mogul game where it plays similar to the other sports mogul games where you play the owner and let the pc play out the season based on your choices. There could even be a 2d or 3d sim of the races and any kind of circuit, Nascar, Indy, Rally, etc..

Krasny -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 10:45:15 AM)

A playable Napoleonic grand strategy game would be nice.

Combat Mission with a dynamic campaign ditto.

Grell -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 12:31:44 PM)

A PC version of Clash of Arms version of La Bataille series of games.

Regards,

Greg

RedArgo -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 1:07:25 PM)

Star Fleet Battles turn-based and an updated Master of Magic, Age of Wonders is close, but not quite the same.

Bill

Hertston -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 1:22:42 PM)

A strategic level Vietnam game, with a decent political and diplomatic model.

105mm Howitzer -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 1:56:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

A strategic level Vietnam game, with a decent political and diplomatic model.

quote]ORIGINAL: RedArgo

Star Fleet Battles turn-based and an updated Master of Magic, Age of Wonders is close, but not quite the same.

Bill
[/quote

I concur with both these choices, in addition to my own, which would be a remake of SPI's old Global War and BattleFleet Mars. Oh, and maybe Squad Leader , in it's original form. I know there's games out there based on SL, but I'd like to see the real SL. ( after all, you made the Campaign Series with the old Talonsoft games, SL and COI might be a nice addition)
Cheers

hbrsvl -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 2:14:44 PM)

Hi- I would add a WITP based game concentrating on WW II in Europe & Mid East, with emphasis of ASW.

Hugh Browne

GaryChildress -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 2:54:09 PM)

An extremely moddable version of Close Combat Modern Tactics with a full fledged CC IV-V style campaign system. Also with triggers and moddable AI.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 4:21:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moster

A racecar mogul game where it plays similar to the other sports mogul games where you play the owner and let the pc play out the season based on your choices. There could even be a 2d or 3d sim of the races and any kind of circuit, Nascar, Indy, Rally, etc..

You mean something like GP Manager serie? Dig some, and maybe you'll find similar games for NASCAR, CART, and rest... If not, then there could be some mods for other similar games.

[edit]
I would like to see game which has strategic and tactical levels, both in hex and turn-based. Jagged Alliance serie comes close, but it has real-time on it, no hexes and no AFVs to fight with.

sabre1 -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 5:46:49 PM)

A SSI Naval Battles game,  1942 Naval game by Microprose.  Something that allows you to control fleets of WW1-WW2 warships and get into damage control targeting, etc...

An RPG/strategy game as a German Raider, such as the Graff Spee.

Sarganto -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 6:15:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi- I would add a WITP based game concentrating on WW II in Europe & Mid East, with emphasis of ASW.

Hugh Browne

WitP with the whole world as map, production possibilities for every country and diplomacy.

Of course some changes here and there...et voilà, the most complex game in the universe :D

MadmanRick -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 6:42:05 PM)

In order of preference:

War in the Med (based on WitP-AE)

War in the Atlantic (as above - focusing only on the naval aspects of the war)

World War One strategic naval game (again based on WitP-AE)

War In Russia II

Korean War strategic level game (perhaps an overall update of the old SSI game), including naval forces.

Modern (1950-2000) naval game, a true heir to the Harpoon series with updated graphics, UI, AI and maps available for all areas of the world.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 8:57:31 PM)

30 Years Wars (probably too difficult: role of religion, hre electors, province or hex map, etc.)
Wars of Austrian Succession/Seven Years War

Atlantic campaign suggested by MadmanRick. GNB was great for the time but I'd love to see something more detailed.

Perturabo -> RE: Games you want to see (7/16/2008 9:26:12 PM)

quote:

A pc game based on the Battlefleet Gothic table top game. It doesn't have to be based on the table top game it could also be a real time or combo but just that its about Battlefleet Gothic.

I'd love to play a BFG-based pc game too[:D].
Preferably something like Harpoon, but BFG[:D].

A game that shares the best features of CCMAT and Firefight with a decent realistic campaign centered around players unit (without economic/strategic minigames).

andym -> RE: Games you want to see (7/17/2008 3:27:07 PM)

I would like to see the "Fleet" series of games,i thinnk they were by victory Games.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Games you want to see (7/17/2008 6:47:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

There is one: Warplan Orange (I think)

benpark -> RE: Games you want to see (7/17/2008 7:38:25 PM)

A WWII eastern front game at battalion level divided into AGN, S and Center with an emphasis on planning offensives and defense through chain of command. Morale and exhaustion would be key factors in the effectiveness of both. Game would continue to very end of war (no 1944 end like so many others).

Airborne Assault eastern front game with 1944-45 estabs.

A 3d Napoleonic version of the "Tin Soldiers" games (see below) with an easy to use scenario editor and map maker.

I'd like to see a 3d wargame "sandbox" that allows you to set up a table and place terrain and structures, and then choose the time period and play out a tabletop style game. Different rule sets could be plugged in to the system. Napoleonic, both World Wars, Victorian and ACW would be my preference. Graphics would look like an extremely well done tabletop miniature game with firing animations and smoke etc.

All would need to have a decent AI.

terje439 -> RE: Games you want to see (7/18/2008 10:51:49 AM)

-Civil War Generals 3 [:(]
-Pre CU/NGE Swg [:@]

Sarganto -> RE: Games you want to see (7/18/2008 1:27:48 PM)

Anyone played Pacific Storm 1 or 2? Besides, that these games are totally crappy and bugged, their idea is not that bad.

Imagine, fighting the battles of WitP yourself, flying those Zeros yourself and shooting down the AVG over Rangoon or watching the Soryu catch some torpedoes from your submarine. Combining a Naval Simulation (like Silent Hunter 3/4 + Surface Fleets) and an Air Simulation (umh...IL-2, CFS?) with WitP.
Of course, you could decide which battles you want to fight yourself and which should be fought by the AI. But fighting the really important battles yourself...mmhh a dream!
And after that, add something with battlefield style, to make the land battles playable. Playing as Japanese, fighting massive armies of Chinese. Sounds like fun to me :D

MadmanRick -> RE: Games you want to see (7/18/2008 1:31:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

There is one: Warplan Orange (I think)

Actually War Plan Orange, covers naval combat in the Pacific from 1920-1930. The game I would like would be similar, only covering the North Atlantic/Baltic & maybe the Med, with the ships of World War One.

Montbrun -> RE: Games you want to see (7/18/2008 2:10:07 PM)

A Mechwarrior MMO.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Games you want to see (7/18/2008 7:22:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad Hunter

A Mechwarrior MMO.

It was called MultiPlayer BattleTech (MPBT), and there were few of them: EGA, Solaris, 3025, and maybe something I missed. All have been shut down (3025 didn't get further than beta), and one unofficial project (IS3028) has done little progress lately [:(]

But check out BTMUX

Moster -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 1:57:30 AM)

quote:

A Mechwarrior MMO.

Planetside has mechs they call them BFRs.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 5:20:43 AM)

I'd really like a PC version of AH's Starship Troopers.

I'd also really like to see a MMORPG of the Wild West/Old West with settling, homesteading etc.

Also, a PC version of Boot Hill or Gunslinger.

The revolutionary East Front game to end all East Front Games would be really cool.

Ike99 -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 5:22:02 AM)

Remake of ¨Buzz Aldrins Race into Space¨

Twotribes -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 5:25:34 AM)

quote:

quote:

A Mechwarrior MMO.

BFRs? Big F&*K*&G Robots?

fmonster -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 5:42:04 AM)

I, too, would be extremely interested in a Star Fleet Battles turn-based game. I have all the current real-time games, but they just aren't as good and deep as a turn-based version (table top) of the game. This would be a top shelf game in my book!

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedArgo

Bill

panzers -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 5:48:56 AM)

well, we have my favorite all time game coming out in December(hint: look at terje439's avatar) Now I would love th see ETO(Eurpean Theater Of Operstions) my second all time favorite.

Moster -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 6:14:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

quote:

quote:

A Mechwarrior MMO.

BFRs? Big F&*K*&G Robots?

It stands for Battle Frame Robotics but we all know what it really stands for. [:D]

Hentzau -> RE: Games you want to see (7/19/2008 6:15:26 AM)

SPI quads BUT WITH AI, make a deal with Decision Games/Hexwar or something.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI