RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

wworld7 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/2/2009 10:13:53 PM)

Erik,

Thanks for the update.

Meeting a budget is difficult in the best of times, and these for sure are not the best of times.

July works for me if it is ready at that point, but if it isn't I will wait until it is.

Be well,

Erik Rutins -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/2/2009 10:39:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89
But..... you guys said you would release at least a portion of the manual before the game is released. Well?

Yep, that's still underway.

rroberson -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/2/2009 10:48:39 PM)

[:)]  As I told my opponent about our game last month.  Im not worried about the AE release interupting our game any time soon...

I am curious to know the strategy behind releasing the hard copy (with manual) and digital release at the same time.  I know I generally pay the extra 15 dollars to get the disc when I download any game, but if the download is ready before the "gold" copy disc most companies release the download and the disc follows on a couple weeks later.

tigercub -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 12:58:07 AM)

Thanks Erik for update, because i am in OZ i just want download and print the manual myself like i do with all games i buy.

bring in on![&o]

T Rav -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 1:59:13 AM)

"...early July is looking more definite." -- Erik Rutins 

I know everyone is wanting this to come out earlier, however, Matrix has decided to sync the release date with my "early July" retirement from the military.  That was the key date I've been targeting all along.  My thanks to Matrix.

T Rav

Just don't tell my wife...

TalonCG2 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 2:05:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

June is looking unlikely and early July is looking more definite.

Oh, just in time for my birthday! (19 July) [8D] [&o]

Yank -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 2:31:40 AM)

I'm curious too. Even if you're -only- buying the boxed copy you're still waiting for days for delivery while the download customers have the product in hand. Matrix must have a reason, but it is perplexing. They must think not synchronizing the product release will hurt sales somehow.

Oh well, I am out of town away from a computer in "early July" for a while...no access to AE, at least I'll be on vacation and it'll be waiting for me when I get back!

mbatch729 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 4:29:06 AM)

Erik,

Thanks for the update, and the transparency with what's going on.

Tophat1815 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 7:14:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

[:)]  As I told my opponent about our game last month.  Im not worried about the AE release interupting our game any time soon...

I am curious to know the strategy behind releasing the hard copy (with manual) and digital release at the same time.  I know I generally pay the extra 15 dollars to get the disc when I download any game, but if the download is ready before the "gold" copy disc most companies release the download and the disc follows on a couple weeks later.

This is where I was trying to go as well,but seems it just ain't gonna happen. oh well,such is life.

bradfordkay -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 7:23:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

This is where I was trying to go as well,but seems it just ain't gonna happen. oh well,such is life.

They're doing it for me... I am on dialup, so I can't use digital download. They didn't want such a long standing member of the WITP community to not be able to get his copy within a few days of everyone else! [:'(]

Akos Gergely -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 7:29:15 AM)

Erik,

I hate to sound impatient but what's the reason you're holding back the game because of the printed manual? I mean wouldn't it be logical for you guys to start make money ASAP after the game is done? Introducing a few weeks (or even unknown length) delay because of a feature most people/players in here don't really care about in the first place - I can't really get it....honestly you did not wait with WitP for the boxed edition to be synched am I right? WHat changed since then?

SOrry for the ranting but it's a bit frustrating to wait more for no real added value :(

bradfordkay -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 7:38:10 AM)

Actually, the very first WITP games that were sold were the boxed edition. There's a photo on this forum of "the first WITP customer" (Xargun) holding five boxed copies at the 2004 Origins convention. 

TheTomDude -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 9:36:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yank

I'm curious too. Even if you're -only- buying the boxed copy you're still waiting for days for delivery while the download customers have the product in hand. Matrix must have a reason, but it is perplexing. They must think not synchronizing the product release will hurt sales somehow.

When I buy a Matrix game it usually takes between 1 and 4 weeks until I have the box in my hands. But normally I don't care, because after the download I can get right into the game without having to wait for the box.
I really don't understand the decision made to sync the release. It just makes no sense to me.

I'm really frustrated now 'cause my holiday starts on the 22nd June. The late June release would have just been perfect for this long awaited treasure. And now this...

[:(][&:]

Akos Gergely -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 10:35:13 AM)

quote:

I really don't understand the decision made to sync the release. It just makes no sense to me.

I'm really frustrated now 'cause my holiday starts on the 22nd June. The late June release would have just been perfect for this long awaited treasure. And now this.

Exact same here [:o] I've just took out holidays to play the game and now this because of a stupid printer issue....and who knows how much more delay will be introduced because of that.

Seriously, we should do a voting thread in the hope of convincing Matrix not to wait for the manual and release what's ready :D

fabertong -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 10:40:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: csatahajos

quote:

I'm really frustrated now 'cause my holiday starts on the 22nd June. The late June release would have just been perfect for this long awaited treasure. And now this.

Exact same here [:o] I've just took out holidays to play the game and now this because of a stupid printer issue....and who knows how much more delay will be introduced because of that.

Seriously, we should do a voting thread in the hope of convincing Matrix not to wait for the manual and release what's ready :D

I'm sure such a vote would be hands down FOR the earliest possible release, and not the wait for the Manual...(I mean I still haven't read the WitP one....which does sadly show in my gameplay)........but I'm sure Matrix have a good reason for this synched release thingy..........as frustrating as it is......

CV Zuikaku -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 1:15:09 PM)

Let's vote! we have waited long enough! waiting for printed manual and/or maps does not make any sense. Release the digital version and we can wait for boxed version and manual for a few more months. Just do not delay the AE -AGAIN [:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 1:33:22 PM)

Sorry guys, we have tried it both ways. For important releases, if the physical copy is not available at release we get a lot of flak directed at us from the customer base. I realize that most of you posting here just want the download version ASAP. However, from past experience, once you have the download and later start hearing how beautiful the 330 page color manual is, you'll be asking us if there's any way to retroactively "upgrade" your purchase, etc. It adds to our support load and makes for enough unhappy customers that we really prefer the synchronized releases when possible. Besides, AE is not gold (yet) so at this point neither version is ready. Keep in mind also that this does have limits, so we're not going to delay the release indefinitely if the printer keeps exceeding our deadlines.

Regards,

- Erik

CV Zuikaku -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 1:37:11 PM)

I'm aware that you have many problems developing AE... but many of us took a late June vacation because it was said that AE will be definitely ready by that time. And now... another delay... it makes me mad! [:@] [:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 1:45:59 PM)

CV Zuikaku,

Where did I say it would "definitely" be ready in late June? I think I've always said that we were aiming for that timeframe, but there were no guarantees. There never are with game releases.

Regards,

- Erik

SuluSea -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 1:46:30 PM)

I'd rather wait for a manual because I usually read them cover to cover. In a perfect world we buy a physical and digital copy, download it when AEs completed and the physical copy gets shipped out along with the manual when that's ready. [:)]

CV Zuikaku -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 2:02:08 PM)

quote:

CV Zuikaku,

Where did I say it would "definitely" be ready in late June? I think I've always said that we were aiming for that timeframe, but there were no guarantees. There never are with game releases.

Regards,

- Erik

yes, there was that timeframe... and I know there were no guaratees... I was just hoping, that this time will be no delays... I don't know ... now I'm a bit shocked... and demoralized...

Tophat1815 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 2:35:26 PM)

quote:

Sorry guys, we have tried it both ways. For important releases, if the physical copy is not available at release we get a lot of flak directed at us from the customer base. I realize that most of you posting here just want the download version ASAP. However, from past experience, once you have the download and later start hearing how beautiful the 330 page color manual is, you'll be asking us if there's any way to retroactively "upgrade" your purchase, etc. It adds to our support load and makes for enough unhappy customers that we really prefer the synchronized releases when possible. Besides, AE is not gold (yet) so at this point neither version is ready. Keep in mind also that this does have limits, so we're not going to delay the release indefinitely if the printer keeps exceeding our deadlines.

Regards,

- Erik

You misunderstand my point. Charge us all for the one version that includes printed the manual. Just allow us to digital download the game and play while we wait for our boxed copy. No upgrade needed as there is only one package,digital download with hard copy sent after its available.

Example: AE sells for $100 US(hypothetical here)customers pay via normal payment options. They can then do the digital download and when the boxed game is ready for shipment it ships.

With a big 330 page manual its going to cost more than a few $'s for shipping.

Anyway just an idea. No upgrade needed and we stop crying online.[:D]

Lützow -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 2:54:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

I'd rather wait for a manual because I usually read them cover to cover. In a perfect world we buy a physical and digital copy, download it when AEs completed and the physical copy gets shipped out along with the manual when that's ready. [:)]

/second

I wouldn't mind to see my physical copy on backorder when I get a premature download in return. Same way as WaR release was done, since DR run short on manuals.

Maybe someone should start a poll about who would be willing to accept such a solution.

Yank -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 2:59:47 PM)

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

That's great news Eric, thanks. It's good to know that at some point you will draw a "line in the sand" with the printer if necessary. I used to do a lot of business with print vendors in a former life and I know how hard it can be whipping a new print shop into shape when they don't know you or how you normally do business. Takes a while to get them working with you efficiently.

CV Zuikaku -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 3:02:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

quote:

/second

I wouldn't mind to see my physical copy on backorder when I get a premature download in return. Same way as WaR release was done, since DR run short on manuals.

Maybe someone should start a poll about who would be willing to accept such a solution.

well, I can wait physical copy for months if needed, just let us download digital copy when it is ready. Think that all of us have waited for long enough... have mercy on us this time [;)] [&o]

Sarge -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 3:11:32 PM)

quote:

Ditto

Charles2222 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 3:18:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fabertong

Well I'll try to take this with 'good grace'.........but must admit ........I feel a bit glum.......still.....every day brings AE 1 day closer......mind you, that holds true even if AE is released in 2015...............and I know, no matter what, it will be worth the wait.......

No, you got that all wrong. Everyday that comes, means it keeps moving further away. There was a day when there wasn't printer problems, then that day came, and it moved further away. So, fear tomorrow, for it could move further away still[:D]. But you know how those things work, the rabbit runs away and gets a good distance, then when you get close, he dashes off again (just to irritate you)[sm=scared0018.gif].

TheTomDude -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 4:01:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

/second

/sign

Akos Gergely -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 4:14:15 PM)

SuluSea,

you get the manual in the download version as well, just it's in pdf, not physical. But I guess everybody who wants to spend for a printed color manual can do it at a local printshop if you hate reading on monitor (though with big LCDs getting cheaper and more widespread I think this is getting less of a problem).

Erik,

thanks for the comments, I realize you don't do this intentionally just to bug us, but belive me, it's really difficult to swallow after waiting for so long that an additional week or two is expected due to a secondary (for most of us here) reason/problem.

BTW just as an idea, why don't you offer both for purchase when the game itself is ready with the proviso that the boxed edition ships later? So one then can decide which one to buy from the start and get the boxed copy later (so taht is decide between speed of delivery and the goodness of a printed manual and a disk containing the game).

rockmedic109 -> RE: It's June! Are we gold yet? (6/3/2009 4:28:09 PM)

Thank you for the info Erik.  Your reason for wanting a synchronized release makes sense {and I have wondered about the non-synchronized release on prior purchases, though I have never complained}. 

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI