Maybe a wish list (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge

Hard Sarge -> Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 5:13:05 PM)

one, we need ranges when the sites are on the target

two, we need some info, if a bullet deflects or is a solid hit (right now, Torso hits look like a bug to me, too many -2 from little guns to heavy rifles do -2, if the round is being stopped by armor, say so, even more so, since you do not see any of the enemy wearing armor most times

three, as been asked before, how about a % chance of scoring a hit, that would take a lot of the what is wrong out of the game for the player, if he is taking poor shots, shame on him, but if he is missing 90% chances, then he has a right to complain

four, fix the damage model, a 30-06 does more damage then a 9mm, you know what is nice about a .45 APC, if it hits, the target goes down, it may not be a killing shot, but the target goes down, hit the target in the hand, he is hitting the deck

five, alot of people want something done with the camera, at least add another level of zoom to it (I think it works pretty good, but would like to be able to get a little closer)

six, if you hire a Merc and buy his weapons, give him some ammo for them, that is just lame

anything else we think we need ????

zknight -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 5:19:33 PM)

Do something with uber grenades...most of the time enemies have a much higher range than you do (no clue why even if my merc has 80+ str). Also where it lands should be more randomized they are 100% head on too much of the time.

This will help play medium difficulty which has a much better AI that I want to play against, but is just near impossible with all the grenade tossing.

SeanD -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 5:48:41 PM)

Guys keep this stuff coming. I plan on making as many changes as I can (I'm not a programmer but I can change some files) and getting a beta update out ASAP. This feedback is very valuable.

Anything I can't do myself I will plainly note.

Joram -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 5:57:31 PM)

I second everything HS said.

Also, ability to take ingame screenshots.

dodger bullet -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 7:57:17 PM)

definately add in OVER THE SHOULDER cam. it'd be nice to add this as a KEY, like press N to have OVER THE SHOULDER and press N again to regain previous cam position.

speaking of key, how about able to remap my keys. tried it with the cgf -- didn't save it, even tried having the cgf file readonly. no workie neither.

take away the crazy BREATH mechanic -- pulling the trigger takes it away, silly.

at least have a 1-2 day warning when a hired MERC leaves. cuz right now they're as capricious as a first date chick.

i don't know if this is in the system -- but have HIGHER % of hitting a target when that target was already AIMED/SHOT at. and that my merc hasn't changed target.

can we have a realistic version? where one bullet is fatal, and enemies drop what they're equipped with?

have more INTERRUPTS, especially when enemies try to LOB nades, and especially when my merc has high AGILITY. In real life, i woulnd't just sit there and watch that guy unpin, cook, and chuck that death-rock in my lap. not when i can run or shoot at him first.

for cosmetics:

add more blood
that red barret increases stealth -- it shouldn't, maybe camo-barret ought to do it
have the UZI and other __(insert smgs) gun -- be held with both hands, via hip stance
have the pose/animation of GUNS HELD high all the time in battle. it looks cooler. this was implemented well in JA 1.13 where you can choose to have yer merc AIM at an area -- and they'll do an aimed-stance. if you can implement the same thing it would rock. if you can implement the 7.62/e5 system where they can walk whilst in AIMED pose -- that would rock. even harder still.

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 8:24:30 PM)

• Enemies drop all gear option.
  • Configuration option to skip the psych questionnaire and specifically select the traits you want. Or at least a guide that shows which answers grant which traits.
  • FIX THE BREATH ISSUES.
  • Drastically reduce the AP cost to drop items on the ground. 13-16 APs is absurd.
  • Option to show % chance to hit the target.
  • Reconfigurable hot keys. Including the hot keys for quicksave/load.
  • Fix the bad Russian-to-English translations. For example, "quick loading", not "quick downloading". And replace "OC" with "HP". BTW, those of us that aren't Russian probably don't know what "Star Academy" is.
  • Fix the weird physics thing that when a prone enemy is incapacitated he flops around on the ground and then does a 180-degree head-to-foot rotation. When people drop unconscious they immediately fall flat in the spot they are in. An unconscious body doesn't magically get up off his back, spin around, and then drop on to his belly. No acrobatic gyrations, no dancing ****, no spinning in your grave.
  • Fix the uber-grenadier ability of the enemy. They shouldn't be able to toss grenades 2-3 times further than a player's mercs, and worse, do so with incredible accuracy. The enemy is more accurate (and deadly) with grenades than they are with bolt-action rifles.
  • If the cost of mercs triples from easy mode to normal mode, you shouldn't also lose $10,000 of starting money.

zknight -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 8:56:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dodger bullet

i don't know if this is in the system -- but have HIGHER % of hitting a target when that target was already AIMED/SHOT at. and that my merc hasn't changed target.

Agree with everything else you've said but this is already in. According to Constants.xml there is a higher to hit chance for a target you've shot at before and there is a penalty for switching targets. Might need to be increased though, I haven't played around with the values yet.

NobillyT -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 9:14:36 PM)

quote:

take away the crazy BREATH mechanic -- pulling the trigger takes it away, silly.

I don't know if I'd like to see the breath aspect of the game gone completely, but it could definitely use some tweaking. I agree running out of breath from pulling the trigger is silly. Reloading can be strenuous with some weapons, yes. But pulling a trigger? No.

About the camera, if the devs could incorporate the max draw distance as part of the .cfg file, that would be great. It would still allow the devs to supply the user the default distance, and let the user try to find the optimum draw distance for their own rig and play style.

Ditto on the request for a percent chance to hit indicator on targets.

laggoman -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 10:08:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zknight

Do something with uber grenades...most of the time enemies have a much higher range than you do (no clue why even if my merc has 80+ str). Also where it lands should be more randomized they are 100% head on too much of the time.

This will help play medium difficulty which has a much better AI that I want to play against, but is just near impossible with all the grenade tossing.

Well, every single NPC have 100 in stength so it is not so strange that they throw like gods. Just open up "Hired Guns\basis\scripts\logic\persons.xml" and change the strength for the NPCs (I recommend just copying their dexterity value).

Jorm -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 10:27:00 PM)

1. Some sort of financial managment information. I keep getting mercs leave and im assuming its because im short on money, but ive not clue really. Perhaps some information on WHY they leave would be good. Its been a long time since i played JA2 but i seem to recall this being much clearer in JA2

2. i agree with all hard sarges requests. Again JA 2 seemed MUCH better at all this stuff.

so far im really disapointed with this game
- poor clunky interface
- bad camera /zoom
- seems a retrograde step from JA
- early mission balance is poor, eg to many enemies.
- almost random hit damage and no feedback as to why the damage is so random ( as
per Hard Sarge post)
- many busg esepcially with moving mercs between squads and whole squads being locked out of strategic movement mode.

bartholimew -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 11:46:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorm
1. Some sort of financial managment information. I keep getting mercs leave and im assuming its because im short on money, but ive not clue really. Perhaps some information on WHY they leave would be good. Its been a long time since i played JA2 but i seem to recall this being much clearer in JA2

2. i agree with all hard sarges requests. Again JA 2 seemed MUCH better at all this stuff......................

In the campaign map screen, on the bottom left, is your $$ balance. Hover the mouse pointer over it and a green pop up will break down your expenses out vs your income in.

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/7/2008 11:56:58 PM)

One thing I very much miss from JA2 is the info screen that shows you how many points each merc has gone up in each skill/attribute, and the statistics for hits/misses/kills (in JA2 and Silent Storm). This game used to be JA3D, before they lost their license rights), and the first lesson in making sequels is to be sure that you include all of the features of the previous games in the series.

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 1:29:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

five, alot of people want something done with the camera, at least add another level of zoom to it (I think it works pretty good, but would like to be able to get a little closer)

There is a mod posted in a couple of the other threads that has a fix for the camera. I changed the values last night and the camera is very usable now, probably as good as one could expect.

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 1:32:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

Use Fraps to take multiple in-game screenshots, you can even make movies and display FPS. This tool should be in every gamers arsenal. It's free but there is also a pay-for version that has more features.

http://www.fraps.com/

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 1:40:51 AM)

quote:

can we have a realistic version? where one bullet is fatal, and enemies drop what they're equipped with?

If they added that then it would apply to your own Mercs too. That would kill the gameplay.

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 1:46:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorm

so far im really disapointed with this game
- poor clunky interface

In what way? IMO, there is nothing wrong with the GUI and don't find it clunky at all. Less clunky than JA2 IMO.

zknight -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 2:12:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: laggoman

Well, every single NPC have 100 in stength so it is not so strange that they throw like gods. Just open up "Hired Guns\basis\scripts\logic\persons.xml" and change the strength for the NPCs (I recommend just copying their dexterity value).

Oh wow you are correct. Another very weird design decision. I fixed that and it is now much better balanced.

So far I have 3 mods:
This strength mod, breath fix for shooting from Mods subforum, and the camera fix posted earlier. With these 3 things the game is 100% better.

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 2:42:25 AM)

I made a post to the mod forum so those 3 mods are easier for people to find.

lancer -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 4:47:19 AM)

Goodaye,

quote:

SeanD
Guys keep this stuff coming. I plan on making as many changes as I can (I'm not a programmer but I can change some files) and getting a beta update out ASAP. This feedback is very valuable.

Anything I can't do myself I will plainly note.

I'm sure everybody appreciates your good work here Sean but does this mean that the developers have kicked this game out onto the market and left it at that?

Cheers,
Lancer

Erik Rutins -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 4:50:14 AM)

No, it just means that Sean is hoping to make what changes we can before we get the first update from the developers.

brak -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 4:56:20 AM)

The ability to not just toggle between mercs, but to toggle the camera's focus to the mercs, too, would be nice.  Maybe this is available and I can't find it documented anywhere, but I got really spoiled with it by playing too much Advance Wars (don't laugh--too much, anyway) over the years.  It's kind of frustrating to lose your squad in a grove of trees that doesn't properly disappear despite having treetops off.  I know they're in there somewhere, but there's a battle going on in the sector and I'm wasting all sorts of AP just disentangling the idiots from each other.

zknight -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 5:09:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: brak

The ability to not just toggle between mercs, but to toggle the camera's focus to the mercs, too, would be nice.  Maybe this is available and I can't find it documented anywhere, but I got really spoiled with it by playing too much Advance Wars (don't laugh--too much, anyway) over the years.  It's kind of frustrating to lose your squad in a grove of trees that doesn't properly disappear despite having treetops off.  I know they're in there somewhere, but there's a battle going on in the sector and I'm wasting all sorts of AP just disentangling the idiots from each other.

It does focus on a merc when you double click their picture on the left gui. Or did you mean permanent focus/camera follow as they walk? Yea I don't think that's available.

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 6:48:40 AM)

A hotkey to switch the item from your right hand to your left hand (useful for going into hand-to-hand combat) would be very ... handy.

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 6:52:27 AM)

In the manual there is a key chart and it  says "S = move item to other hand / store to inventory"

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 6:56:56 AM)

Thanks. I'll have to test that in the game to see exactly how it works, as the manual is unclear. ("store to inventory"?)

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 8:11:40 AM)

Yea, don't know exactly what it means store to inventory. Probably when you are in the strat screen and if you click on an itm in your backpack it will store it to the common store inventory. I just tested it in the tactical screen and it switches hands just as it says. If one hand is empty and gun is in the other it does as you want.

One thing I just had happen in the game is that my merc could not see the NPC even though he was facing him but the NPC could see my merc so was able to shoot and hit mt merc but I couldn't do the same back. Seems the LOS calculations are lopsided in the enemies favor.

tbp -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 8:40:30 AM)

Rationally, if you don't tweak the breath-per-shot cost, the only squad that makes sense has 6 snipers, with 6 sniping riffles, shooting once per turn trying to maximize damage; anything else is rather useless being that you have to dig in once for all - moving is too expensive - to waste hordes of superhuman enemies that can land a shot or nade from half across the map. I, for one, would prefer a bit more diversity.

Then there's a few shortcomings 'reporting' wise: there's no way to look for your character traits, or condition, and most annoyingly, because there's no way to estimate the to-hit chance other than statistically sample (AKA shooting) you're never sure you've made the right positional or logistical choice. A simple to-hit estimation would really go a long way there, like other's noticed already.

Also, you'd think spotting would be settled when you get to make actions, but simply switching among your squad members sometimes reveals some more ennemies. And that ain't right: that's no action (no AP cost) and un-intuitive as possible. Let's say it's a bug (sadly, not the only one regarding spotting).

Now excuse me, i'm going to reroll another campaign, this time with tweaked breath so i can use burst once in a while ;)

Joram -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 11:46:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

Use Fraps to take multiple in-game screenshots, you can even make movies and display FPS. This tool should be in every gamers arsenal. It's free but there is also a pay-for version that has more features.

http://www.fraps.com/

Fair enough but I shouldn't have to get a TPA to do what 99% of games already do these days. That's why it's called a "wish list" anyway...

Hard Sarge -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 12:34:02 PM)

is there a way to see what the Merc's health is out side of the tact screens ?

kind of a pain trying to figure out who needs to do the healing and who needs to be healed out side of battle

(I have been going back in to look and then make changes afterward)

and for those who have not caught it, alot of times when the Mercs are saying silly things, it means that they just got a increase in some skill area (for a old man, Pitbull learns ACC pretty well)

Hard Sarge -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/8/2008 12:53:17 PM)

and Really, we got to have the weapons and the ammo linked togeather, don't give us Mercs with weapons that have no ammo on them, or in the store or on the maps

and again, ammo is a dime a dozen, it is the weapons that are needed

(I got a SDV, a M4A1, a M-79, a mini-14, a M-14 (also seen a ensfield) and no ammo anywhere)

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI