Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCNA: Save the Italians, question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MCNA: Save the Italians, question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCNA: Save the Italians, question - 4/27/2002 1:21:43 AM   
Big T

I've just finished the sceneraio, where I had to take the town of Bir el Tenegor ("light resistance", my a**) :eek:
Anyway, I recieved a Draw, and the next scen I am tasked with linking up with a cut off Italian group on the road to Derna, I chose the option for "eagles from above" (basiclly a bunch of Stukas! :D )

Now I see about 4000pts of victory hexes in british control, and one 1000 pt already in my possesion. But the briefing gave me the impresstion that I am to "SAVE" the Italians, yet I see no exit hexs listed. Nore: There are the normal RETREAT hexes, but none that I see are the special ones that give you points for leaving the map.

Does anyone have any experience with this that can advise me to ready for a knock down drag out fight, or a "shoot-and-scoot"?

Tanks! :)

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)
Post #: 1
- 4/28/2002 3:58:56 AM   
DaveConn

If it's the scenario I'm thinking of, you "save the Italians" by keeping the British from killing them; you don't need to exit them from the map.
--Dave

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 2
- 4/29/2002 3:37:27 PM   
ZoomBoy27

Oh, I thought you meant, "save the Italians?"

ZoomBoy

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 3
- 4/29/2002 9:32:38 PM   
mao

[QUOTE] ("light resistance", my a**)[/QUOTE]
Was that a WBW scenario??? If so... there is NEVER light resistance in a WBW scenario...

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 4
- 5/3/2002 7:47:21 PM   
Wild Bill

It is, my friend. So much for intelligence, eh, Mao! Good to see you here.

David is right. "Saving" the Italians here means to keep them from being annihilated by attacking British forces. They are not to be exited and it would be difficult if not impossible to do so.

Instead, the Dietsl Kampfgruppe is to come to their aid and fight off the bloody boogers as they charge for the Italian camp.

So this one is really tough! They are being killed as you approach...and so are your men.

Good hunting!

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 5
Thanks - 5/7/2002 12:42:08 AM   
Big T

I appreciate the info, all. I finally finished that battle last night. I managed to even get a DV!

I was so proud of one of my little IT Tanks, that I nick named 'Matilda' cause that's was what it was acting like against the British Cruisers!! It must've had over 20-30 rounds bounce off of it. Alas, it finally bit the big one. (i think it took a Vickers MkII? with the 3inch'er gun to take it out) BUT, it had bought the precious time for my German force to get there and bail the rest of the Italians out. :D

(the next one looks like fun too, I get to steal some Matilda's. (Ironically enough!! :D )

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 6
Stealing Matilda Tanks - MCNA - 5/7/2002 2:53:21 AM   
Wild Bill

Preparing this scenario took some doing. How to make Matildas "German friendly" and how to have the "tank crews" sneak in and take them without being fired upon in the tank depot.

With a little "Wilder" finnegaling, I got it to work. It is fun trying to extract those Matildas right out from under the British noses ;)

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MCNA: Save the Italians, question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI