Only 12 days until Fallout3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

2ndACR -> Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 2:02:34 AM)

Loved the first 2, hope this release will be as good as those.

sol_invictus -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 2:21:19 AM)

I really don't know what to think about this release. I am wary because Bethesda developed it. I guess I will wait a month and see what the buzz is. At worst, it should at least be worth a few hours of enjoyment.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 3:03:13 AM)

Last time I checked, this one looked like a FPS with a few bolted on turn-based RPG elements. Have they changed it back to a true turn-based, party-based RPG? I loved Wasteland, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout: Tactics, but what I saw of Fallout 3 made me more concerned than excited. While I enjoy a good FPS from time to time, that's not what this series is about for me.

2ndACR -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 3:11:20 AM)

I am not sure........I saw the screen shots, but am really hoping it is like the previous 2. I may have to investigate a little more. I really do not care for FPS. That will really bum me out.

sapper_astro -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 6:05:11 AM)

This game doesn't seem to be anything like the original two. It has FPS combat with some sort of real-time-with-pause thing added. It seems all of the big time RPGs have gone this way, so I am probably going to pass over this one. Damn we need some of the old aspects of RPG's back.

doomtrader -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 8:11:18 AM)

Yesterday I started to play with the new release of Fallout's Doomsday mod for Hearts of Iron 2: DDA

I can tell you it's great. It is totaly awesome, check the info at www.hoi2-fallout.org
The amount of content is far more than in F3.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 8:26:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Yesterday I started to play with the new release of Fallout's Doomsday mod for Hearts of Iron 2: DDA

I can tell you it's great. It is totaly awesome, check the info at www.hoi2-fallout.org
The amount of content is far more than in F3.

You need to take the last slash of the URL otherwise it does not work

http://hoi2-fallout.org

doomtrader -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 11:29:48 AM)

There's a thread at No Mutant Allowed about leaked X-BOX version
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45491

I'm starting to think should I delete my pre-order. [8|]

Perturabo -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 11:55:16 AM)

I saw gameplay movies and it's a FPS with dialogues and stats.
I don't like it, because I liked Fallout for what it was - a classical cRPG that emulates the tabletop roleplaying experience.

I'm pretty bitter about it, because Fallout was far from being perfect - for example world's reactions to events in game could use a bit more work, also the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system feels rushed and not thought out enough (though it's still my favourite system from cRPGs.).
My dream Fallout 3 would have a GURPS/Jagged Alliance 2-style combat and character development system mixed with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and the rest of the game from Fallout + more survival elements.

Also, I'm working on a little pre-war Fallout mod for CCMT.

Grell -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 12:56:02 PM)

My son wants it for the 360, I am going to steer clear of it.

Regards,

Grell

sapper_astro -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 1:40:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I saw gameplay movies and it's a FPS with dialogues and stats.
I don't like it, because I liked Fallout for what it was - a classical cRPG that emulates the tabletop roleplaying experience.

I'm pretty bitter about it, because Fallout was far from being perfect - for example world's reactions to events in game could use a bit more work, also the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system feels rushed and not thought out enough (though it's still my favourite system from cRPGs.).
My dream Fallout 3 would have a GURPS/Jagged Alliance 2-style combat and character development system mixed with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and the rest of the game from Fallout + more survival elements.

Also, I'm working on a little pre-war Fallout mod for CCMT.

That is pretty much how I wanted Fallout 3 to be as well. Instead it has gone the same way as everything other RPG: for the casual market or some rubbish like that.

mack2 -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 1:56:11 PM)

screw fallout, I want FarCry 2 NOW!

doomtrader -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 2:12:59 PM)

ok mack2, then start a thread about FarCry 2 [:D]

reading more and more I'm less willing to have it.

mikul82 -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 5:36:02 PM)

As they said in a preview a while back, Fallout 3 is going to be "Even deeper than Call of Duty!". Sounds like it should be called "Fallout: Xtreme!!" to me.

It looks like Oblivion with guns, and like it not, Oblivion really didn't even qualify as "RPG", it was an action game with stats.

So far, most that I've heard about it would be similar to hearing an announcement of "War in the Pacific 2" coming up for PC- then revealing that it will be "Even deeper than Starcraft!", and a real time strategy game similar to Company of Heroes, but with more historically accurate units.

Hertston -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 7:02:06 PM)

I've pre-ordered partly because anything 'Fallout' I want to at least take a look at, partly because I did get enough enjoyment out of Oblivion to justify the purchase and partly because there's not much else on the immediate horizon, a couple of Matrix releases (with dates unknown) excepted, that I'm interested in. 

Perturabo -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/17/2008 8:51:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper_astro

That is pretty much how I wanted Fallout 3 to be as well. Instead it has gone the same way as everything other RPG: for the casual market or some rubbish like that.

Also, it ruined my dreams of one of future Fallout games having Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon" in intro...

Zakhal -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 12:39:09 AM)

I dont expect it to be like previous fallouts but I believe it will still be an okay radioactive-wasteland shooter with a twist. 

mikul82 -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 12:43:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

I dont expect it to be like previous fallouts but I believe it will still be an okay radioactive-wasteland shooter with a twist. 

Honestly, from what I've suffered through watching of the Fallout 3 (Xtreme!!) previews, your itch for the above would probably be best satisfied by one of the STALKER games. F3 really looks like a half-assed combination of FPS mixed with "RPG" stats and bullet time so far, IMO.

Zakhal -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 12:56:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlc82
Honestly, from what I've suffered through watching of the Fallout 3 (Xtreme!!) previews, your itch for the above would probably be best satisfied by one of the STALKER games. F3 really looks like a half-assed combination of FPS mixed with "RPG" stats and bullet time so far, IMO.

I own every wasteland game from wasteland (just finished it week ago) to both stalkers - I even have the german reloaded version of the fall gaia with english translation. So far what Ive seen and heard about fallout3 is that I like it and Ive been following it for a very long time from many sources. It looks like a fun shooter/hybrid. Hope they release the mod tools for PC soon after release.

Heres another "early" preview on fallout3 (didnt see any spoilers):
http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=9795.560

I was spoiled on the plot a bit though when few fallout fanatics spammed forums including official fallout3 ones with spoilers about the games ending. I guess they hated the game so much that they didnt want anyone else to enjoy it.

Krasny -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 3:23:55 PM)

Oblivion looked way cool, until you actually played it for a couple of hours.

It gets old real fast.

Like Mack , I'm frothing for Far Cry 2.

Greybriar -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 5:10:32 PM)

Does anyone know what type of copy protection Fallout 3 will have? I wouldn't want to buy it only to discover it has StarForce or some DRM similar to what Spore and Mass Effect have.

Perturabo -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 5:56:36 PM)

IIRC they said it's CD-check only.

V22 Osprey -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 6:17:43 PM)

Fallout 3 looks like crap to me.I would save my money for releases that are actually worth it.They even had Fallout 3 special on G4's X-Play.Should've had Gears of War 2 special if you ask me.

Lützow -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/18/2008 6:45:35 PM)

The french review says it all. F3 will become a shooter for retarded mainstream gamers with low attention span and yet another cash cow for Bethesda. I hate this, particulary with regard to RPG's had been my second favorite genre after strategy.

Fortunately I still own most of old school Bioware/Interplay titles, including Fallout 2.

doomtrader -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/20/2008 11:46:46 AM)

I just read that the X-box version scored 10/10.
Really don't know what to think about it.

Could you Americans let us know how good/bad the game is.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/20/2008 12:20:56 PM)

wth is Fallout?

doomtrader -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/20/2008 12:38:36 PM)

Are you kidding?

It's the best cRPG ever (at least one of the best)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_(computer_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_2

JudgeDredd -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/20/2008 2:26:05 PM)

yeah...doesn't look like something I'd be interested in. [:D]

doomtrader -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/20/2008 2:57:34 PM)

I completly understand that there are some people not interested in Fallout, but I didn't thought that the old generation dont know this title. :(

My son is 13 and it looks like he won't play Fallout 1 & 2, it's to ugly for him. But yeah F3 looks so great, this flying corps parts.
Where this world is going to?

Perturabo -> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 (10/20/2008 5:38:26 PM)

Fallout 1 ugly? Heresy!

Fallout 3 is ugly.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI