Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge

Erik Rutins -> Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/9/2008 11:00:37 PM)

Hi everyone,

We've got a public beta update to share with you. It's a data update only, but exe changes are coming soon. You can download it through our Members Club (the Members link in the top navigation bar on the site). Make sure you register your copy of Hired Guns, then go to Private Downloads to get access to the public beta installer.

Here's the change list. Please keep in mind this is a beta and thus likely to change as we get more time to test and tweak. Please post your feedback on this beta update in this thread. Thanks!

12/9/2008 – 1.07.001 Public Beta
Features and Enhancements

• Changed camera settings – Tweaked camera for more zoom and angle freedom. Note that the additional "system-free.cfg" can be used to replace the default system.cfg if you want complete camera freedom. However, this can cause unusual camera behavior on some maps and in some situations.
• Change grenade range – Decreased strength of enemies on medium and easy
• Decreased the number of grenades most enemies carry to 1 on medium and easy
• Decreased stamina cost of shooting, increased strength of all mercs on medium and easy
• Increased marksmanship for all mercs on medium and easy
• Mercs are now less expensive at the medium level, which should make the play balance on this level more reasonable.
• Slightly increased the armor piercing chance for shotgun ammo and some small caliber and hollow point ammo types.
• Increased shotgun accuracy.
• All mercs will now come with at least some ammo for their starting weapon and starting ammo has generally been increased.
• Increased the availability of ammo and some weapons at Dickie Jay's, including making some weapons and ammo appear earlier in the game.
• Armor now appears more frequently at Dickie Jay's.

We have setup the link below for people to download the public beta patch if they are having trouble dowloading from the members area.

Hired Guns 1.07.001 Beta Patch

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 12:57:56 AM)

1. It should be noted that the reduced cost of mercs does not affect already in-progress games, nor does changing any hireable merc stats, since all that info is stored in the saved game file(s). And the save files aren't text, so directly editing the saved games doesn't appear to be an option at present.
  2. Can we get an explanation of what, exactly, triggers "Phase 1", "Phase 2", et cetera so that us modders can properly evaluate the changes and tweak things as we see fit? (Personally, I consider making everything available at DJ's on day 1 to ruin the game, so I don't use that particular mod.)
  3. Based on my experience with modded strength values prior to this beta patch, I don't think you need to reduce enemy grenade counts all the way down to 1. With the greatly reduced strength the enemies on most maps don't use grenades at all. So I think it'll be okay to give at least some of them 2-3 grenades.
Any chance that someone is working on (or, better yet, already has) a saved game editor so that those of us deep into our games don't have to restart to get reduced merc costs?

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 2:26:11 AM)

Thanks Erik!

Gonna download now and try it out.

CowGod -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 8:47:43 AM)

I agree with shadow warrior about the nades. Our complaint was that the enemy seemed o employ cyborgs like power when throwing a grenade. How much nades the enemy does have is not important.

Finally! This game was crying for this patch. Good job.

Will a map editor be realesed?

animaluk -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 12:38:06 PM)

Have loaded update version number still showing original 1.007

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 12:42:56 PM)

The version number is encoded into the .exe file, and the beta update only changes data files. The version number won't change until an official (non-beta) patch is released.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 1:13:36 PM)

just in case, I got a error page when I reg the game, tried again and it said I had already done so, then the patch pages showed a number of error messages (downloader downloaded and installed, okay, not seen if it works yet :(

it may of been something on my end, but...

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 1:20:50 PM)

Sarge, did you try to re-register the game after beta-patching it? I registered it (once) so that I could download the patch, then I applied the patch and started up a new game. No problems at all. The serial .cfg file still says 1.007.000, as does the game's main page, which is what I expected. The beta patch's data file alterations are all functional, and the annoying bug with the mail indicator constantly being reset is mercifully gone.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 1:23:28 PM)

let see

I tried to Reg the game and got a error page, then when I tired again, it said I had already done so, and then was able to get to the download area

I didn't try again after installing the patch

(figured they already had me)

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 2:22:23 PM)

hmmm, started a new game, made me, and got my troops, go to the map, place my troops, click ready and get a crash

will see if I got a bad download (shouldn't the installer was good ?)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 2:30:10 PM)

If you got a crash, please zip up your logs sub-folder and e-mail it to me. Thanks! Let me know if this happens again. We've been testing this without any new issues, but it could be you hit on something we didn't see.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 2:40:20 PM)

Hi Erik (or is that good morning ?)

I noticed that I went to try and get some snaps of the opening round and my guy dissappeared, I could move him around and his name showed up, but he wasn't there

was looking to see if he came back up, when the battle started, but that is when I got the crash (never seen that before)

restarted that save, went into the map, and my guy was there again

but, this time he didn't have any gear (I bought a M1, 4 clips of ammo and a nade and cheap armor)

I checked the other troops and I had rearanged there gear, and it was, so don't know if I lost the gear or if it is still in the wharehouse

my guy is the dark haired, slight beard, looks like on map guy is the baldy ?

Strength bump looks good, but, like pittbull, he has 8.5 or so pounds of gear and is at 30%

you going to use this post for bugs, coments, or you going to make a new one ?

[image]local://upfiles/1438/28532003346F4DB3BD938B1EBC1928BC.jpg[/image]

ShadoWarrior -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 2:51:04 PM)

It's strange you're having these problems because I'm playing with the beta and it's working fine for me.

Wee -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:06:52 PM)

quote:

You can download it through our Members Club (the Members link in the top navigation bar on the site). Make sure you register your copy of Hired Guns, then go to Private Downloads to get access to the public beta installer.

OK, I've done everything like you said but I can't still download the file or installer. Private download's link won't lead me nowhere. Clicking the "downloads" link only reloads the Matrix - Community / Registered downloads page.

Is the file missing or am I misiing something big time (or am I just retarded in someway?)

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:16:56 PM)

if you Reg your game, you should be able to get the private page and then click on your games, and HG should show up ????

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:20:09 PM)

SW

not sure what happened, but I think it was with my guy

as my screen shot shows he don't have any gear, also all of his stats are wrong

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:20:22 PM)

Very odd Sarge. Frankly it looks like something got pretty messed up in your save there, I would start a new game if I were you. E-mail me the crash log when you get a chance please.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:25:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wee
OK, I've done everything like you said but I can't still download the file or installer. Private download's link won't lead me nowhere. Clicking the "downloads" link only reloads the Matrix - Community / Registered downloads page.

If you're logged into the Members Club and Registered your Game, then click on "Registered Downloads". Look in the list for Hired Guns, click on the "Downloads" link next to Hired Guns and you should see the beta update. Click on the file name link for the beta update and it should download.

milkweg -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:27:56 PM)

Don't have the beta yet because I never register my games but will make an exception for this one. Personally, I like the idea of NPCs only getting one grenade so hope it stays that way but I guess I can always mod that manually if it doesn't stay that way.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:34:56 PM)

is the crashlog in the HG folder ?

if so, I don't see one

and yea, I was going to start up a new one, I just wanted to see if the save I had, had the crash in it or if it worked, it worked, but worked wrong

Love the Shotgun so far

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 3:55:50 PM)

Look for a /Logs sub-folder in your main HG installation. If the game generated a crash log file, it would be in there.

milkweg -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 4:06:03 PM)

I like Hired Guns, I like to watch TV too.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 4:56:41 PM)

Please keep this thread to discussion of Hired Guns. I'll e-mail you to discuss Starshatter.

dodger bullet -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 5:05:14 PM)

Registered. When I click on PRIVATE DOWNLOAD -- it doesn't lead me to the file page. It just reloads to the game lists.

But when I clicked on another game i'd registered -- it takes me to the file page.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 5:21:09 PM)

found a log Fatal, sent that in a Email

Wee -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 7:20:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dodger bullet

Registered. When I click on PRIVATE DOWNLOAD -- it doesn't lead me to the file page. It just reloads to the game lists.

Your problem seems to be similar to mine.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 7:43:24 PM)

Did you try my instructions in Post #18 above?

Wee -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 9:56:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Did you try my instructions in Post #18 above?

Hello Erik

Yes I did, but it doesn't help.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

If you're logged into the Members Club and Registered your Game, then click on "Registered Downloads". Look in the list for Hired Guns, click on the "Downloads" link next to Hired Guns and you should see the beta update.

--> When I Click the "downloads", the same "registered downloads" -page reloads again.

Could this be browser related problem? (I have the latest[?] mozilla)

westerhouse -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 9:59:09 PM)

I seem to have the same problem as wee and dodger bullet. I can get to the registered downloads page and Hired Guns shows up with a downloads link, the same as my other registered games, but the link only reloads the same page. All the other registered game download links work?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hired Guns v1.07.001 Public Beta Now Available! (12/10/2008 10:00:58 PM)

Very odd, I'll have to ask our admin. I'm also using Firefox 3.04 and it's working fine for me, no idea what could be causing these issues.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI