RE: Maybe a wish list (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge

Hard Sarge -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/9/2008 5:51:07 PM)

you know, all the asking for the over the shoulder view for the camera, and then being told that it is basicly a game issue, for why it can't be done

I think it is more then that, I think the LOS rules don't work right, and they don't want the camera showing it

a number of times I have seen where I should have a nice clean LOS of site to the target only to be told they can't see it

look at this shot from the weak soldiers to Jabby, there is nothing in the way, from other side

[image]local://upfiles/1438/ECF7827317F04037B85766C56499CE88.jpg[/image]

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 3:11:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

I think you misunderstood me, I meant, if I was hiring, none of these guys would be able to make my team, you need to at least be as good as I am, or have some skills I don't have, and outside of running for speed, I was pretty well trained

Yes, I did misunderstand you, sorry. You wouldn't hire me either because I am a lazy slob but in HG you might because I am a cheap date.

milkweg -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 3:15:31 PM)

There may be other variables that are affecting LOS. Maybe your merc is really Mr. Magoo.

VassagoPT -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 5:44:45 PM)

Since this is a wish list, and most of the game's severe issues are tweekable with MS Excel I rather wish big:

1 - Hired Guns SDK. Look how much new content there is for JA2, imagine that with Hired Guns engine [&o]

2 - True Night. I miss JA night ops wearing NV or UV goggles that increased FoV, please give us true pitch black night with light coming from lamps and fire, and NV goggles that effectively increase FoV.

3 - more craters and furniture with goodies inside.

4 - Use of crowbar and lockpicks to open stuff.

5 - Implement the "Jump" action so we can jump over fences and other objects. (it is already mentioned on game files, maybe it's half-way implemented)

6 - Fix the tree top remove feature. Currently the GUI button does nothing.

7 - more interactable NPC's with more missions that make us fight over previously conquered areas.

8 - interactable NPC's that can be hired as mercs or sell/buy goods.

9 - allow us to exit a sector while on the tactical mode by reaching the sector boundaries.

10 - craftable stuff, like molotovs, weapon upgrades, and all sorts of other enhancing devices.

All these were available on JA2, so this should have been part of the original sequel requirements and maybe already partly implemented.

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 5:55:43 PM)

1. Good luck with that. The reason there is so much new content for JA2 is that the modders working on it have all the original JA2 C++ source code.

2. Don't forget to ask that the pysch test allow you to get the Night Ops trait, which it currently won't.

3. The game already has furniture and crates with goodies.

6. The remove tree top button does work. It just doesn't work as we'd like it to.

VassagoPT -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 6:29:39 PM)

1. A SDK would be enough to create new mercs, storylines and sectors. There were very good mods for JA2 made before the source code was given, and that was done both by tweeking as we are doing with HG, but also by using the world editor tool to design sectors and such.
The JA2 source code gave the ability to improve game features, like the %hit thing and most notorious the JA2 multiplayer MOD.
Those would be nice to have on HG but I would be more than pleased if I had new campaigns with diferent sectors.

2. that's another bug that needs fixing and that I'm hopping it can be tweeked by editing Excel files, so I didn't include on my wish list.

3. I meant more, there are not even close to enough craters with goodies on this game. (fixed on the wish list now)

6. what does it do then? I don't see any change when I click on it... maybe I'm missing something there...

brak -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 10:36:02 PM)

quote:

It does focus on a merc when you double click their picture on the left gui. Or did you mean permanent focus/camera follow as they walk? Yea I don't think that's available.

Yeah, and I finally figured out that if you quickly double-click on any of the F1-F6 keys, that will also focus the camera on the merc's location. Life is good again. I still wish the treetops would actually disappear when I tell them to, but you can't have everything.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/10/2008 11:22:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VassagoPT

6. what does it do then? I don't see any change when I click on it... maybe I'm missing something there...

It makes the trees translucent when you hover the mouse over one, but it doesn't actually remove the trees.

VassagoPT -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/11/2008 2:50:30 AM)

Someone wished for an ingame screenshot tool if I remember correctly... well it seams this game doesn't stop surprising us because it already has a working Screenshot tool!

It saves 6.7mb .bmp files with my current PC resolution of 1680x1050 in a folder named Shots located on the main Hired Guns game folder.

It works by opening the console with ~ key (left to "1" key) and then typing Screenshot.
This obviously ruins the shot because it displays the console, but then I decided to press all keyboard keys and made screenshots, not sure what key did it though, I'll check it out tomorrow, but now need some sleep.

PS: be warned that the quality of the shots is not great, but good enough to display ingame tactics or bugs.

SeanD -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/11/2008 3:57:47 AM)

I think the button to take screenshots is either PrtScn (Print Screen - that would make sense, no?) or ScrLk (Scroll Lock). Try those and see what pops up in your directory.

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/11/2008 7:55:53 AM)

I can confirm that PrtScn places a .bmp into the Shots folder.

SeanD -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/11/2008 8:24:41 PM)

Thanks - that's going in the FAQ.

Wee -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/14/2008 6:17:22 AM)

More frequent interrupts...

which would make goofy grapes & lefty lemons quite needed

Smoke grenades 

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/14/2008 7:31:41 AM)

Considering the amount of coding and major graphics work involved, don't expect smoke or gas grenades in a game with a 3D engine. Especially from a development studio with a tiny budget.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/14/2008 10:31:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wee

More frequent interrupts...

which would make goofy grapes & lefty lemons quite needed

Smoke grenades

there looks to be a bug with Interrupts, you can get one, and then on your turn, you have no APs, also most times you do get one, you don't have any APs to react

flankspeed -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/15/2008 12:27:56 AM)

When aiming an explosive weapon ie grenade ,grenade launcher, rpg etc...
It would be nice for it to show a trajectory so you can see if it is going to impact an obstacle. This would help a lot when trying to throw grenades into windows and doors!

zonks32 -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/15/2008 2:59:38 AM)

I would like the ability to sell off all my unused gear, either online or a merchant in one of the settlements, it does not seem right throwing it all away, and keeping it just causes clutter.

MrLoadsOfQuestion -> RE: Maybe a wish list (12/16/2008 4:51:55 PM)

Maybe a character panel should be added to show the various skills the Mercs have in the game and actually give us an idea of how the skills can actually work or affect the game? The Mercs description are just too vague and im trying to think that those descriptions are just telling stories.

pad152 -> RE: Maybe a wish list (4/27/2009 6:23:43 AM)

1. Ability to sell equipment.

2. Hunting and looting for equipment hidden in lockers, crates, etc.

3. The second merc company and second on-line store that was in JA.

4. Miss the great battles inside the buildings and sub-basements of the original JA.

5. Tracking of missions & kills by each Merc.

6. Canteens, that when used replenish fatigue (blue bar).

7. Quick Save button, allowing player to save at any time.

Jams -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/15/2009 4:06:25 AM)

1. Breath either fixed or add an option to disable (I tried setting all the breath options to 0 in actions_cost but it didn't seem to make any difference).

2. Tree toggle needs fixing.

3. Range indicator or % to hit marker or both

4. Add visuals for weapon upgrades (Silencer, GL, scope etc...).

5. An option to not watch all of an enemy/allies turn would be nice (watching 20 natives run around in circles getting shot at for 5 minutes every turn is a bit tedious).

www.pjstemplates.com -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/16/2009 11:54:08 PM)

I would like to see the number of grenades an enemy NPC has be finite.

Mack the Knife -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/17/2009 3:05:56 AM)

-> Tree toggle needs fixing
agreed, i thought it was just my graphics card [:D]

-> Add visuals for weapon upgrades (Silencer, GL, scope etc...)
you mean other than the little "indicator light"? you mean actually show the upgrade in the picture? hmmm, that's a lot of images to have standing by just in case someone adds a silencer...but anyway

->Range indicator or % to hit marker
i like this so i don't waste my AP on low probably shots, but i don't like it as it might detract from the challenge if you ALWAYS knew you were going to hit a target.

Stealth_Hitman -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/17/2009 3:11:12 AM)

[X(]There is no quick save. That is a must in strategy games.

Mack the Knife -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/17/2009 4:11:58 AM)

stealth, it's not in the manual but it's one those tips as the mission loads:

F12 = quick save (2 slots)
F8 = quick load

Stealth_Hitman -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/17/2009 11:12:06 AM)

O yea I remember those pop up tips when the game is loading. I haven't played since jan I think. but hav a good memory on most things. O there is a text file that tells you tips and tricks of the game in the game directory and i think when you go to the game section in the start menu.

Jams -> RE: Maybe a wish list (5/19/2009 10:55:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mack the Knife

-> Add visuals for weapon upgrades (Silencer, GL, scope etc...)
you mean other than the little "indicator light"? you mean actually show the upgrade in the picture? hmmm, that's a lot of images to have standing by just in case someone adds a silencer...but anyway

->Range indicator or % to hit marker
i like this so i don't waste my AP on low probably shots, but i don't like it as it might detract from the challenge if you ALWAYS knew you were going to hit a target.

Check in UI\resources\weapons a lot of the icons for weapons with upgrades already exist. But I did also mean for them to show up in 3d battle as well.

I'd prefer some kind of range indicator as it is less of a detraction from the challenge but I'd rather have anything than nothing.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI