MCNA: Save the Italians, question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

Big T -> MCNA: Save the Italians, question (4/27/2002 1:21:43 AM)

I've just finished the sceneraio, where I had to take the town of Bir el Tenegor ("light resistance", my a**) :eek:
Anyway, I recieved a Draw, and the next scen I am tasked with linking up with a cut off Italian group on the road to Derna, I chose the option for "eagles from above" (basiclly a bunch of Stukas! :D )

Now I see about 4000pts of victory hexes in british control, and one 1000 pt already in my possesion. But the briefing gave me the impresstion that I am to "SAVE" the Italians, yet I see no exit hexs listed. Nore: There are the normal RETREAT hexes, but none that I see are the special ones that give you points for leaving the map.

Does anyone have any experience with this that can advise me to ready for a knock down drag out fight, or a "shoot-and-scoot"?

Tanks! :)

DaveConn -> (4/28/2002 3:58:56 AM)

If it's the scenario I'm thinking of, you "save the Italians" by keeping the British from killing them; you don't need to exit them from the map.
--Dave

ZoomBoy27 -> (4/29/2002 3:37:27 PM)

Oh, I thought you meant, "save the Italians?"

ZoomBoy

mao -> (4/29/2002 9:32:38 PM)

[QUOTE] ("light resistance", my a**)[/QUOTE]
Was that a WBW scenario??? If so... there is NEVER light resistance in a WBW scenario...

Wild Bill -> (5/3/2002 7:47:21 PM)

It is, my friend. So much for intelligence, eh, Mao! Good to see you here.

David is right. "Saving" the Italians here means to keep them from being annihilated by attacking British forces. They are not to be exited and it would be difficult if not impossible to do so.

Instead, the Dietsl Kampfgruppe is to come to their aid and fight off the bloody boogers as they charge for the Italian camp.

So this one is really tough! They are being killed as you approach...and so are your men.

Good hunting!

Wild Bill

Big T -> Thanks (5/7/2002 12:42:08 AM)

I appreciate the info, all. I finally finished that battle last night. I managed to even get a DV!

I was so proud of one of my little IT Tanks, that I nick named 'Matilda' cause that's was what it was acting like against the British Cruisers!! It must've had over 20-30 rounds bounce off of it. Alas, it finally bit the big one. (i think it took a Vickers MkII? with the 3inch'er gun to take it out) BUT, it had bought the precious time for my German force to get there and bail the rest of the Italians out. :D

(the next one looks like fun too, I get to steal some Matilda's. (Ironically enough!! :D )

Wild Bill -> Stealing Matilda Tanks - MCNA (5/7/2002 2:53:21 AM)

Preparing this scenario took some doing. How to make Matildas "German friendly" and how to have the "tank crews" sneak in and take them without being fired upon in the tank depot.

With a little "Wilder" finnegaling, I got it to work. It is fun trying to extract those Matildas right out from under the British noses ;)

Wild Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI