Erik (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

elmerlee -> Erik (9/3/2008 7:14:36 PM)

Aug 28 from Erik-----

We were hoping to release this week. The update is in final testing and we need a few more sign-offs, so it's likely to be a release for next week since we don't release on Friday.

So since nothing is released on friday I guess tomorrow is the big day.

You know I would not care so much if I had the build all the testers have which seems to work well.Maybe the testers are not the only ones that have it since everybody is so in love with what they have.

pdozer63 -> RE: Erik (9/3/2008 9:00:56 PM)

I have been avoiding posting anything during the waiting process we have all been experiencing. Just hoping David does what he does best to get this update to us all. But here we are just a couple days from kickoff and I have the itch to get this going as well. Its been nearly 2 years since I purchased the game and I still have not completed a full season that counts due to resetting everytime an update is released. I was really hoping the update would get released before the regular season started. My fingers are crossed.

Tullius -> RE: Erik (9/3/2008 9:05:06 PM)

The new build is fine, the installer works, too - so i think the patch should be available in 1 or 2 days when not some unexpected things happen - but the testing phase is over.

MjH -> RE: Erik (9/3/2008 9:15:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tullius

The new build is fine, the installer works, too - so i think the patch should be available in 1 or 2 days when not some unexpected things happens - but the testing phase is over.

I'm crossing my fingers... I'm about to start a three week vacation and I was hoping that I would be able to spend some quality time with the new patch. [:)]

local8h -> RE: Erik (9/3/2008 10:25:35 PM)

pdozer63 writes” It’s been nearly 2 years since I purchased the game and I still have not completed a full season that counts due to resetting every time an update is released."

I can relate to that. Since update 1. something first or second big update that was release, I was on a second season (NFL 1984 80% real names and some attribute to be noted[;)]) i’m very big on keeping stats but after
I have to reset it I loss everything or everything got unsorted. I posted a few times about it and at times I actually loss a little bit of my cool. But I decided like all my other purchases that to expect some disappointments.Thats when I got bored and unpacked a few things in the game, build a few things etc. I was just trying to ease my patients. I even got back to playing with other titles.

Mykal, wow man, lots of respect to you. Full time Father and care giver.[&o]

elmerlee -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 4:15:28 PM)

Erik

It seems to me the constant "pushing-back" of the patch has reached a level where Matrix Games is losing its standing in the game community.

If the people you mention needing to sign-off on the patch include David Winter I would bet that that is never going to happen. He seems to have completely distanced himself from the game and that is possibly his right.

Maybe Matrix has also. And that would be alright also. But.....the people still interested in Max-Football do deserve to be informed of this fact so they can just live with what they have.

Please let us know your thoughts on the matter.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 8:30:55 PM)

Clearly, it's no longer August. The update is ready to go, but we are waiting for one last sign off before we can release it. It doesn't look like we'll have it today, but as soon as we get it the update will go out. This is part of the QA process, so we can't rush it. I expect at this point that we'll release early next week.

elmerlee -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 9:09:39 PM)

Same old crap.

I still bet the one needed to sign-off is
David Winter. And I'll bet he will not and you cannot release without his OK.

Enough of this. The way Matrix handled this needs to be made public.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 9:14:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmerlee
Enough of this. The way Matrix handled this needs to be made public.

[8|]

DONMVP -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 10:45:28 PM)

I`m  like pdozer63 and gill . In 2 years never finished a league . Sometimes because  of  patches .But also because i play the game in window mode sometimes hit reset button .Like gill i  set my league up  with accurate rosters as much as i can . My last league which was based on CFL 90 dot 6 weeks into before i reset by accident . So now instead of a 20 team league with  93 american teams included . I decided to expand to 32 teams with teams in  other cities . Each team  has a 80 percent accurate roster from cfl teams from 1968  to 1993 . Of course i have some stars like ron lancaster playing for different team other then roughtriders . As soon as finish stadium off i go playing again.

VCFL Commish -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 11:00:05 PM)

quote:

. My last league which was based on CFL 90 dot 6 weeks into before i reset by accident .

DONMVP I can`t believe you got to six weeks before you reset.lol
The best thing to do is to winzip all league files.If you screw up you have a copy to fall back on.I think everyone has been frustrated by the game.The game is not perfect but for a game thats not perfect there seems to be a core of game owners that are willing to overlook the games short comings.
If your not happy with the game and tired of all the bull that you preceave throw the game away.There must be better produced games out there for the PC that aren`t so  frustrating, lifes to short to waste time on this.
For the rest of us that take the game for what it is basicly a one man show with a guy with a life.Then we wait and wait.Hasn`t it  been said all good things in life are worth the wait.

Lucas718 -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 11:11:22 PM)

We're just waiting on a patch to a football game, right?  It's not going to do anything like cure cancer or solve world hunger, is it? 

????????????????
?????????????????????????
??????????????????????????
??????????????????????

Mykal -> RE: Erik (9/4/2008 11:23:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucas718

We're just waiting on a patch to a football game, right?  It's not going to do anything like cure cancer or solve world hunger, is it? 

????????????????
??????????????????????

Kewl, I'm right with ya Brother Man, at last some sense from someone
couldn't have said it better myself, good on ya Bro.

therhino -> RE: Erik (9/5/2008 12:22:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucas718

????????????????
??????????????????????

Great post Lucas718. This is the first time I am not upset to see ??? lol.

local8h -> RE: Erik (9/5/2008 12:58:59 AM)

Well for me, I'm actually not even waiting for the patch...I'm satisfied with the last update[:)] this patch, correct me if i'm wrong its just a few fixes right? i actually have better things to do[:D]so if it arrives..that'll be cool...

Rhino, I know youve been wanting to know how to unpacked the stads, well here is a list of what i used before...
1.Hex Editor to view it and copy
2.Paste it on a word app.
3.I use an image extractor.
4.then basiclly figure out which images belongs too.
Its been a while so i may have forgotten a few things.

elmerlee -> RE: Erik (9/9/2008 7:51:08 PM)

Well lets see now....
Monday and tuesday are early in the week. Tuesday is about over.
Wednesday would be mid-week.
Thursday is late in the week.
Friday,saturday and sunday Matrix does not get any patches out.

??????????????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????
???????????????????????????

Frank Brickowski -> RE: Erik (9/9/2008 9:41:01 PM)

I don't remember the last time i've played this game because of the 3d stats bug with long runs or passes that go for a td.

therhino -> RE: Erik (9/9/2008 10:14:17 PM)

Emerlee, we are testing the crap out of the game to be sure there are no bugs. I for one have been playing hours on end trying to find glitches so you can either wait a week or you can have a buggy game. We all agree that David and Erik made mistakes about the release date, but constantly bringing it up doesn't help either.

elmerlee -> RE: Erik (9/9/2008 10:57:27 PM)

Rino ...... The bugs will never be all out of this game. Erik said the testing was OK and all that held it up was ONE peerson signing off on it. One tester not "signing off" should not be holding this up.

That makes me belive testing is not the problem. David Winter and his relationship with Matrix is the problem. The so-called final release of this patch is months old.

Many of us have had enough of this same old crap. You and a few others need to get with the program and realize what is going on.

therhino -> RE: Erik (9/9/2008 11:15:40 PM)

Emerlee, I hate to inform you, but the testers know a lot more about whats going on than you will ever know.

Lucas718 -> RE: Erik (9/9/2008 11:34:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmerlee

Rino ...... The bugs will never be all out of this game. Erik said the testing was OK and all that held it up was ONE peerson signing off on it. One tester not "signing off" should not be holding this up.

That makes me belive testing is not the problem. David Winter and his relationship with Matrix is the problem. The so-called final release of this patch is months old.

Many of us have had enough of this same old crap. You and a few others need to get with the program and realize what is going on.

Who are all these people you claim have had enough of this "same old crap"? The only one complaining is you.

timewalker03 -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 2:10:44 AM)

Since Rhino you are in the know, is David no longer involved in this project or is there some other reason he has been away so long. This situation seems to have ocurred after the announcement of the for pay 2.5 patch which seems too coincidental to me. I enjoy the game, but am tired of spending hard earned money on games that say they will be supported then mysteriously the support goes away without any notice. I do realize that another patch is coming out so in essence the game is still being supported. After this patch how much support will there be for the game. Also is Patch 2.5 still a reality or is that now off the table. Hopefully you (since you are "in the know") can answer some of these questions.

therhino -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 2:20:27 AM)

Becuase of my NDA I can't say much, but David is working on this patch and he said in the public forum there will be a 2.5 if that is true or not you will have to decide for yourself. 

Scott_WAR -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 2:31:33 AM)

Yeah, its been far too long since David has posted.................whether its true or not something definatley seems wrong. A sure fire way to stop the wondering and questioning is to let us know whats going on... Something besides "soon". After a while 'soon' starts to be a bad joke.

Lucas718 -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 2:53:27 AM)

In one of his last posts he said that things were changing.  I wonder what that's about.  That was over 2 months ago.  Hmmm...

therhino -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 2:57:57 AM)

You guys should ask Erik, but I can bet you won't get a direct response.

Hubbard -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 4:35:53 AM)

Uh-oh. Someone is not happy. I don't know if it is Matrix Games or David. Regardless of who it is we the gamers will suffer.

I only hope that David spending so much of his time on this game has not thrown his personal life into crisis. I wanted a pc football game badly but not at the expense of someone's family.

Still, it would be nice to know something.

timewalker03 -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 6:31:18 AM)

Decide for myself if there is going to be a 2.5? My decision on 2.5 has no bearing whatsoever on if there will be a 2.5 or not. That is up to Matrix and David. Even for you to state that is unbelievable. I only asked you because you stated you "are in the know". I guess you either misstated yourself or are really not in the know.

This company is a very interesting entity when it comes to dealing with its customers. It should be stated in definitive terms if David is coming back or not. When asked direct questions with yes or no answers it gives a diisertaton but rarely ever gives an actual answer to the question. It is like dealing with American Politicians. So here I will ask thess questions to ERIK.

IS DAVID COMING BACK? YES OR NO

WILL THERE BE A 2.5 VERSION THAT WE PAY FOR? YES OR NO

therhino -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 6:47:50 AM)

Sorry I meant "decide if you think there will be a 2.5 or not" becuase no one will confirm either way for a while and I can't say more becuase of my NDA.

Frank Brickowski -> RE: Erik (9/10/2008 7:02:25 AM)

Sounds like game over to me. Unfortunatley.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI