RE: MBCIS Website Launched (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues

mbsports -> RE: MBCIS Website Launched (8/13/2008 12:36:11 AM)

Sure I can pass along the DB to anyone who'd like it - I'll fire it off to you mykal you can play around a bit with it...

keep in mind I have lots of interesting constants settings and I've modified a bunch of plays to create more situations where the RB isn't necessarily a primary receiver, was seeing some wacktacular numbers for their receiving stats so I made adjustments, also I've made a veritable ton of changes to the Kick Return plays to try to prevent the amount of TD Returns.

One depth thing I recommend, get your speedsters in somehow, anyhow on those plays because kick returns for live games are waaaaaaay too potent.

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Website Launched (8/13/2008 2:40:52 AM)

Kewl, thanks man
both files recieved, Cheers.

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Website Launched (8/13/2008 4:20:24 AM)

Looks really sweet MB
ran a quick test to see how things look

[image]local://upfiles/28840/4DE65C1EDA8E4D02A6EE2EA62743D129.jpg[/image]

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Website Launched (8/13/2008 4:22:31 AM)

And the following posession

[image]local://upfiles/28840/38F8C394BDB74B0F904D1666AD686308.jpg[/image]

WOOHOO GO SHERBROOKE [sm=happy0005.gif][sm=happy0005.gif][sm=character0272.gif][sm=happy0005.gif][sm=happy0005.gif]

Mykal -> Windsor Lancers (8/13/2008 7:47:45 PM)

Lancers Uniform needs re-downloading
had to add a center field logo to make the stadium correct

Mykal -> Stadiums Complete (8/13/2008 10:08:14 PM)

[sm=happy0005.gif][sm=happy0005.gif][sm=happy0005.gif][sm=happy0005.gif][sm=happy0005.gif]
All the CIS Stadiums are Finished WOOHOO [sm=character0272.gif]

redwolf1 -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/14/2008 6:08:43 AM)

Wow guys, looks great! [:D]

Mykal, could you put all the CIS unis and stadiums together into one big pack at your site? Just a suggestion (edit- read: I'm too dam lazy/tired to get them individually [;)] ).

Mykal -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/14/2008 1:27:04 PM)

Well I could yes, but that would be quite a large download
I avoided doing it that way because not everyone has a high speed connection
I'll pack the uniforms together and the stadiums together (so that'll be 2 downloads)
and leave each one at the foot of its respective page.

Done that for ya' Redwolf [;)]

Brodie -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/17/2008 7:48:35 PM)

Looks good

mbsports -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/17/2008 10:31:54 PM)

I can't thank Mykal enough for his hard work on this - I think we're going to have a heck of a league going on here even though we may not have as many guys controlling teams as I would like those that do I think will get something from it.

Anyone who's interested just let me know - this is going to be a college based league so you have an idea of where your turnover in players will be every season and you can compensate for it, which I think is a nice little option to have.  Over time as we rack up seasons what you'll see is that the stats will become more robust as you can actually look back and see a player progressing from a backup to a starter to a star throughout their collegiate career.  You'll then be able to see what happened over time with teams, who's dominating year after year, who surprises you once every few years, can the humans actually beat the machine.  And with our CFL league those players who make a name for themselves in MBCIS will move forward and continue their career so you can actually trace a guy from age 18 to age 40 and follow their career over a long period of time. 

I think that's worth having in the community much like we have MBFL and a college league feeding those players we have a CIS and CFL component as well.  I find it very exciting to have that level of depth in the football world.  The only thing I think we have on the potential burner now is MBFL Europe but that wouldn't start until sometime next year at the earliest and the way that would be structured would be to have 8 teams, one for each division with one of the GMs from that division running the team managment.

Again if you're interested in the CIS league - just drop me a line.

Thanks,

Mb

Mykal -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/17/2008 11:31:06 PM)

Well I'm certainly looking forward to it
cant wait to pull on my Sherbrooke GM cap and get going

mbsports -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/18/2008 12:06:07 AM)

I hear ya'

Windsor we're a little concerned b/c I don't really like my team/talent level but it is a first season roster so not much any of us can do about that until the end of the season.  I re-wrote some of the randomization for the players today as well so that if you're a-hem meaty you probably have a little lower running speed and a little higher strength and if you're pretty fast and a QB you probably scramble a bit more.  I actually had the number tied in in a way I didn't like but hey that happens and when we get to Season 2 it'll be more accurate to what we would expect.

Mykal -> RE: Stadiums Complete (8/18/2008 12:21:43 AM)

Yer same here, I noticed a total lack of talent right through the squad
barring one or two but I aint complaining
there's something about building a dynasty from the ground up that really gives me a buzz

Mykal -> CIS L1 Helmets (8/19/2008 1:13:20 AM)

MB, just thought I'd drop in and let you know
I've added an L1 Helmets pack to the CIS Uniforms page
I like them better than the team logo's.

[image]local://upfiles/28840/0AC91EE4A77E4B7997B089A0BD5E5362.jpg[/image]

mbsports -> RE: CIS L1 Helmets (8/19/2008 5:06:55 AM)

Heh - you could in theory add UBC to those 3 there as Matt Reaser is taking them...

And then there were 4.

Mykal -> RE: CIS L1 Helmets (8/19/2008 10:58:42 AM)

Ahh you got me,
thats exactly why I used those 3 as the sample graphic, Human control.
now we just need 23 more........[:D][:D][:D]

mbsports -> Another Coach Inked for MBCIS (8/19/2008 4:49:24 PM)

Well we have another GM in MBCIS - Kent Olsan who runs the Blue Bombers in the CFL and Vikings in the NFL has taken the Waterloo Warriors.

Mykal -> RE: Another Coach Inked for MBCIS (8/19/2008 5:23:38 PM)

WOOHOO............

[image]local://upfiles/28840/3FE63C7A120B469CB724D82EA790C50B.jpg[/image]

Mykal -> RE: Another Coach Inked for MBCIS (9/3/2008 4:35:26 AM)

got your email and I have a question MB

how do I send in my details, such as depth chart
how does that work or how would like it sent in, so its easy for you (or easier anyway)

Tullius -> RE: Another Coach Inked for MBCIS (9/3/2008 8:05:16 AM)

quote:

how do I send in my details, such as depth chart
how does that work or how would like it sent in, so its easy for you (or easier anyway)

The game has a remote function. When you have set your team you can hit a "remote out" button which produces a text file. This text file has all informations and can be read by the commissioner.

Mykal -> RE: Another Coach Inked for MBCIS (9/3/2008 12:04:26 PM)

of course it does..............DOH
export it out after making my selections

Cheers Tillius, to be fair it was really late when I asked (like gone 4 am) so the brain was in dead mode.

mbsports -> RE: Another Coach Inked for MBCIS (9/3/2008 12:45:17 PM)

Yup for those with MaxFB I do send out the DB so you can take care of it all that way - for those that don't it becomes a question of what works for them. I'm not too picky.

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (9/3/2008 4:26:14 PM)

OK, think I've done it right
now all that remains is to email it in.

Not the best squad depth wise but think I've done about the best possible with the players on hand
I just hate letting the game engine make my selections, gotta have that hands on feel.

EDIT - Email in

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (9/26/2008 1:51:44 PM)

Well I'm getting there slowly
picking the old broken drive and recovering some stuff that I'd have been lost without

I still arnt back to the stage where I can jump back in and control Sherbrooke
so the cpu will have to continue controlling them for me for now but I'm getting there slowly

cant wait to get back into full swing
I've waited ages to take part in a league, I finally get onboard with one, then all this happens [:(]
I'll be back at some point, dont worry about that, certainly not running out on the league.

mbsports -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (9/27/2008 6:22:20 PM)

LOL no worries - the cpu does a "serviceable" job but really it's season 1 we're at the whim of the initial randomizer which was nowhere near where it's at now.

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (10/3/2008 12:33:16 PM)

Cripes [:(]

had a look on the MBCIS website for the first time in a while (now that I can)
things are not looking good for my Sherbrooke
but its not unexpected if you look through the roster, definately a lack in talent
RB Mohammed Alejandre aside.........they all stink

mbsports -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (10/3/2008 4:15:26 PM)

Yeah no kidding my Lancers suck big time, they're awful!!!!  Mason had a good game one week but aside from that and Ceja looking good at times we've been pitiful.  I'll have the recruits up this weekend though so we can start looking at the future.  We're going to have a really quick abbreviated offseason this time too because I'm trying to get all leagues onto an annual schedule which will correspond more to real life.  So you'll have CIS and CFL starting a little before the NFL season and wrapping up a little earlier then the NFL schedule then offseason action for Arena and UFL... in addition the off-seasons have recruiting, scheduling, all sorts of stuff there so it'll give me some scheduled downtime while keeping things moving more consistently.  I need to get that schedule in place so there aren't weeks with 5 sets of games going on for instance.

As a note the first recruiting class will probably make the current guys look a little more unattractive depending upon their development string. The changes to the recruiting engine tend to make things a little different. I'll send you the current excel DB now that it has some different things going on in it.

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (10/3/2008 9:46:09 PM)

thanks got the randomizer

Jeepers...................... no idea what I'm looking at

I get the concept, it randomizes or generates players using the calculations you've used
but how one uses it or implements it, is way beyond me

just looks like number soup to me [8|]
certainly not my area of expertease

mbsports -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (10/3/2008 10:26:31 PM)

LOL I spend my day time looking at all sorts of demographics, psychographics, and media vehicles so number soup and activation and things like that are my day to day life.

Basically what you do is run the randomizer for as many players as you need and then copy/paste visibles only into the recruiting matrix - quite frankly it's my job to get that done, not yours LOL.

You'll see something in the next day though.

Mykal -> RE: MBCIS Depth Chart (10/4/2008 1:07:03 AM)

Yer I know its your job not mine..............and thank heavens for that [X(]

just I'm always curious as to how things work, especially when I've no idea at all
one of my many little qwuirks...... the need to know [8|]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI