Co HQ as a tank commander (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

LilJoe -> Co HQ as a tank commander (5/3/2002 5:11:03 AM)

In campaign generator how can I have the CO HQ as a tank commander. I noticed this sometimes randomly occurs but I want to be able to control it.

Goblin -> (5/3/2002 6:51:35 AM)

Are you refering to your Overall HQ unit (A0)? If so, the only way to make it a tank unit is to upgrade it after the first battle of the campaign. Otherwise, it is ALWAYS an infantry unit.

If you are asking about a [I]company [/I] commander, if you purchase a tank company, the first tank is the company HQ.

Goblin- A Goblin lets you know who's the boss:)

Larry Holt -> (5/3/2002 9:09:07 PM)

Alternately you can always save the game as a scenario then use the editor to change the leader's unit type.

Warrior -> (5/4/2002 3:21:24 AM)

the main HQ (A0) can be changed to any type of unit during design. Redleg is famous for having various types of units be HQ.

Charles2222 -> (5/4/2002 5:19:07 AM)

You have to be careful though. I've made it a point when picking tank companies to not change the lead platoon, to, say a section of heavy tanks. In such a situation, often enough what was the company command section will then lose it's recon status, as well as no telling what else (Oh yeah, your company command unit, in that case, will often be only a sargeant instead of a 1stLt or better).

Any overall command I've seen has always been infantry. I suspect that they have strong infantry/artillery ratings. To switch it for a section or single unit, whatever the means, you may find yourself with that HQ not being able to call down artillery reliably if switched for a tank. Not only that, but you would have a tank with likely very lousy armored command ratings, unlike you pure tank units. Actually, now that I think about it, you would have "either" good artillery rating or good armor rating when switching to a tank, but you would have one of the two, not both being lousy. Bottom line is switching units to another type (ie. tank for infantry) messes around with getting something of a bastardized unit, where their ratings are unnatural for type, making them inferior to units of that type.

Warrior -> (5/4/2002 5:57:58 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles_22
[B]You have to be careful though. I've made it a point when picking tank companies to not change the lead platoon, to, say a section of heavy tanks. In such a situation, often enough what was the company command section will then lose it's recon status, as well as no telling what else (Oh yeah, your company command unit, in that case, will often be only a sargeant instead of a 1stLt or better).

Any overall command I've seen has always been infantry. I suspect that they have strong infantry/artillery ratings. To switch it for a section or single unit, whatever the means, you may find yourself with that HQ not being able to call down artillery reliably if switched for a tank. Not only that, but you would have a tank with likely very lousy armored command ratings, unlike you pure tank units. Actually, now that I think about it, you would have "either" good artillery rating or good armor rating when switching to a tank, but you would have one of the two, not both being lousy. Bottom line is switching units to another type (ie. tank for infantry) messes around with getting something of a bastardized unit, where their ratings are unnatural for type, making them inferior to units of that type. [/B][/QUOTE]

Charles is probably correct here, but all command values can be adjusted during design if you want to go that way.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI