Ai Turns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Chad44 -> Ai Turns (9/16/2008 5:33:53 AM)

Do you have to wacth the ai turns?

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Ai Turns (9/16/2008 8:27:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad44

I think you can hold down the "shift" key, or turn on the "caps lock" key. And the PO turn will be over real fast.

cesteman -> RE: Ai Turns (9/16/2008 4:44:14 PM)

Using the Caps lock will speed up the PO. If your playing a large scenario it can still take awhile to make all the moves needed. I don't know about the latter. Cheers.

ralphtricky -> RE: Ai Turns (9/17/2008 1:19:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad44

No.
Shift and Caps Lock work (This was shamelessly stolen from Steel Panthers.)
Minimizing the game is also an excellent option, makes things even faster, and is simple.

There are two other options in the Opart 3.ini file.
Setting nodelay = Y will do the same thing, although it may speed up your moves too.
nodelay=N
Setting noupdate = Y is even more extreme, it stops the screen updates too, although you will notice some artifacts. The combination of the two will really speed up the game, but isn't useful unless you're debugging PO(AI) work.

You probably don't want to use this switch[:D]
slowAnimation=N

Ralph

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Ai Turns (9/17/2008 6:11:31 AM)

And you can make units invisible at the end of your turn, and make them visible again when it's your turn again.

cesteman -> RE: Ai Turns (9/17/2008 7:13:50 AM)

Ok, guess I was off on my last post. So what's the best move to speed things up? Minimizing?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Ai Turns (10/17/2008 1:22:19 AM)

I just turn on the cap locks key and the combat phases / movement is over with before I could see what happened.  Then turn off the cap locks for my turn and everything is normal again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI